Will there be another share split?

• Been trading for a few months now (loving it btw) and I've been doing some research, it looks there was a share split back in the day. With the top players continuing to rise, does anyone think they will be another share split in the near future?

The platform seems to be growing rapidly with the continued marketing campaigns and World Cup on the horizon, the top players will surely just rise even more.

What does everyone think? Reckon it would be a good thing? Was anyone on here trading when the last share split happened, would be good to hear your thoughts.

Cheers!

• brand new to the index. For those of us less savvy, can you explain exactly what you mean by share split and how it would manifest itself in the index?

• @NewUser69901 said in Will there be another share split?:

What does everyone think? Reckon it would be a good thing? Was anyone on here trading when the last share split happened, would be good to hear your thoughts.

When the Index launched if offered 20p dividends for media buzz winner only (there was no performance buzz). After about ten months the share prices had gone so high that it was prohibitive for new joiners, so they devalued everything by splitting shares into 4 to bring prices lower. Buzz was also reduced to 5p.

So whereas you might have owned 1 Ibrahimovic @ £5, you now owned 4 Ibrahimovic @ £1.25.

So by the old standards, Neymar today would have been priced at £32 a share.

Personally I think we're a long way from needing another share split, as FI is so much bigger now - so there's still liquidity and upwards movement where players are priced in the £6-10 band. I think once dividends are all in multiple of 2 pence (i.e. 6p for media buzz rather than 5p) there might be scope to split shares by two. But that's probably a year or two down the road.

• @NewUser108660 basically all player prices were divided by 4 and so were the dividend (buzz) wins - from 20p to 5p. Made it more appealing for new customers signing up I'm guessing, they didn't want to price them out

• @NewUser69901 said in Will there be another share split?:

@NewUser108660 basically all player prices were divided by 4 and so were the dividend (buzz) wins - from 20p to 5p. Made it more appealing for new customers signing up I'm guessing, they didn't want to price them out

Don't forget to mention ownership was also multiplied by 4 meaning no-one was out of pocket but expensive players were more affordable to newcomers. Could well happen again and I think it would be very welcome!

Does anyone know of any downsides to this?

• I think logic would tell you that once FI is three years old advantage in a share split would mean everyone has to by new for original expired shares and once Neymar Kane and co reach £10 they become out of reach to most and £5 top wack by a 50/50 split with divs devided by 50% and 1p for the G/keeper lol

• @Agatello Yep very true!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.