The £10 club !! Kane before Messi ?

• Hey Guys

Lets bring this card to the table....the £10 Club.

More importantly who will get there first...there are really 3 in contention, Messi (£8.03), Kane (£5.89) and Lukaku (£4.89).

Lukaku has to do something special to get his price rising higher than £6 again but it's not impossible, Kane is in incredible form at the moment and if he continues like this until December then we could well see him go over £7 and Messi is still doing what Messi does but is there so much wood you can keep putting on the fire? i may be wrong but does this fire seems to be losing it's flame in recent months?

In my opinion i think that Kane will get to £10 before Messi does, to be honest i think that Kane will get to £7 before Messi gets to £9.

Let's hear your opinions......

Cheers

AndyP32

• Pretty certain it will be Messi. He's been sensational so far this season, if he wins a couple of 18p PB dividends in november he will go up to £10.

Kane is great but Messi is 🐐

• Neymar?!?

• Depends on how the MB shifts. If it doubles, in line with PB, then Kane has a massive chance with the World Cup MB (especially if he's made captain like he should be).

If it doesn't, PB will remain king in the market's eyes, and Messi will romp it. He's got an almost perfect set of skills for FI.

• Neither, both get injured and Fellaini scores 40 goals this season with his mop and a few elbows of God...

• In all seriousness based on current trends it has to be Messi, far more easier games in La Liga for him to do his thing...

I've never been a big fan of Harry Kane, if he could do something for his country instead of going missing he might just win me over.. Until then he's just one slow lucky scuff merchant in my eyes with a great sense of positioning...

• @The-Chartist said in The £10 club !! Kane before Messi ?:

In all seriousness based on current trends it has to be Messi, far more easier games in La Liga for him to do his thing...

I've never been a big fan of Harry Kane, if he could do something for his country instead of going missing he might just win me over.. Until then he's just one slow lucky scuff merchant in my eyes with a great sense of positioning...

I still own Harry Kane shares tho pahaha

• @The-Chartist

Not a fan of Harry Kane? He'd get into any squad in the world - and play a big part too.

Agree it would be nice to see him do well for England but he is just one player. Messi has hardly dragged Argentina to the top of the world.

Not suggesting Kane is that level because he's not.

You have Messi and Ronaldo and then loads in the bracket below, Kane is there.

• @ACBlue

Messi has still done things for his country which are electrifying..

Kane went missing in the Euros and could barely string a pass together, it was embarrassing to watch frankly.

His athleticism is well below that of many top players and has zero pace and he does scuff a tonne of shots which somehow find their way to the back of the net.

He does some good things don't get me wrong, but he lacks the athleticism and technical skill that I look for in players I admire. He MIGHT be in the grade below, but I think due to his lack pace and such that his career will be quite short and not prolific enough to be a great by any standards.. that is of course just one mans opinion and as I say, I'd happily eat my words if he can produce some of his club form for country this summer.

• @The-Chartist

I accept he was poor in the euros but so was the entire England team (he is 100% accountable for those corners mind).

Opinions is what makes FI work, its interesting. You cite his lack of pace as a reason why he wont stick around for a long time. I see it the opposite. If you have no pace as a youngster, you develop to play without it. It's when you have pace to burn it CAN become an issue - see Michael Owen. Somebody like Rashford (hopefully not as I like him) could get caught out by this.

Also, scuffed finishes nestling in the net. Being in the right position is half the battle for a striker - you make your own luck etc etc

• @ACBlue

I def agree with his positioning, very intuitive and he clearly has a great footballing IQ.

You make an interesting point about pace actually, I hadn't considered the reverse, I suppose Bale could be a candidate for a shorter career than most simply because a large part of his game for him while he was peaking relied so heavily on his pace.

Sadly his build seems to lend to him being injury prone as well. So yes interesting point.

Kane's slowly winning me over but I've taken a long time to be convinced, still didn't stop me buying him on his recent dip, have to respect the value when it's there and leave sentiments aside.

• Kane ticks every FI box

-Scores goals in bunches
    -Plays in England for a major team
    -Plays for England (and may be captain at the World Cup)
    -The primary goal-scorer for his team
    -Young
    -Unlikely to leave Premier League

I'm tempted to sell before media players drop just to take profits but he is almost a prototype Index player on paper. Messi is fantastic for winning PBs but doesn't tick everything due to not playing in England. Also he is over 30, not like he is going to drop off the hill any time soon but he's at the point when he may pick up more niggles (and I know Kane has had a few issues).

I suspect Messi would crash far more heavily than Kane if either had a significant injury. He will probably take more dividends over next few months but feel he is more riskier.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.