The Great Pogba Price Plummet.

• @Dan-The-Man you’re clearly not a football fan if you think the current midfielders at Utd are anywhere near good enough, they’re below par, wake up. Utd’s midfield isn’t good enough.l, and this is coming from a Utd fan. There’s no way Utd are signing Kroos or Isco, come on man, if you’re gonna make suggestions at least make sensible ones

• Plus if he does leave i can be smug about all the times ive defended Messi’s price by saying he’ll hold his value longer than Pogba regardless of age 😊

• Pogba is leaving. That much is certain. The best fit I would of thought would be PSG. If they can shift Neymar it would clear a place on the roster for another superstar. Theyve been chasing an iconic French international in Griezmann but it looks as if he could be Barcelona bound. Pogba would be just what they are after. Neymar has always held his price 'slumming ' it in Paris. In investment terms hed be likely to return some good PB in Ligue 1. Hed be the big fish there. Real Madid and Juventus wouldnt be such a good move having to share the limelight with some massive players.

One things for sure. Pogba has MB sewn up for whats left of July and beyond. Its going to run and run this story.

• Another newbie here getting to know the market a bit...

Based on Pogba price drop because he's rumoured to leave United for another European league - do I take it that Premier League players tend to do better with MB & PB? Is he less valuable at say Juventus or Barcelona than he is at United?

• @NewUser147592 said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

Another newbie here getting to know the market a bit...

Based on Pogba price drop because he's rumoured to leave United for another European league - do I take it that Premier League players tend to do better with MB & PB? Is he less valuable at say Juventus or Barcelona than he is at United?

100% the MB is all UK media currently. Anyone linked to Utd in particular tends to rocket as a result. The PB is not related to league, more the manager and style of play. When Sarri went to Juventus their squad rocketed as his passing style suits the PB matrix.

• There does seem to be a big Manchester United bias with UK media sources which is understandable given they have the biggest fan base not only nationally but globally. Id say a fair percentage of readership is probably Man Utd friendly. Whoever becomes the main man at Manchester United stands to gain significantly in share price in my opinion.

• @Chris-J said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@MickTurbo said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Chris-J aye theres that like lol

Rashford would benefit massively from his exit though in terms of MB and also likely becoming the penalty taker.

Why don’t I ever take my own advice?

Was 2p up when I posted this - now 19p

• @Andy swear we have both said about 20 times in the past week that he won't be sold at such late notice. I don't really care what that money grabbing Riola has to say, I still firmly believe Pogba will stay for another year. Also finding all these 'swap deals' that apparently Real Madrid will offer with Kroos, Bale, Isco etc absolutely hilarious

• As a United despiser, a big part of me hopes pogba will stay. A sulking star player who couldn't be arsed half the time last season is going to be the last thing OGS needs if he is going to get the side moving.

You've got to assume United stance is just about getting more money now though. Surely they can't want him around the place.

From an index perspective though I don't own so hope it goes through as would be very interesting to see what happens media wise. It should free up potential wins if he does go. We may see a period where the media is spread about far more especially with it opening up.

• @NewUser147592 said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

Another newbie here getting to know the market a bit...

Man United is the golden ticket media wise. They get by far the most column inches in UK media and also get a media bonus by having United which adds points.

With Pogba. He will get some media (and will short term get a load of stuff like United buy x with the Paul pogba money) but long term you would expect a significant downturn if he did leave.

He generated incredible yields last year and it was only the risk of him leaving United that kept his price relatively in control.

• @NewUser275112 honestly it’s getting slightly tiring at this point. Some people are saying things without using any logic at all regarding any deals involving him. I mean come on, swap deal that will take Isco or kroos the other way? That’s just delusional

• @Metropolis said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

Personally, I'm still confident he'll stay. I'd say now is a good time to buy.

He clearly wants the attention and Utd won't sell unless they can replace and it's realistically too late for this window. More likely to be a Hazard style departure, where he leaves next summer or the following.

A couple of reasons to buy

1. Utd don't need to sell and won't want to. With a new season, comes fresh optimism.
    2. His agent is notorious for stirring things up.
    3. Real Madrid need to sell before they buy big again
    4. Can't see him back at Juventus playing to Conte's system
    5. He has massive commercial value to Utd so they will do anything to keep him including blocking any transfer
    6. Finally, even if he does leave, and worse case scenario, his price will fly back up next summer for the Euros so just need to hold long term to avoid a loss.

I pretty much said all this to a mate today

• @Andy said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Dan-The-Man you’re clearly not a football fan if you think the current midfielders at Utd are anywhere near good enough, they’re below par, wake up. Utd’s midfield isn’t good enough.

Good enough for what?

Man Utd aren't trying to win anything.

Your club are in the same league as the:

• Premier League Champions (who also won both domestic cups)
    • Champions League Winners
    • Europa League Winners
    • Champions League Runner Up
    • Europa League Runner Up

They all finished above United in the league... And who do Man Utd sign to try and catch these teams up?

Neymar? Mbappe? Griezmann? Pepe? Ziyech? De Ligt? Werner? Havertz? Kimmich? Lewandowski? Sancho? Koulibaly? De Jong? Jovic? Mendy? Marquinhos?

Nah... Leeds United target: Dan James... and maybe Sean Longstaff.

But yeah... Matic, Lingard, Fred and Mata aren't good enough?

Man Utd's main competition this year comes from Wolves and Leicester.

• @Dan-The-Man said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Andy said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Dan-The-Man you’re clearly not a football fan if you think the current midfielders at Utd are anywhere near good enough, they’re below par, wake up. Utd’s midfield isn’t good enough.

Good enough for what?

Man Utd aren't trying to win anything.

Your club are in the same league as the:

• Premier League Champions (who also won both domestic cups)
    • Champions League Winners
    • Europa League Winners
    • Champions League Runner Up
    • Europa League Runner Up

They all finished above United in the league... And who do Man Utd sign to try and catch these teams up?

Neymar? Mbappe? Griezmann? Pepe? Ziyech? De Ligt? Werner? Havertz? Kimmich? Lewandowski? Sancho? Koulibaly? De Jong? Jovic? Mendy? Marquinhos?

Nah... Leeds United target: Dan James... and maybe Sean Longstaff.

But yeah... Matic, Lingard, Fred and Mata aren't good enough?

Man Utd's main competition this year comes from Wolves and Leicester.

This is massively important! Utd are right on the edge of losing their position in the hierarchy.
    They can’t attract players, the big asset they have is pogba, not because of his playing ability, because of who he is. If he goes it’ll collapse, they’ll never get anyone in, the agents will walk over them. it’s a house of cards waiting for a breeze.

Pogba is a battle they can’t afford to lose.

• @Ringers said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Dan-The-Man said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Andy said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

@Dan-The-Man
    Pogba is a battle they can’t afford to lose.

Exactly. Which is why I'm convinced they won't sell.

• @Metropolis me too.
    This has Xmas window all over it. Arm around pog, we’ll give you what you want, shine for 3 months for us, we’ll save face, line up someone else, and see you ok financially.
    Everyone is happy.
    There’s just a load of posturing going on at the mo.
    I’ll repeat what I have said previously, if it was actually on going now. He’d winning media by 1000s everyday

• @Dan-The-Man did you actually watch last season? Man united finished 4 points behind arsenal after they had their worst ever start to a season and arsenal had their best ever run in like 10 years...United’s team currently hasn’t lost anyone but have improved their defence, arsenal have signed nobody to improve their team...but yet we’re gonna be competing with teams that finished 9 and 12 points behind us last season? That is utter nonsense!! @Andy you’ll enjoy reading this

• Pogba will not be going anywhere this window. Just hold, enjoy the divs and top up

• @Sam-L said in The Great Pogba Price Plummet.:

Pogba will not be going anywhere this window. Just hold, enjoy the divs and top up

Anyone know the way to the poorhouse? 🤔

I tried to get in touch with AWB & Felix holders but apparently they already checked in.

• I've topped up another 50 to make it 300, at an average buy in price for £7.13. Still believe that he will leave next summer.

I am a patient long hold trader. Worst case he leaves and drops maybe £2.50 per share. In 3 years I will have over a 1,000 MB opportunities and maybe 180 PB opportunities, Euro 2020 and World Cup qualifiers, at least one bust up with somebody and possibly another transfer saga. So worst case maybe £750 down minus a load of dividends, which is a big chunk of my recent bonuses but they will cover it.

Best case he stays, I have all of the above at a higher CA and extra MB potential.

I have a 65 player portfolio, 63 are safe holds and Pogba and Bale are risky holds. This is still a gambling platform and I like my odds with Pogba.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.