market volatility

• I've been here a while now but the introduction of PB has added huge volatility to the player prices. Neymar dropped by 13p yesterday after one average game...a drop of 1300 shares if the 1p per 100 is to be believed.

Expect prices will bounce back the second he has a strong performance.

Seems to cause big swings in players based solely on one game.

I'm not complaining, just an observation and I'm sure FI love it.

Surprised other traders move so quick of one performance though.

• Naymar dropped because the international break finished. He absolutely stormed it, picked up media buzzes left, right and centre so his price rocketed like there is no tomorrow. That's over now so some price correction was inevitable. Whilst he is a damn good PB player, he's not worth £7 for his PB potential - he hasn't done enough PB wise to justify that.

With English football back in, overseas news becomes less important as he media focuses on the premier league and triple media dividend is over as well.

Market doesn't seem particularly volatile - this sort of thing happened before. Certainly its absolutely no-where near the volatility of the summer when players were doubling or halving in price within hours. Morata wnt from £1 to £3 then back to £1 then £5 then £3 or something like that.

You are right - if he storms a game and racks up hi

• @mike778

Interesting. I probably wasn't monitoring enough in summer to notice those shifts but blimey.

Fair point on the international break. Suspectplayers like Neymar, Messi etc will roar when WC edges closer. Especially if either face England.

• @ACBlue said in market volatility:

@mike778

Interesting. I probably wasn't monitoring enough in summer to notice those shifts but blimey.

Fair point on the international break. Suspectplayers like Neymar, Messi etc will roar when WC edges closer. Especially if either face England.

The last international break was great for Naymar as England were playing Brazil and the result of games not that important plus Naymar was being linked to Madrid.

The World Cup will suit Naymar again as it is in Brazil - otherwise you'd expect England players to be the main beneficiaries buzz wise at least until we are out in the groups.

• @mike778

In Brazil ???

• Naymar will win Media Bluzz every day of the world cup with it being in Brazil. Its in Brazil again in 2023 so start getting your portfolios ready.

• You sure I thought it was in Russia myself boss

• Oh dear lord!

• Really? World Cup in 2023?? Madness Russia in 2018 and Qatar (if it doesn’t change) in 2022 every 4 years unless I’ve missed a serious change in the way football is run??

• You would not be able to see a joke if it smacked you in the face😂

• Yes because she it’s so easy to read the tone someone’s comment is in

• @Matt-bankroll said in market volatility:

Yes because she it’s so easy to read the tone someone’s comment is in

This is to be read in a sarcastic tone btw guys

• @mike778 said in market volatility:

@ACBlue said in market volatility:

@mike778

The last international break was great for Naymar as England were playing Brazil and the result of games not that important plus Naymar was being linked to Madrid.

The World Cup will suit Naymar again as it is in Brazil - otherwise you'd expect England players to be the main beneficiaries buzz wise at least until we are out in the groups.

Brazil/Russia same thing.

I blame the Chocolate wine and toffee vodka appearing at the xmas market for the brain fart.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.