Is it Me or is Everything Going Wrong!!Help!!

• Hi Everyone,

I have got to be honest I'm confused. I have been on FI I would say seriously for about a month. It's not away of me trying to get rich , but obviously you want to win. I started really small and just wanted to try and see how the market worked and to be honest It pretty much went how I thought it would. I never made big profits but there seemed like some sort of logic to how the market and buzz worked.
    Then PB came into play and things seemed to make sense , now nothing makes sense. I have got/had players playing well and scoring and there prices are plummeting , in general everything is plummeting. My portfolio is approximately 1k ( don't tell the wife). Obviously there are some players on Twitter with 50k plus and I think fair play if you can make a good go of it and you have the balls go for it.
    The thing I cannot get my head round is that with all the publicity, extra customers shorely the market should be going up , i just wonder with the PB the big hitters are moving there money around almost daily , because if it wasnt for the squad players coming in on the Friday the index wouldn't be sitting at just over 8000 it's the only time it really seems to go up.
    Then there is supposedly going to be the 1p shares,that could send everything plummeting further, that will shorely make the market lower all round. It's making me twitchy to say the least.

• I started trading in players that i believed had a big future in football which meant long term investments thinking that they will grow.I invested 8k and all was really bright my profits were un an upward curve.Then PB came in and i have lost 91% of my profit.I have now sold all my futures and managed to come out with my 8K plus a small profit that wouldnt be anymore than having my money in my current account for a year.When i first found out about FI i thought what a fantastic idea.Now i leave never to return and invest again.I am sure there are some people who have lost heavy and some who have been big winners with PB.

• @Chewbacker what the hell you doing investing £8k in something that makes absolutely zero sense??

There's no logic to this game.

There's no strategy to this game.

It's pick and hope for the best.

I've been playing for a week and it's not taken me long to see why many don't last long playing this thing.

• I was the same always looking to future and going on some high reputation players I think the PB has ruined it. When you look at the other discussions, there are mentions of flipping players quickly by buying big and selling when the PB has finished for profit.

• I've noticed is that a lot of money has gone into Man City players, so it might also be a response to early season form. & that a lot of money has been coming out of the highest price players. It may be profit taking by people with big portfolios who can affect/manipulate the market.

It is pretty frustrating all round tho

• You're right, but what I can't understand is Gabriel Jesus has played well scored goals and dropped 76p a share in the last week. Yet he isn't injured and has scored and assisted it's bizarre.

• I'm calling it a day, all my profits have gone in the last 24 hours. Only issue now it instant sell is unavailable apparently. Keeps failing

• @iwantmore I want to do the same but instant sell won't work which is ridiculous because I've lost further money the last few hours after not being able to sell.

• @lanceindex coincidence or them trying to control a further crash??

• @iwantmore that's what I was thinking, seems convenient.

• @NewUser62758 that is an odd one - Griezmann & Lukaku similarly

• Strange, when you look at the top 50 players, 35 of them have dropped in price .

• @NewUser62758 said in Is it Me or is Everything Going Wrong!!Help!!:

Strange, when you look at the top 50 players, 35 of them have dropped in price .

It's because one or two big investors have decided to take their profit, or are rearranging their portfolio. Hence the dip in certain players.

@NewUser62758 said in Is it Me or is Everything Going Wrong!!Help!!:

I was the same always looking to future and going on some high reputation players I think the PB has ruined it. When you look at the other discussions, there are mentions of flipping players quickly by buying big and selling when the PB has finished for profit.

If you strategy is to do short term flips, then do just that. But if your strategy is to win dividends and profit long term, then the short terms fluctuations won't affect you. It will rise and fall and rise again, every week.

• Remember peeps it's only a profit or loss when you sell. On paper it means nothing other than it looks nice or makes you feel sick. Seeing the index tank can make your stomach go in knots and tests how much mental steel you're made of. Remember you have your futures for 3 years. A lot can happen in that time. In fact things can change fast in days and weeks. The index will rise and fall from time to time and should penny shares come into play the existing liquidity will be diluted into more players in the short term making more people panic and decide they don't wanna play anymore. That's fine but remember the index has gone from 1000 - 8000 in 2 years. It has also seen big drops before. Long term I'm very relaxed that it will be fine. Stay calm all is well. In every market crash in history, you'll find those that panic sell and those that rub their hands with glee with the bargains available to buy. Pick your mindset folks ; )

• Instant sell has been disabled to prevent further panic selling. Adam Cole has released a statement on twitter.

Naughty really people should be able to sell no matter what.

• In China, when the stock market crashes, they switch it off. Seriously.

In America, they have what's called "the plunge protection team" whose job it is to stop the market crashing.

• I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks, chucked £50 in just for a bit of fun. Liked the idea and was excited by making a couple of quid but WTF. It would appear that if a player gets a red card then boom he goes up in value (Mane last week, Luis today). The flyer I got through the post says players will go up in value with positive press, not negative press. Players i have bought have played well, scored goals, penalty's etc etc and gone down in value being overtaken by players having negative press. IF YOU ARE LISTENING FOOTBALL INDEX PLEASE CLARIFY THE RULES OR YOU WILL CERTAINLY LOSE MY CUSTOM.

• @Harmonica The price of a player is determined by the traders. It is them you should be annoyed at, not FI. FI simply provide a platform!

• @Harmonica Whilst I agree they could look into the media buzz algorithm, they've recently introduced performance buzz which rewards the best performing players. It rewards all round performance not just goals so poachers are not really the best options.

• The same has happened for me. I believe the futures will rise again back up to around 75% of what they have been at their highest, unless the penny stock changes all this. The reason they've dropped is Performance Buzz. People want midfielders and defenders now so they can win money which is why they've taken money out and are selling media buzz players.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.