Analysis of last night's reaction

• link: http://footballindex.news/market-update-from-adam-cole/

*It was made clear that while only the Top 200 would ever be able to win the Media Buzz, we would open up the Opta Performance prize to every player on the INDEX. In the short term that means if a winner in any position is not in the 200 1st Team, no dividend payment will be made. This is because no one can currently purchase the Squad players, hence no dividends can be paid.

Long term we are going to introduce ‘Penny Stocks’ which means that Traders will be able to purchase every player on the INDEX. This is a piece of work we have planned for September, and will add yet another exciting element to the site; spotting young up and coming talent and getting them on the cheap.

This was the only solution that was practical to implement. Especially as Penny Stocks will be available shortly which will insure that a payment is always made to a tradeable player on the INDEX.*

The above is an extract from Adam' blog post, which essentially addresses some of those concerns raised from a few people at last night's twitter Q&A. We all knew this was still a WIP, and the final rules have yet to be released. What we do have is the dividend payout values, and the scoring system. This is what was officially release and what people should have been speculating on and not on any unknowns.

The breakdown:

• Media Buzz before and after September - Only players in the Top200 can MB. This hasn't changed from the outset.

• Before September PB - If a player outside of the top 200 has the highest performance points, then no PB can be won. Since we aren't able to purchase the penny stocks now, I do think it would be fairer to limit it to the Top 200 just until you release the purchasing of the squad players. But okay, I can live with that nonetheless. It's only one month away until we can buy players from the entire index for pennies (please guys release this in a way where everyone has a fair chance at buying them!!). And let's not forget... how likely are players outside of the Top200 actually going to win PB? Will it make much difference in one month? I don't think so.

• After September - all the players on the entire index can win PB and the whole index will be available for purchase. Which means there will always be a PB winner.

The PB rules and IPO of penny shares will enable traders to employ a more varied strategies. Some will be looking to invest heavily on lower cost futures that win few and far between, but win big when they do hit. While others will invest in higher end futures, which have potential to win MB and PB more often. Others will look at flipping quickly. This will all be reflected in the player's value.

Personally, I was happy at the prices before last night. I'm over the moon now. Even though I've taken a hit in the short term. I know full well those players will be earning PB from 19th. I'll just be getting better value for any purchase from today.

Just my 2 pence.

edit: included link

• What is the fuckin point of penny shares i just dont understand where we are going.Whats the point in penny shares full stop

• So those that do their research can spot talent early while the price is still low, I presume. On the flip side, it also widens the PB goal post.

• Why not just promote another 100 players into the existing 200 at set prices based on there ability/market value compared to there counterparts that are already in the top 200 and let people trade as normal on these .When someone gets promoted in then cap all investers to 100 shares in that player for a period of a week allowing anyone who maybe interested have a chance to invest.

• @Chewbacker said in Analysis of last night's reaction:

Why not just promote another 100 players into the existing 200 at set prices based on there ability/market value compared to there counterparts that are already in the top 200 and let people trade as normal on these .When someone gets promoted in then cap all investers to 100 shares in that player for a period of a week allowing anyone who maybe interested have a chance to invest.

Agreed, its too big a change.

In my book, the best thing they can do is expand the first team to 300 players and make promotions a bit fairer - either via a tendering process or max 10 futures a trader within 24 hours of promotion.

Over the years, they can expand the index by adding another 100 players to it every couple of years along with adding additional dividends to balance it out.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.