The Great Pogba Price Plummet.

• @MickTurbo said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Chris-J aye theres that like lol

Rashford would benefit massively from his exit though in terms of MB and also likely becoming the penalty taker.

• It looks like some went into CHO. That almost cancelled out my pogba losses....not quite though

• Personally, I'm still confident he'll stay. I'd say now is a good time to buy.

He clearly wants the attention and Utd won't sell unless they can replace and it's realistically too late for this window. More likely to be a Hazard style departure, where he leaves next summer or the following.

A couple of reasons to buy

1. Utd don't need to sell and won't want to. With a new season, comes fresh optimism.
    2. His agent is notorious for stirring things up.
    3. Real Madrid need to sell before they buy big again
    4. Can't see him back at Juventus playing to Conte's system
    5. He has massive commercial value to Utd so they will do anything to keep him including blocking any transfer
    6. Finally, even if he does leave, and worse case scenario, his price will fly back up next summer for the Euros so just need to hold long term to avoid a loss.

• @Dalien-Smith he's value now, I think he'll be £6 if the move goes through (look at comment history if you care for longer explanation on that), he's £6.70 now and will likely earn around 70p in dividends before the move is finalised which would offset the losses in his value dropping, you break around even when he settles at £6. If he stays (50/50 with bookies) he'll be £8+ when the la liga window closes (2nd september) and have earned a load of dividends in that time, I'm a professional gambler, if that isn't a value bet I don't know what is.

• @Nally I agree with all that... But for a new buyer I'd wait a little longer. Pogba ain't gona rise in price tonight... Might be another big drop off after midnight. I'd be assessing things tomo lunch time.

Hell I'm already balls deep I might even top up some more tomo!

• @Metropolis said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

Personally, I'm still confident he'll stay. I'd say now is a good time to buy.

He clearly wants the attention and Utd won't sell unless they can replace and it's realistically too late for this window. More likely to be a Hazard style departure, where he leaves next summer or the following.

1. Utd don't need to sell and won't want to. With a new season, comes fresh optimism.
    5. He has massive commercial value to Utd so they will do anything to keep him including blocking any transfer
    6. Finally, even if he does leave, and worse case scenario, his price will fly back up next summer for the Euros so just need to hold long term to avoid a loss.

A bunch of your points here aren't quite solid mate.

• Madrid don't need to sell to buy. BBC did a big breakdown on how much they can spend and it's crazy. They are super rich and nowhere near FFP limits.

• Conte isn't at Juve. Sarri has just moved there... perhaps you meant Sarri.

• United, might have wanted to keep him but if he's going to be disruptive, they don't want that either. New season... already not reporting to training... already making them look like dicks. Fans already turning on him.

• His agent does stir things up but Pogba himself said he wants out

• And sure his price might spike at the Euro's but who knows if it will be anything like good enough to make up for his drop.

Doesn't mean you're wrong about him staying though.

• @Nally said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Dalien-Smith he's value now, I think he'll be £6 if the move goes through (look at comment history if you care for longer explanation on that), he's £6.70 now and will likely earn around 70p in dividends which would offset the losses in his value should the move go through, you break around even when he settles at £6. If he stays (50/50 with bookies) he'll be £8+ when the la liga window closes (2nd september) and have earned a load of dividends in that time, I'm a professional gambler, if that isn't a value bet I don't know what is.

I agree.

• @Metropolis said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

Personally, I'm still confident he'll stay. I'd say now is a good time to buy.

I agree. As I've said before even if he does leave, and at present my position is still that it is not likely, his price in 18-24 months will be higher than it is now. So I shall not be selling in any eventuality.

• @Chris-J if you're talking about Neymar then his price is quite dependent on his club (albeit not to extent of Pogba). Would win far less PB divs at Barca competing with Messi.

• @Hotspur but far more mb due to the nature of the move. And mb pays out 365 days a year.

I don't know why his price is decreasing... A move to Barca should increase his value.

• @Vespasian32 hmm not convinced it would be enough MB to justify his current price once he has moved. Again Messi would steal plenty of that.

• Looks like a lot of money pumped into Longstaff tonight and it's almost cancelled out my losses on Pogba

• @Journey

I'm surprised Bruno hasn't benefited too. Would have thought Pogba going would give United extra incentive to buy him.

• @Chris-J
    Rashford would have to start playing well consistently and not only consistently. He needs to be scoring more goals. He was such disappointing last year.

• United have already came out and rubbished reports that Pogba will not be returning for pre season today. These comments made by his agent come a few hours later. Make of it what you will. He isn’t leaving anytime soon and although pogba maybe talking to Madrid/Juventus. United will not sell easily.

• @DavidMUFC1987 Reported by the Express and Talk Shite, must be true 😂😂😂

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@DavidMUFC1987 Reported by the Express and Talk Shite, must be true 😂😂😂

Are people still denying this? 😨

Good God - defies belief.

Pogba has said he wants to leave on video... in English! his agent has come out & said EVERYONE at Utd are aware of the situation, from the manager to the owner - everyone knows Paul's wishes to move on.

This isn't a paper story.....

Utd have 2 options keep an unhappy player in the dressing room sulking all season or sell him at the best price possible.

• I am currently pontificating as to whether to buy more pogba. This is a tough one

• @TOM201 said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

I am currently pontificating as to whether to buy more pogba. This is a tough one

Fill your boots Tommy old son, fill your boots..... 🙄

• @Ericali I know he wants to leave I was on about the articles written today. people acting as if the transfer is imminent because of what the press have just posted. This will continue for another 6 - 8 weeks

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.