Who shall i invest in?

• Im a small time trader with a 600 quid portfolio but now ive found my feet im going to pump in 2k. Any tips where i should be looking to invest it?

• If long term World Cup stats is a good option like dybala messi both lowest they have been for a while with possible pb when they come out of their bad form. Insigne looks good value at the moment. For short term look at mertens Phillip max janko players out of contract and the best low risk option on the index naby Keita. Has a good pb baseline and at 2 pound is stil cheap as he will move to Liverpool in the summer and the mb could be huge

• Inigo Martinez looks attractive ATM lots of transfer speculation to the Prem could push to the world cup with Spain and he's 92 as I write this .. surely he will go way over a pound in Jan

• Clement lenglet also been linked with a few clubs man city for example.. good Centre back and only 85p if he goes to the Prem also expect his price to go over a pound

• @Porky Hi mate, I've seen you posting on a few other threads so I'm a little surprised to see you start a thread like this, by asking this question you're inviting people to recommend players they already own which they'll then flip once you invest. If you're looking for long term investments then I'd suggest buying reasonably priced WC players with MB/PB potential now, if you want to take a riskier approach you can try to make quick flips based on transfer speculation, but in reality it's rare for decent players to move in January, yes a few players will move but you're more likely to end up with a player who has no MB potential and little PB potential and who's price will crash when the window closes. But this is just my opinion and I'm sure you'll get many others!

• @NewUser76539 disagree with Naby Keita being the ‘best low risk’ option. Think a lot of investors will be left disappointed when he finally does arrive at Liverpool and they find him playing a deeper and more fixed position behind the free flowing attackers. Liverpool simply can’t fit nor afford him his current role into their midfield.

• First decide which strategy or strategies you're going to adopt. Elite players for MB/PB? Mid-range players for PB/transfer potential? Cheap players for transfer potential? Players who could star in the World Cup?

Then for each strategy try to identify those players who you think will outperform their peers

For players with transfer potential plan to hold those players until the summer. If there are transfer rumours in January and you can flip them then that's great but you might need to be patient

• Btw Keita won't get much MB because his transfer to Liverpool is already a done deal

• It goes against my strategy but i think Ronaldo offers best chance for a decent ROI right now? A Media Buzz magnet he's likely to top a few PB's he has a world club final on Sunday a Classico the week after always has a few rumours on his future and will be no doubt top of the talked about players in the WC? I wouldn't want to hold his purse after Russia but certainly leading into it he'll earn you a few quid!!

• @Dave-C disagree Dave when the transfer goes through he will be one of the first major transfers the rest of the deals will still be going through. Looking at a benchmark of other similar midfielders 3 pound should be a minimum and also his baseline pb is 110 with more chances to score in the premiership I think its a sold low risk option I both 500 at 1 pound so not a major investment but my one long term hold along with dybala insigne for pb and hazard for mb pb

• Thanks for the input guys. I wasnt asking which players specifically. I apologise for the wording. I was more interested in the distribution. Like eggs in a few baskets or spread over a hundred odd players?
    And should i invest in players in the top prices middle or lower/squad players? I would like to do it sensibly but when i have money in my account i end up just buy buy buy. Ive found that even buying a "surefire" player it can go wrong and then i hear a rumour about an obscure player and i buy a few shares his price rockets.
    Look at dybala kane and messi they lost a lot after being sky high.

• @Dave-C said in Who shall i invest in?:

Btw Keita won't get much MB because his transfer to Liverpool is already a done deal

Yeah hes good but so was renato sanches

• ZLATAN? When he goes to the bottom.

• Diversification is a safe way of approaching things, and means you can add any players that you fancy, which makes things fun also

• @Porky keita is a good player, hopefully he’ll be able to bring something to the Premier League and doesn’t end up like Aquilani or worse... El Hadji Diouf!

• @NewUser49172 said in Who shall i invest in?:

@Porky keita is a good player, hopefully he’ll be able to bring something to the Premier League and doesn’t end up like Aquilani or worse... El Hadji Diouf!

I hope so. I may buy a few. Hes still cheap compared to others

• Just two examples to bare in mind regarding players coming from the Bundesliga to the Prem- Kagawa and Mkhitaryan - more time and space in Germany. Good luck Naby!

• zlatan is enough to put the willies up everyone

• I think that Scott Mctominay mite not be a bad shout hes only 74p iv only 100 shares but i think Jose mite start playing him more often.

• @Porky said in Who shall i invest in?:

Thanks for the input guys. I wasnt asking which players specifically. I apologise for the wording. I was more interested in the distribution. Like eggs in a few baskets or spread over a hundred odd players?
    And should i invest in players in the top prices middle or lower/squad players? I would like to do it sensibly but when i have money in my account i end up just buy buy buy. Ive found that even buying a "surefire" player it can go wrong and then i hear a rumour about an obscure player and i buy a few shares his price rockets.
    Look at dybala kane and messi they lost a lot after being sky high.

Its your money - your choice.

Personally I invest 10% of my budget in 10 players. Seems right balance of balancing risk whilst retaining selectivity. My opinion as stated in multiple cases is that media players (with a proven record of winning media) are the best buys - a select group of players monopolise most of the media wins. The mid-range PB type players just seem to be a big punt. Its your money though, need to decide what you are hoping to achieve.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.