Callum Hudson-Odoi - Chelsea's Wonderkid !!

• Hey Guys

I am a Chelsea fan and have been monitoring this kid for a while now.....he has been outstanding for the Chelsea Academy and at the age of 17 he is already making appearances for the 1st team...

His pace and eagerness to making a difference in front of goal makes him comparable to Hasselbaink....oh yeah and by the way i DO NOT own any futures in Hudson-Odoi, not yet anyway.....

Let's hear you opinions on him or other future prospect players aged 17, 18, 19.

• I think kyle walker peters proved on first day Of season his worth with MOTM performancem v newcastle for spurs

Still under 50p i think theres many Good kids out there for KWP bad thing is we have Aurier and Trippier

• I watched Chelsea Academy five years back (when they signed Patrick Bamford) and they came back from 3-0 down to beat Forest 4-3 en route to winning their second of SIX FA Youth Cup wins in Eight years... That and 2 UEFA Youth League titles later you would think these kids would all be world beaters but since John Terry made his debut way back 20 years ago in 1998 I'm struggling to find ANYONE who's come through that horrible club and done ok in a blue shirt????????????

I'm not denying that you can't buy a 50p IPO and make money from them.... But everytime I hear someone go on about 'another' player through Chelsea Academy (and Arsenal's for that matter) I just switch in to hate mode for the destruction of these young British born talented stars that end up playing for 10+ lower league clubs on loan and earning 100k a week before they are bombed out to Middlesbrough and told they are not good enough!!!!!

Anyone aged 17, 18 or 19 at Chelsea Football Club should get the hell out of that place NOW and earn their stripes at a club that needs them, not just that holds them to stop others that can't afford them from having them!!!! That's my opinion on the matter!!!

• just looked at the Chelsea team from that day.... Captain Chalobah played more league games for Forest (12 in 4 months) than anyone else in that side (including himself 10 apps in 7 years) for their parent club!!!! In fact no other Chelsea player has even gone past double figures despite Jamal Blackman, Todd Kane, Lewis Baker & Lucas Piazon still apparently (5 years later) earning money as contracted Chelsea players??????

On the flip side Ben Osborn (who played for Forest that day) has played 148 matches for his club and has kept the same hair cut throughout all that time!!!!!

• @dannypea That's very interesting (and an important note to remember for those of us heavily invested in wunderkinds). I'm holding Rhian Brewster who moved from Chelsea to Liverpool at 14. His father is quoted saying they made the move because "when he was at Chelsea, I didn't see anybody get through right to the top level".

• @dannypea
    Captain who... are yes Chalobah, great pedigree and a WC to come )just needs to get the yellow shirt on to prove fitness)🤓

• Nothing makes hornets day quite like a chalobah name drop he didn't have to instigate. Honestly hornet sometimes I think you're his agent ;)

• @Happy-Hornet said in Callum Hudson-Odoi - Chelsea's Wonderkid !!:

Captain who... are yes Chalobah, great pedigree and a WC to come )just needs to get the yellow shirt on to prove fitness)🤓

I think i have invented the first player chant for FI based on our Watford friends futures... which You prefur Queen or Wonder?

I see a little Watford fan
    Chalobah, Chalobah, will you do the Fandango?
    shoots a bolt of lighning, very, very fright'ning me!!

La la la la la la, la la la la la la
    My Chalo - bah, lovely as a match day
    My Chalo - bah , distant on wembley way
    My chalo - bah , injured little one that happy hornet adores!
    You're the only boy his heart beats for
    How He bought so many futures you are his

Maybe I shouldnt give the day job???? :-D

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.