Retirement

• So what happens when a player retires? ie Zlatan will everyone holding lose it all?

• Bye bye investment.
    Just like when they're relegated.

• ... similar to when a listed business goes under or Hoover start handing out free flights to New York!

• I have no idea why anyone holds him, he could literally turn round tomorrow and say he's done

• @The-Chartist said in Retirement:

I have no idea why anyone holds him, he could literally turn round tomorrow and say he's done

He wins lots of media buzz.

Whilst he wins buzz, his value will hold for some reason (logically a player with such a short period of time potentially should depreciate quickly but the index doesn't work like normal markets). People think they can offload before he crashes.

People start spouting off nonsense like 35% ROI in 4 months.

• @mike778 said in Retirement:

@The-Chartist said in Retirement:

I have no idea why anyone holds him, he could literally turn round tomorrow and say he's done

Whilst he wins buzz, his value will hold for some reason (logically a player with such a short period of time potentially should depreciate quickly but the index doesn't work like normal markets). People think they can offload before he crashes.

True, last year he got an insane amount of media buzz, but that was before his injury and hes another year older now...

I'm actually quite interested to see what does happen in the event of a retirement, however I def don't want to be in the thick of it when it happens!

• @The-Chartist said in Retirement:

@mike778 said in Retirement:

True, last year he got an insane amount of media buzz, but that was before his injury and hes another year older now...

I'm actually quite interested to see what does happen in the event of a retirement, however I def don't want to be in the thick of it when it happens!

It'll be the mother and father of crashes.

Ibra could make quite people a lot of cash if you time it right (he may well rocket in price when he come back) but its a gamble. Like sex without contraception - if you are in and out quick enough then its happy days. Stay in for too long and it could be VERY expensive.

• @mike778 said in Retirement:

@mike778 said in Retirement:

It'll be the mother and father of crashes.

Ibra could make quite people a lot of cash if you time it right (he may well rocket in price when he come back) but its a gamble. Like sex without contraception - if you are in and out quick enough then its happy days. Stay in for too long and it could be VERY expensive.

Haha that analogy tho!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.