Dividends or Growth

• Which is your strategy? I've been targeting dividends with a goal of hitting 1% per month ROI. But I've had several players hitting 5% a month ROI since November

• why not target both? I've players like Ronaldo & Messi that have depreciated in value but have earned me a lot in dividends. Only time will tell if the buzz wins will make up for the overall loss in value but we're talking the best two footballers in the world... Only a hat-trick or two from their price rocketing back up and a big world cup from either would give me the best of both worlds?

I do like steady growth though and not necessarily bidding on the next best 17 year old but rather targeting young players who have just broken in to their teams that are improving all the time. For me buying an underrated consistent performer at 0.60 (with good opportunities to double your money) is a tidy way to make a steady return from a very low risk strategy compared to buying an over priced media-hyped striker in his 30's for example (no names mentioned)!!!

• I would subscribe to Football Index Edge. Only costs about £6 a month and that's a drop in the ocean compared too what you're probably aiming to yield.

They have a fantastic couple of blogs which will give you an idea of who is statistically underpriced. They have another graph which is biblical for a short-term flipping strategy if that's your bag.

As for growth; until September at the earliest, the Index will provide that organically - the FOOTIE growth is remarkable and increasing impressively on a weekly basis. Most IPO's are untouched these days so the new money is clearly going on existing proven talent.

Buy people with a 6 month outlook, avoid selling just because something didn't happen and you'll probably be just fine.

• With growth or dividends it’s about look and judgement I will I was here to of got Neymar under £2 and should of bought loads of Salah and kept at 1-50p for growth media and performance my big buy Lamela is taking his time to regain form so whatever you do it’s luck and time in hand getting in early and the old saying buy when people are scared sell when people are greedy

• My big buy was salah at 2.50 :)

• @Agatello just be careful with the stats on that site as they dont include players who played from the bench gaining points. Example in Napolis game against Crotone on 29 Dec, Zielinski played 23 mins from the bench and scored PB points yet he didnt get any on there and there are multiple more examples of this

• @si3ltd said in Dividends or Growth:

@Agatello just be careful with the stats on that site as they dont include players who played from the bench gaining points. Example in Napolis game against Crotone on 29 Dec, Zielinski played 23 mins from the bench and scored PB points yet he didnt get any on there and there are multiple more examples of this

Not sure I get what you mean. I've got a few Zielinski's anyway as I use it to complement my thinking rather than an oracle as such.

• @si3ltd what site are you talking about? Football Index Edge? Because if it is they definitely have stats for players coming off the bench. Zielinski is down as having 18 points in the Crotone game. I have him and Diawara who are subbed on a lot so I keep track of both of their scores and they are both definitely on the site.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.