Friday 9th March - IPO Preview

• Ran out of time to write it up so will do that in the morning but here's the Twitter Table in the meantime.

Looks like an interesting day!!!

• Today's IPO's a solid bunch of young, old, potential and WC prospects.

Starting with the 2 that surprised me most whilst researching them. Miranchuk has 4 in 14 for Russia including goals vs draws against Spain and Belgium. Although the Russian league isn't top notch his Avg PPG is still pretty good, a sign that he likes to get on the ball. Lokomotiv are on the brink of EL elimination vs Atleti but you can't ignore a home nation in the WC and although he lacks the current Xfer hype of Golovin (who will no doubt rise as the WC looms) I think he represents a solid investment at 50p. Yes it's slightly speculative but cream rises to the top.

Then we have Danilo, I initially thought 80p for a bench warmer even at City (Yaya Toure!?!) isn't worth much but then I was surprised by how much he's actually being used recently and registering 90 mins when he starts. All City defenders score big on PB but it's the goalscorers that hold the value and Danilo certainly knows where the net is and for that reason he could be VERY valuable. Only 26 too.

Sticking with City defenders we have Tosin Adarabioyo, one of those names that stand out when you see them regularly on a star studded bench. From admittedly limited data I couldn't see any evidence of goals which is a shame but at 40p I should imagine he'll rocket, does anyone know who the cheapest City player on the system is?? Except for Yaya.

Glenn Murray is an interesting one, bangs them in for Brighton and takes their penalties, great value based on the England call up rumours but age works against him. Bench marking him against the evergreen non-WC Quagliarella at Sampdoria he looks very cheap at 50p. (old prolific mid-table striker comparison only :-) )

That leaves us with Marcus McGuane as the only other person of interest. Lot of media attention with him featuring for Barcelona and being the first Englishman to do so since Linekar. Not sure where's he's at in terms of getting near the matchday squad so finger in the air for this one but I'm sure he'll definitely attract a crowd.

The also runs include a resurgent Debuchy at St Etienne, Evra in a tumbling West Ham side, Lacina Traore at Amiens and Barbosa who looks decent but is out of league with no Xfer Spec. None quite tick the boxes for me but happy to hear any counter opinions.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.