Alex Iwobi

• I'm looking at sub 80p players and just wondering what opinions there are on Iwobi? I'm looking at him wondering if I've missed the point somewhat!?

I know he doesn't start every week in the PL but he's probably going to start in the UEL this week and has been in and out of the team so chance for dividend returns and with Arsenal (almost) certain to progress.
    He's been in the media recently (albeit not all good!) and seems to feature a lot on social media (including being in that new Nike ad).
    He's still young, has loads of potential and will be the poster boy for Nigeria at the WC.
    Burst onto the scene a couple of years ago, has dipped, but with no Walcott, Sanchez, may have more chances to impress.

At £0.75, surely he has loads of expansion potential and if he starts more games ahead of the WC, there's always the outside chance of PB which at his current price is lovely ROI?!

Or alternatively, tell me my thoughts are crazy and misplaced!!!

• I have a very strong opinion on Iwobi...... I don't get him??? I don't get what he does???? I don't get what he offers???? I don't feel he's any use as a top tier footballer whatsover????

So I wouldn't invest......

But..... He must have something because Arsenal keeps picking him (even after nights out) and he's actually got a decent scoring record for Nigeria.... When I watch him he gets the ball at his feet, looks very neat and either gives it five yards or gives it away... He has a bit of pace, he can't really beat players, he doesn't look convincing in front of goal... He typifies a modern day footballer of probably getting paid a lot playing for a top club in England without being that good.

But at 0.75 one comes off his shin against Watford and he bundles one at Leicester before getting sent off at Stoke and suddenly you've made profit..... So why not invest???

• @dannypea said in Alex Iwobi:

I have a very strong opinion on Iwobi...... I don't get him??? I don't get what he does???? I don't get what he offers???? I don't feel he's any use as a top tier footballer whatsover????

So I wouldn't invest......

But..... He must have something because Arsenal keeps picking him (even after nights out) and he's actually got a decent scoring record for Nigeria.... When I watch him he gets the ball at his feet, looks very neat and either gives it five yards or gives it away... He has a bit of pace, he can't really beat players, he doesn't look convincing in front of goal... He typifies a modern day footballer of probably getting paid a lot playing for a top club in England without being that good.

But at 0.75 one comes off his shin against Watford and he bundles one at Leicester before getting sent off at Stoke and suddenly you've made profit..... So why not invest???

It’s abit like investing in Sissoko everyone knows he’s shit at club level did ok for his country in the euros and he’s worth 70 to 80p on FI

• In fact he's that bad... Eddie Nketiah (whoever he is) is already worth more!!!!!

• I like Sissoko though.... I think someone said the other night that he always did well for Newcastle in the 'big games'... he just couldn't be bothered to perform when he was away at Burnley or Stoke.... So on that basis at least he has something to offer and he's a capable footballer, he's just bone idle? In fact he played really well v Real Madrid at the Bernabeu if i remember rightly??

Maybe worth a 70p punt for tonight??? ;-)

• @dannypea said in Alex Iwobi:

I like Sissoko though.... I think someone said the other night that he always did well for Newcastle in the 'big games'... he just couldn't be bothered to perform when he was away at Burnley or Stoke.... So on that basis at least he has something to offer and he's a capable footballer, he's just bone idle? In fact he played really well v Real Madrid at the Bernabeu if i remember rightly??

Maybe worth a 70p punt for tonight??? ;-)
    FI IPO Sissoko around the time the catchy Bale/Sissoko chant emerged at Madrid. I do think he does most the time look like a toddler chasing a beach ball in the wind.. I bought some of him and without a doubt was my worth investment on FI what makes it worse is he’s the guy who seems to take Lamelas place and I like Lamela his shooting and challenges can be suspect but always gives 200% and gets assists and only playmaker that comes near eriksen

• Good to get your opinions!

Personally, whilst I don’t think he’s a world beater by any stretch, I think 75p is undervalued compared to similar players.

He’s never going to be a £2+ player but definitely could get £1+ in the summer.

Always the chance he could get a move too I suppose?

This is what makes FI interesting though, otherwise we’d all have exactly the same portfolios!!

• @AlexS123 said in Alex Iwobi:

Good to get your opinions!

Personally, whilst I don’t think he’s a world beater by any stretch, I think 75p is undervalued compared to similar players.

He’s never going to be a £2+ player but definitely could get £1+ in the summer.

Always the chance he could get a move too I suppose?

This is what makes FI interesting though, otherwise we’d all have exactly the same portfolios!!
    Has a spurs fan in so not big on Dier but he’s grown a few pence tonight with players like Iwobi there penny shares so for a playing in his position your only going to lose if you sell fast with the spread

• @AlexS123 I'd avoid him and go for xhaka if you want cheap arsenal players. Got a couple of arsenal friends and they can't hate him enough plus his stats have been very poor on here. Each to their own but I see much better value elsewhere

• @AlexS123 iwobi will reach 1.30 max and its hard to see how he gets there. Not a promising player in my eyes.

• Of the Arsenal players under £1 i reckon Hector Bellerin offers real value... 0.94 he's genuinely the best 'youngster' they have at 22 and is probably more of a goal threat than Iwobi considering he's a defender? I also think he's good enough to attract the best clubs ie Real Madrid & Barca one day so maybe that could spike his stock value too?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.