Trackers!

• Hi,

does anyone use Trackers to purchase futures? I sort of understand how they are used, wondered if someone could provide some more information on them?, are they worth investing in?

Thanks

• They buy 1 share of each of the top 10 players at the second you buy them. So, for me, it's fairly pointless.

If it was to track the combined value of the top 10 at all times, that would be better, as it would naturally grow with the 'Footie'. I'd even happily forgoe any dividends to have access to something like that.

• Yeah its bullshit not really a proper tracker. Technically speaking it is called replication tracking, but if you go into financial markets this is not nearly as effective as Stratification or Optimisation trackers.

That said....

If you have the cash .. say a few grand.. buying 50 top 10 trackers might not be a bad shout for dividends. Even better would be top 25 trackers but you would need 5k to invest I think.

You also have to flip those players at some point and if one tanks bad your fucked.

• If you have the cash .. say a few grand.. buying 50 top 10 trackers might not be a bad shout for dividends. Even better would be top 25 trackers but you would need 5k to invest I think.

IMO that's a sub-optimal version of buy the players you actually want. Spending £5,000, i'd want to have researched every player I'm buying and balance the portfolio. Just buying a tracker leaves you at the will of a potentially over inflated player price, leaving you with maybe 9 out of 10 players you want.
    I'd rather just spend a little extra time and do it manually.
    The whole tracker set up needs relaunching.

• Thanks Guys, makes more sense now, I think after hearing all the information and understanding it, I'd rather research and invest in my own future's, thanks again, much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.