Buying promoted squad players on a friday

• Any tips on how to buy newly promoted squad players on a Friday at a good price? So far they've jumped in price before i've had a chance to grab a bargain. Thanks

• Its virtually impossible from what I understand. Can only assume robots sweep up

• Just had my first experience of buying a promoted player. Managed to buy at £1.03 lol. Now he is down to 85p

Deffo some bot action going on there, price goes all over the place

• @iwantmore i have an explenation for this: some people sell a player if they have earned for example 50% within hours and take the gain. So this might be the reason for price dropping. Sometimes this happens also after a transfer is done.....

• @NewUser38991 said in Buying promoted squad players on a friday:

ithi

I'm aware of that, what I mean is the player came onto the market at 13:00 by 13:01 his price had gone from 25p to £1.03 and every where inbetween then settled around the 80p mark.

The 25p start price wasn't even seen, I was refreshing like mad from 12:58 and the first price I seen was 73p.

All that in 60 seconds says there has to be software bots in the background doing auto buys (similar to software you can use for betfair) or people at football index get first dibs and buy few mins before they go out to the public sending the price up.

Someone's making big money from these, i'm just jealous it isn't me ;)

• I've given up buying promoted players for this very reason, I have made a loss every time.
    It would be better if people that vote for the squad players that are promoted got first dibs when they came on the market.

• @NewUser65501 said in Buying promoted squad players on a friday:

I've given up buying promoted players for this very reason, I have made a loss every time.
    It would be better if people that vote for the squad players that are promoted got first dibs when they came on the market.

Exactly my approach- if you've spent hard-earned votes on a player you REALLY think will nail it, then you deserved some form of reward for your clicking.
    Otherwise, what's the point of voting? To see the player you want in there at 4 times the price after 30 seconds and then lose a load of value when people dump to make profit?

It should be something like:
    13:00-13:05 for those in the top 33% of voters
    13:05-13:10 for those in the mid 33% of voters
    13:10-13:15 for those in the bottom 33% of voters
    13:15 + market free for all.

Heavy votes are, hopefully, assured a bit of a better price and protects them from being battered by the big hitters.
    Much more friendly to those casual traders joining up after the recent advertising.
    There'll still be a hefty % increase for the trend table to show too.

• I agree completely.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.