George McEachran (£0.78) Chelsea

• I hold McEachran as i’m sure he’ll get gametime this preseason and i think Chelsea will need to rotate heavily in the domestic cups (same reasoning for my Dujon Sterling purchase (£0.57) tbh). Any thoughts on how high his price will go, could maybe see at least a £1 if named in the bench regularly e.g. James Garner and appearences in cups? Not too sure though

• I love these theories to pump the Chelsea youth.

Here's the reality:
    Last season Chelsea won the Europa League (which is 2 more games than would be needed to win the Ch.League) and got to the League Cup Final.
    They have lost 2 players from that squad - Hazard and Higuain. Hazards place in the squad will be taken by Pulisic and Higuaín's by Batshuayi/ Abraham.

So I would love to understand how Reece James, Sterling, Mount, MacEachran, Gallagher are all suddenly getting game time?? Admittedly CHO and RLC will miss the start of the season but I still can't really see many of these youngsters other than Mount and Abraham getting significant game time.

• It does beg the question as to when we will see the crash on Chelsea senior players.

With the 30 or so kids playing regularly next year I assume that anyone aged over 23 will be rotting on the bench, time to get out now methinks.

If people are paying 80p for this kid then I am guessing he must have a real shot of winning dividends. Better to put those thiago and kimmich futures up for sale everyone because mceachran and Thomas Edwards will be cleaning up next year.

• @janner73 Abraham isn't good enough to play for Chelsea, he might get given a chance but guaranteed he won't last there

• @FairlyNewUser 100% agree but he'll get his chances this season because all they have is Giroud, Batshuayi and Abraham. Then everyone will see he isn't good enough and they'll splash the cash next summer.

• @janner73 I would go for the BAT out of those 3 with Giroud in Europe

• Interesting to see who does get the position - Abraham will rocket if it looks like being him.

• This platform is all about risk and reward.

Mceachran for me, is low risk/high reward.

He is an 18 year old attacking centre mid, who was on the bench for the Europa League Final in Baku. He previously played under Jody Morris in Chelsea youth and captained the team. He played alongside CHO and Foden in the England u17 team that won the World Cup.

With Lampard and Morris now back at Chelsea, I can see this kid being given a chance. (Look at Jody Morris tweet in January praising Poch for giving academy kids first team opportunities).

We are speculating on potential. It is exactly the same situation with Greenwood, Brewster and any other 'wonderkid'.

I'd much rather be an early investor, than late to the party.

• @johnboywalker talking good FI sense as usual, these are 3 year holds not 3 weeks 👍🏻

• @johnboywalker What this man said!!

• How does he compare to his brother?

• Annoyingly... I think you are right in that their prices will rise if they play in friendlies and get a league Cup game or wotnot.

All these kids are grossly overpriced given the probability they will turn into a solid dividend generator. All precedence would say the majority of these Chelsea kids won't be legit FI assets down the line. Maybe its a freak generation and the England team will be basically the current Chelsea youth team of today. But odds are against that just a touch.

It's basically a case of buying an asset worth about 10p for 50p on basis someone will buy it off you for 100p. I guess it makes them a good buy in a way as the way the index is going that will probably happen. But there is no substance to their price whatsoever.

• Plot twist ... Morata comes back and cries a river so hard nobody can touch him as the tears make everyone keep slipping over.

• @mike778

I agree with most of what you are saying and I accept that these 'wonderkids' are highly unlikely to win any dividends in the next 3 years.

When I started 12 months ago, I spent ages structuring my portfolio around dividend winners only. Dividends drive the market, etc etc etc. That's what i kept telling myself.

Then I realised that I was missing the easiest way to make money.

It is really important to 'play the game'. There are thousands of users on here that have never won a single dividend, yet have doubled/trebled their original investment, simply from capital appreciation and market growth.

There are so many ways to make money on here. Profit is never wrong!! 👍🤑

• @johnboywalker yes i think you’re right. Just invested in 100 more of George McEachran, will deffo be a long term hold for me.

• @johnboywalker said in George McEachran (£0.78) Chelsea:

@mike778

I agree with most of what you are saying and I accept that these 'wonderkids' are highly unlikely to win any dividends in the next 3 years.

When I started 12 months ago, I spent ages structuring my portfolio around dividend winners only. Dividends drive the market, etc etc etc. That's what i kept telling myself.

Then I realised that I was missing the easiest way to make money.

It is really important to 'play the game'. There are thousands of users on here that have never won a single dividend, yet have doubled/trebled their original investment, simply from capital appreciation and market growth.

There are so many ways to make money on here. Profit is never wrong!! 👍🤑

True. No point in being stubborn. An exit point is important though. Ironically the kids are probably best seen as a short term buy rather than a long term buy. Long term they should regress to a more sensible price.

It's going to be interesting seeing what happens to the various championship players. Surely if they are still meandering around miles away from dividend relevancy their price won't hold so will be interesting to see how long the market gives them and whether their price collapses or just dribbles down.

• @FairlyNewUser ha Josh looked exciting in his very early days. Cautionary tale he is. He had a year at boro so I saw him first hand. Just dont know what went wrong with him cos he really did look good at the very start of his career

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.