Muppets buying morata ??!

• Looked at my feed and just seen someone spend over £570 on Alvaro Morata and honestly don’t understand this. He’s poor value currently given his poor performances and can’t see him being talked about too much in media as he’s not got the appeal of a pogba/ Neymar style player. Anyone got some counter arguments as to why he would be a smart buy? Just quite confused currently.

• I haven't got any futures in him, but what I would say is there's a lot more people in the know on footie index than than your average joe, if your gonna wack £500+ on a player who's not playing my guess is he could be on the move to a big club even loaned out, personally it don't seem like a great money maker but he has dropped a lot lately so he's gonna bounce up again soon. Like when zlatan was injured, he came back but his price crashed fast because people in the know was the first to react. Or your just nuts lol.

• Chelsea paid £50m or so for him to be their lead goal scorer and earlier in the season (when he was scoring regularly) he was a constant challenger in the media rankings. If he got back to form and fitness then £2.80 for a young-ish lead striker in a top 4 club capable of winning trophies is extremely cheap so there's a pretty big upside here. There's a few big ifs though so its obviously a gamble.

• Just coming back from injury so that always causes a rise. I think he's a solid player just hasn't been in form for awhile as you say. My line of thought with him is that he can't really get in any worse form so when I bought him at £2.65 I feel that I've bought him close to the lows. His price has been a lot higher, so if he can string a few strong performances together I can see him getting over £3 again.

• @Blue-Python said in Muppets buying morata ??!:

Just coming back from injury so that always causes a rise. I think he's a solid player just hasn't been in form for awhile as you say. My line of thought with him is that he can't really get in any worse form so when I bought him at £2.65 I feel that I've bought him close to the lows. His price has been a lot higher, so if he can string a few strong performances together I can see him getting over £3 again.

The danger with him is that Conte is sacked and the new manager wants a new lead striker and his price collapses. If he gets his form back and starts scoring and becomes Chelsea's lead striker then he will be a £3.50 player again easily. You pays your money and you takes your chances (and hides behind sofa).

• WHEN Conte gets sacked if the new manager doesn't rate him then he'll have to be sold (on too big of a wage packet to sit on the bench). This then makes him a huge transfer story and so he should pop up in price regardless. Granted if the move is to a non English club then he will fall once the transfer is confirmed.

• @NewUser122466

a) He's previously hit £5.79.
    b) He had a good start to the season. His 2018 dip in form and injury belies a solid start with a decent goal return.
    c) He's young.
    d) He's Spanish and heading to the World Cup.
    e) He's Chelsea's first choice striker. Diego Costa was floating around £4 before PB was even a thing.
    f) He picks up reasonable media buzz scores.

Solid long-term choice at >£3. If he picks up a bit of form and hits a few buzz returns he'll shoot up.

• @playingcards1 struck a nerve have I ?

• @NewUser122466 No you asked for counter-arguments. I don't own any!

• A) he's the most infuriating footballer of all time; can't score with his feet, flops around the floor like a fish when any contact is made and is generally just too soft for the premier league

• Yeah I don't own any Morata either but I think people buying now are far from muppets and probably have a better understanding of the index than the OP to be honest. He's at about as low a price as he's been and if he starts banging in the goals now that he's back from injury he's sure to rise, even if he doesn't his poor form will be a story and thereafter he'll still be a likely starter for one of the big teams at the World Cup and will rise in price then, and even if he continues terrible form, gets injured again and misses the World Cup, aside from the media buzz that in itself would bring, he'll soon get moved on and the transfer will generate media dividends. Basically I can't see how you wouldn't have an opportunity to make profit off him at some point in your three-year ownership window. Heck, if I had any spare cash I might buy some myself!

• @playingcards1 fair play

• He is value compared to what he has been.

The end

• It's a bit irritating that on Day 1 you're asking advice on whether Dimitri Oberlin of Basel would be a good first buy.

And on Day 2 you're calling other traders muppets for buying Chelsea's first choice striker as he's coming back from injury / suspension.

It's generally a pretty friendly and supportive forum and this rankles slightly tbh.

• @playingcards1 said in Muppets buying morata ??!:

It's a bit irritating that on Day 1 you're asking advice on whether Dimitri Oberlin of Basel would be a good first buy.

And on Day 2 you're calling other traders muppets for buying Chelsea's first choice striker as he's coming back from injury / suspension.

It's generally a pretty friendly and supportive forum and this rankles slightly tbh.

Well said and well spotted.

• @Guest said in Muppets buying morata ??!:

@playingcards1 struck a nerve have I ?

What an irritating thing to say....

• I bought 20 of him today first thing he’s linked with Real Madrid and at Chelsea for lead striker he’s under £3 with potential to rise. I have much more understanding of FI than a few months back and I think he’s a good buy.. add the fact that chealsea is on a bad run all means his price is hugely deflated especially after bad performance v arsenal and his injury I thought my timeing was good at £2-60ishnt a huge hold but I’ve now 25 which should return over £75 in a £68 investment and maybe a buzz win too

• I wouldn't personally buy Morata (right now) but I wouldn't call someone that does a 'muppet' because in buying shares in him you are buying into the punt that his form radically improves (which it could well do) and hoping his stock will rise in value which in business sense is perfectly reasonable.

Morata has spiked at 5.79 and is at almost the cheapest he's been 2.84 so it does look like with form/buzz he can certainly earn you a level of profit if he's a) back playing b) back scoring or even if whether in or out of form he's speculated over a move elsewhere which always seems to drive up interest and price.

Michy Batshuayi is a great example.... I purchased at 0.94 way back when he was scoring winners against Atletico.... He dropped down a few pence and did sweet FA for three months before out of nowhere getting a move which shot up his price... Think i sold for 1.10 as I felt I waited long enough to get any sort of profit on him and he's now up to 1.63!!!!!! A Chelsea flop who's made a few people tidy profit for doing badly in England....? Maybe Morata can do the same???

• Potentially he could be heading back to madrid

• His early season form was with his head, based on crosses from Azpil. Teams would have seen this & checked the supply. He's been left floundering & short of confidence.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.