Top 200 Balance

• Its occurred to me that there could be a pretty significant positive impact to MB players as a result of penny stocks.

Historically barring a few obvious exceptions, MB is mainly limited to Premier League players hence why the index has been generally flooded with Premier League players. If however the Index becomes far more balanced which looks like it will be the case then there will be a much smaller pool of players who can win the MB given that the top 200 will be locked 24 hours earlier.

A lot of Premier League players will drop out of the top 200. Sure they aren't regular MB winners but if they score a winner in a big game they could easily pinch one which is unlikely to be the case for players like Immobile, Seri and so on unless they move to the Premier League.

So on that note,

1. How many Premier League players do you think will end up in the top 200 when it all shakes up ?
    2. What do you think will be price cut-off point for entry into the top 200

There will be a certain value for 'being in the top 200' especially for Premier League players and I guess beyond certain point (top 100 maybe ?) it will be pretty fluid.

• Well no-one replied but following the announcement of the new IPO prices, it looks very good for media players indeed. There's every chance the Premier League contribution to the index could drop to in the region of 50-60 with very real media candidates like Victor dropping out of the 200.

I reckon when it settles down, you'll need to be at least £1 maybe even £1.50 to make the top group,

• I'd agree with this. The question of what happens to overpriced players remains though. If nobody buys them do they just sit at that price causing a static market?

• @ACBlue

Worth raising this query with them on Twitter if you use it, they seem to be more responsive on there

• Well i dont know because a few of my players scored important goals and went down in value where as the likes of davvid luiz and pedro had an average game and went up in value. Losing patience with this game.

• @NewUser85470

I too found this strange at first but it's not all about playing the best game, for example, a defender could keep a clean sheet in a dull game and rack up a load of points by passing square and backwards.

It's slightly annoying but, to be fair, there is no other way to judge performance without it being entirely subjective (which is impossible to manage).

The only advice I can offer is, those are the rules, play to them. Alternatively, forget about PB and focus on media buzz and price increase.

• Im only really on price increase. Im in profit but over the last week ive also found that players are now virtually impossible to sell unless you instant sell them. And with more players coming in its gonna be even harder. I was making ten or 20 quid a week then nothing this week.

• @ACBlue said in Top 200 Balance:

I'd agree with this. The question of what happens to overpriced players remains though. If nobody buys them do they just sit at that price causing a static market?

I suppose, if they do just sit there then the overpriced IPOs may be the safest buys as they can't drop in price all you can lose is the spread/commission.

Wonder if they will tweak the intended prices. Gomez was planned to list at £3 but settled at just over half that. Although Fekir settled a lot higher than his planned list price.

• There's no way on earth that they won't drop, its just a matter of how they do it, as for finding out by using twitter I've tweeted on it, messaged and even called them - no response. Riddle me that!

• @Agatello said in Top 200 Balance:

There's no way on earth that they won't drop, its just a matter of how they do it, as for finding out by using twitter I've tweeted on it, messaged and even called them - no response. Riddle me that!

Logical way would be ... if nobody owns a future overnight, price drops by 1p. Problem would be what do you do if somebody owns the 1.

I'm keeping away from the new peeps entirely anyway for now

• @mike778

I think they'd have to set a rule along the lines of price drops by 1p every x number of hours if less than x shares were held.

Anyone purchasing would then know holding the x number of shares would secure the price from anything other than genuine market trading

• I can't think of any other way than that myself either although think the drop could well be faster than 1p per day.

Let's say the assumed 100 shares shifts a player value up/down by 1p :-
    James Milners Uncle thinks he on par with Messi and thinks £230 is a snip for 100 futures and looks forward to regular £12 dividends over the next 3 years with no intention of selling up (especially for roughly a £12 loss to the spread plus commission) *tongue firmly in cheek.

Because no-one else sees Milner in the same light will he just sit there on £2.31 for 3 years, possibly taking up a top 200 place in the process?

• @Agatello

Very good point on the hogging a top 200 spot.

Maybe they should have introduced a reverse auction style...

All players in at FI defined price, price drops by 1p every 10 mins until X number of shares are owned.

• FI should introduce short selling, so we can all short Milner back to a penny...

• He appears to be back in favour at the minute and playing in midfield, could well be back taking pens too after Salah's miss.
    If he was closer to a quid I'd probably be interested, hard to say with the imminent flooding of defenders.

So we're 48hrs away and still none the wiser on how it's going to work. Got a few quid waiting to spend on the new guys but I'm guessing there won't be much interest in the first few as everyone watches with interest (unless they're obviously short) and this will probably have a negative knock on effect.

I can't believe that FI aren't reading these posts, or the twitter message I've seen them or that the lovely lady I spoke to on the phone didn't pass my query on. Why the silence???

• @Agatello this general confusion isn't good in the market, with all these big changes being implemented and hundreds of new players being drafted in a lack of confidence could lead to the relatively arbitrary market bursting. I'm actually really quite worried with such a large portfolio. A lot of mates of mine are beginning to sell of half their portfolio and then buy back after the market crash.

• That's probably Music to FI's ears isn't it, I don't proclaim to be an expert in this field but I'm guessing a crash and recovery probably makes them a substantial amount of commission.

The previous IPO system appeared to be working well - 2 a day instead of 2 every week probably wouldn't have rocked the boat but now we're looking at an influx of players that weren't even in the squad. I'm all for spotting a diamond in the rough but they've got to be affordable.

When you say a large portfolio, how many figure's are you talking about?

• Has anyone considers that the silence from FI is because they hadn't thought about it.

I hope not as this would be schoolboy stuff but the silence is deafening...

• @ACBlue said in Top 200 Balance:

Has anyone considers that the silence from FI is because they hadn't thought about it.

I hope not as this would be schoolboy stuff but the silence is deafening...

I'm definitely assuming that this is the case. It feels they announce headline grabbing news first, work out the details later....

• Well they've broken their silence on Twitter but the response is stating that they won't use Social Media for Rules/Policy updates.

What's the odds on Postponement!!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.