Neymar's Price.....and another transfer !!!

• Hey Guys

This speculation seems to be bouncing back and forth through the internet and papers but is it really going to happen?

A big money move to PSG was enough to send his price shot up to £8.10 and top the Index (with a little help from Messi's price drop due to hisnew contract signing)....but will we see another big money move by Neymar and will it cause another massive price increase to maybe £9.00?

Let's hear your opinions....

Cheers

AndyP

• Two questions:

Do you own Any neymar?

How much do you expect to make from owning neymar?

If you buy 100 neymar that's over £800. Yes he'll win a lot of media buzz and may rise by another quid but you really aren't going to make a fortune.

I look back and was so tempted to buy neymar when he was just under 600 quid but I didn't and I've made far more spreading the money and buying loads of other players.

I see people talk about making 2% profit a month in buzz wins. What's the point? That's £800 to win £16 back in a month.

• I do think people like to play with fire.... i got out of PEA when the bookies have him Has favourite to go to china yet shares go up 23p has people think hes off to Arsenal or Liverpool too risky for me i took the 25p loss. Zlatan again look what happened there and PC at Barca.... so my answer is ive 3 Neymars and i personaly wont be holding any more however If brave enough to hołd for 3 years could double your money but ive Penny stocks That can do the same!! If another 125,000 join here No reason You cant double your money If You want to take the risk Has You can win or lose!!

• From a buzz perspective Naymar is a good buy providing you buy sensibly. If you compare him to players valued at around £2 on the index then Naymar will likely win more than 4 times the amount of dividends as they will meaning from a value point of view he is better value. The big thing people don't realise is his name which is on word meaning it is far more likely to be featured in media articles than players with longer names.

From a capital appreciation point of view, there is much less potential for him to make you a lot of money. Although he is the kind of player that will rise as the index rises although than means you are betting on the index rising. It depends on what you are looking for in your investment.

From a risk point of view it depends how you do it. I own Naymar but I invest 5% of my budget per player which means I own less Naymar than other players so he is no more risky than other players. A £2 player can easily crash in value.

• @NewUser73132 said in Neymar's Price.....and another transfer !!!:

Two questions:

Do you own Any neymar?

How much do you expect to make from owning neymar?

If you buy 100 neymar that's over £800. Yes he'll win a lot of media buzz and may rise by another quid but you really aren't going to make a fortune.

I look back and was so tempted to buy neymar when he was just under 600 quid but I didn't and I've made far more spreading the money and buying loads of other players.

I see people talk about making 2% profit a month in buzz wins. What's the point? That's £800 to win £16 back in a month.

2% per month profit if consistent would be a fantastic return if it could be relied on. I think its a bit optimistic to rely on that. Any investor in the world would gobble that up. Apply compound interest to that and you make a huge amount of money. By my calculations if you hold someone for 3 years and they make 2% a month in buzz which is then pumped back in (as per compound interest) then you would get your money back just in buzz dividends and then you get the resale value on top of that.

• Things to consider re Neymars price.

Pros
    He's only 25.
    Media love him.
    He's in the Champions league.
    He will be at the world cup.
    I don't seem him staying at PSG forever so speculation re joining Real Madrid at some point.

Cons
    He could get career ending injury - as could anyone else you buy.

A long term hold for me.

• @mike778 I suppose we all have our own ways we think are best to make a bit of extra cash on FI. I understand where you're coming from but it just seems quite long winded and quite high risk for me.

As the previous poster has mentioned one bad injury and the dividends you've won can be wiped out in minutes. At least if you are buying players who've cost less than a quid they can't really fall much lower but there's always potential for a big increase.

• @NewUser73132 yes i do own Neymar but he seems to tie up a lot of money for not a lot of return at the moment....you have more chance of having the same amount of shares in Sanchez/Ozil and getting a better return !!

• @NewUser104703 i agree with your pros/cons but at the moment it seems that it's only worth keeping him for the MB rather than the PB, is that the wrong way to look at it?

• @AndyP32 Surely you meant PB rather than MB? He's returned 45p in PB dividends including being star player twice SINCE the mass IPO increase. His scores are always high due to the number of goals he and PSG are scoring and he gets fouled 5 or 6 times a game.

I only own a few Neymar shares but consider them to be some of the safest I own, barring injury (which could happen to any player) he's going to return money consistently.

However agree with earlier comments that you can make a higher % return trading cheaper players but you need more than a basic understanding of FI, you need to be able to identify who is underpriced either because they're likely to get a PL transfer, had a price drop due to injury or are going to turn out good PB scores and thus increase in value that way. This is something it takes time to develop, I made some howlers when I first started trading and am still learning but that's why I balance my portfolio with players like Neymar and they in turn fund my FI education!

• The MB point is fair - his PB wins came at the start of the IPOs, while he had the most MB wins from the start of IPOs to the end of 2017

• @NewUser9338 star player 16th December on a triple day, that's not near the start of the IPOs, PSG have only played one PB qualifying game since.

• vs. 8 MB wins

• holding for both makes the most sense & wc & him being great of course :)

• Which is the reason for his price.

-Strong with media
    -Strong with performance
    -Young enough to hold for 3 years
    -Unlikely to be vulnerable to a transfer that would hit his value

Pretty much as safe as it gets - you aren't going to make your fortune with him (although if the market grows his price will) but he's a good buy. Sure if he does his knee in, his price will probably halve pretty quickly but the same goes with any other player*.

*I guess the safest buys are those who are valued close to their IPO price as they can't drop in value much but apart from that.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.