Transfer window

• Wow, pretty new to this site and first transfer window for me, what I seen is complete madness, players linked to transfers shoot up and then plummet when the deal is done, Huge volatility all across, just wondering if that’s normal and if June/July/August are the same?
    The WC should be another big factor this year I suppose but transfers talk seem to affect trade hugely, what are your past experiences and what would you suggest?
    Thanks

• Seems normal to me except for the fact do anybody here have a life in January or do they spend all January on google???? My most volotile day so far on the index .

• Last summer was my first transfer window and yes it's exactly like this!! So be careful, if a player has already shot up on the basis of some vague rumours i.e. comments such as 'someone close to the player' has revealed blah blah blah then think twice before investing. A few things to consider, if the transfer happens is the player actually worth what you're already paying? Compare him to players already in that team, will he qualify for and is he likely to win MB if the transfer happens and most importantly if the transfer doesn't happen and his price drops can I afford to hold him to the next window - there are players all footy fans 'know' will move so if it doesn't happen in the current window their price will go back up in the next as the rumours resurface - VVD is the perfect example of this. Hope this helps!

• @Ermejo said in Transfer window:

Wow, pretty new to this site and first transfer window for me, what I seen is complete madness, players linked to transfers shoot up and then plummet when the deal is done, Huge volatility all across, just wondering if that’s normal and if June/July/August are the same?
    The WC should be another big factor this year I suppose but transfers talk seem to affect trade hugely, what are your past experiences and what would you suggest?
    Thanks

No - last summer was about 20 times as volatile as this. It was absolutely crazy. Morata was going from £1 to £5 back to £1 then to £3 then something else. Jan has been pretty tame so far in comparison. Was very dangerous - someone like James halved in value in about half an hour when he was off to Bayern instead of England. World Cup might soften it a bit.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.