Penny Stocks

• Every player is going to be made available to purchase, those young gems, foreign unknown quantities will now be able to join your portfolio. What are your thoughts on this? Good? Bad? Have a read here of it in full here: http://trade.footballindex.co.uk/squad-list-consultation/

• I like the idea and have allready provided feedback. Gives a bit more back to football knowledge over what journalists choose to write about. The only suggestion i did say is i think that penny stock players should only be aloud to be purchased with new deposits rather than current account funds or money tied up in players. If not i can see the market going into chaos with peole flipping players everywhere to get cheaper options on the squad list. What i do think tho is it will make the top 200 look more realistic over time as opta and potential of players will drive value. And will stop shocking players getting voted in to the 200. How has harry maguire got so many votes

• @FI_Tom I for one cant wait for this!

• Supposedly dividends are meant to rise with the opta system. Is it worth saving some of the 'rise' until penny stocks come in ?

Lets say, dividends are meant to rise from 5p to 15p with Opta, It may be worth making it 10p at the start of the season and 15p when penny stocks come in. This could deter a mini market crash from players taking money out of the top 200 and into squad players if there a dividend rise at the same time.

Generally speaking though, I like this.

• I think a prime example to showcase where Penny stocks would have come into their own would have been over the weekend when the England Under 20s lifted the World Cup, some quality players on show and will no doubt have seen some action on the Index.

It exciting looking forward to next summer and the World Cup in Russia!

• @FI_Tom definately! Any idea when this is due to be implemented?

• the trader consultation is currently ongoing so most likely not until September/October time

• @FI_Tom is it likely that a mid-season introduction is realistic?

• @LukeRiley hopefully the early part of the season but there is still a lot of data to go through!

• Hey guys

I was just about to ask a question in the main forum about how traders who spot young talented players can be rewarded and this penny stock idea seems to capture just that! There are many young players on the squad list who I can see having a good future and would like to be able to purchase them now, rather than in say a years time when/if they are a much bigger profile player and everyone else is aware of them.

So for that reason, I think the idea of all players being available for purchase is great.

• I like the concept. My only concern is the 'IPO' launch (plus new player IPOs). Those that have every tried to buy a promoted player will know it is almost impossible to get them for their launch price and so most likely the good penny buys will instantly rise to multiple times their IPO before traders get a chance to purchase. I'm 99% certain these immediate purchases are being run through automation so preventing a 'fair' trading system. For me, this is a big issue

• Good point. I totally agree regarding the IPO launch, if the regular Friday promotions are anything to go by, the squad players will have shot up in a matter of seconds. Making it virtually impossible for regular investors to buy anything at the IPO price.

@NewUser40115 said in Penny Stocks:

I like the concept. My only concern is the 'IPO' launch (plus new player IPOs). Those that have every tried to buy a promoted player will know it is almost impossible to get them for their launch price and so most likely the good penny buys will instantly rise to multiple times their IPO before traders get a chance to purchase. I'm 99% certain these immediate purchases are being run through automation so preventing a 'fair' trading system. For me, this is a big issue

• Maybe suggest that before the launch - you tender your bids. Eg

-Buy 100 Mignolet with a max price of 12p
    -Buy 100 Marcello with a max price of 50p

And then Football Index processes the tenders in a random order. When your number comes up and the player is within your max price it is processed. I would suggest this for the friday promotions as well but its not worth changing them now.

• @Mike78 I like this idea (or something similar) to prevent speed being the only determining factor. Would be good to hear other ideas and from FI on whether they are looking into sorting this issue.

• @Mike78 Great idea, would stop dramatic price rises and falls, would reward good research also.

• Suggested it via the feedback thing on the link, if you like it maybe send some feedback as well.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.