What are your targets on here?

• @RichieE said in What are your targets on here?:

I actually joined 3 years ago, put £50 in and completely forgot about it for 6 months, got an email to remind me so just withdrew it all (made about £4 or £5). Then saw a load of adverts at the start of this year and had another look and gave it a proper go! Wish I'd stayed on from the first time 🙈 wasn't married then either 🤣
    Now I've got upto 3k deposited and sitting on 3.8k portfolio - just using it as a sort of high interest savings account / pension to go towards a few holidays 🤞

3 years ago?

That's like finding out you had a winning lottery ticket but putting it in the wash. 😱

• @Ericali yup 🙄 seeing what some of the big boys were worth even just a year before the share split made me feel sick! If I hadn't got an email that reminded me, I wouldn't have taken my money back out and might just have been within the 3 years and could have been sitting on a goldmine 🤣 could have been worse though, I could have left it in, made a load and just been over the 3 years and all my shares went void!

• Longish term (5 years or so) I'd like to start my own business. My fixed mortgage ends in just over 2 and will have around £135,000 outstanding on it by then, if I can have enough to pay that off it would give me a good foundation to go out on my own. Whether I would or not is a different question, realistically if FI is still going strong then there's more money to be had here than I'd save on mortgage payments so I'd keep going but I would have the security.

Ideally I'd like to not be working too much by the time I'm mid 50's and rely on a passive income from people who work for me so I can enjoy a long retirement/travel/help my daughter out with buying a house etc.

• So @Ericali after 101 replies

In summary :

1x Future millionaire 💰💰💰

Lots of ‘pipe dreams’

A bike

A course of driving lessons

Kinda what ya expected I’m sure 😂

• Too have one million profit on my 3rd year FI aniversary, ambitious but why not aim high? :D

• @Sacred how close are you? Last I saw, your port was around £130,000 that was before the pre bonus boom tho! You must be raking it in now and with all the divs from media madness (I imagine you have a few neymar and pogba in such a big port)

• I only started in Jan this year with £50- picked 5 players and left if for a month and got a 10% return with 2 of those players in the red.

This spiked my interest after being initially sceptical, and have thrown money at it since mid March which was really when I started properly.

Since then I'm about 40% ROI which is amazing as I have drip fed the money in as I grew in confidence.

So in short £4.5K up so far and have still made a decent profit in the last week which reassures me about my port as the footsie has declined slightly.

I'm as my tag name suggests, in it for the long haul have 70+ players and have rarely sold except early on when I made a few mistakes.

My port is heavy on youth and potential so when the new season starts I may have to sell a few that are not producing.

Forgot to mention, I would love to be in a position to pay off the mortgage in a couple of years which at current progress is possible........

fingers crossed

• @Vespasian32 Just shy of the 200k mark at the moment mate.

• @Sacred amazing, good luck! Reckon it's within your reach

• @Vespasian32 Thanks! I post updates sporadically on twitter if anyone wants to follow @SacredUK.

• A bit late on this thread (and apologies for length) but thought I'd throw my story in as I too dream like @ericali as I've posted previously on the forum.

I started in Feb 2016 and like most of you, £200 initial deposit then £300, then £500 etc as I gained more confidence. Always been a huge fan of gambling, Poker, Betfair trading, Football Manager, Fantasy Football, stocks and shares (but didn't know how to do it). Basically discovered FI and thought it combines most the things I love in life and never looked back.

I have recorded every days balance and divs since the start of 2018 and also predict my future path based on that.

Current Portfolio: £165,000
    Net deposits: £61,000
    Historically
    Average monthly portfolio growth excluding deposits (last 18 months): 6.86%
    Average dividends: 11% a year. Admittedly constantly reducing due to capital growth (not complaining, now closer to 6%)

Going Forward
    Target monthly capital growth: 5%
    Target annual divs: 7%

If FI continues at similar rates I will be able to earn £2,000 a month dividends by March 2021 (more than enough for me to live on) and the portfolio would be £1 Million by November 2022. I don't see why FI can't continue going from strength to strength. There are more and more new members, people creating content, podcasts, magazines, blogs etc. Potential expansion abroad, general improvement of the product, future dividend rises and share splits. Who knows?

I am 33 now and my dream would be to travel around watching football in stadiums across the world and write about it (see post signature) I'd love to be able to answer the question 'What do you do?' with 'Full Time Football Index Trader'. Probably easier to explain to foreigners than Quantity Surveyor.

Above all, this has increased my knowledge and love of football more than ever and been lucky enough to drag a few friends along on the journey. I love the community feel of FI but just wish there were more meet ups for real life beer and FI discussions.

Feel free to check out my blog below. Latest adventure being the Copa America in Brazil where i was lucky enough to watch 7 games.

Good luck on your journey and hopefully we are all still considered early adopters. Let's dream big, anything is possible (including FI going bust but let's not think about that :-P)

• Been on here since Jan. Started with a nervous £200...only took a week for me to get hooked, so quickly went up to depositing about 2k in Jan. Then once I got to grips with dividends etc starting moving all savings in from isas and bonds.

Now 19k in, port 24k and have withdrawn 800£ divs to pay for the church part of my wedding. Reinvested rest of divs.

Dream in Jan was to upgrade my car, got me a hankering for a jag xf (I'm 36)... but that is still just a car to get me to work to pay the bills... must dare to dream a little bigger, so going to see how my first whole season goes (now that I've learnt loads and become trading wiser by some school boy errors) as to staying in long term and putting a lump in every month, and can hopefully aim long term to start targeting paying the mortgage (250k) off!

• @Martino said in What are your targets on here?:

A bit late on this thread (and apologies for length) but thought I'd throw my story in as I too dream like @ericali as I've posted previously on the forum.

I started in Feb 2016 and like most of you, £200 initial deposit then £300, then £500 etc as I gained more confidence. Always been a huge fan of gambling, Poker, Betfair trading, Football Manager, Fantasy Football, stocks and shares (but didn't know how to do it). Basically discovered FI and thought it combines most the things I love in life and never looked back.

I have recorded every days balance and divs since the start of 2018 and also predict my future path based on that.

Current Portfolio: £165,000
    Net deposits: £61,000
    Historically
    Average monthly portfolio growth excluding deposits (last 18 months): 6.86%
    Average dividends: 11% a year. Admittedly constantly reducing due to capital growth (not complaining, now closer to 6%)

Going Forward
    Target monthly capital growth: 5%
    Target annual divs: 7%

If FI continues at similar rates I will be able to earn £2,000 a month dividends by March 2021 (more than enough for me to live on) and the portfolio would be £1 Million by November 2022. I don't see why FI can't continue going from strength to strength. There are more and more new members, people creating content, podcasts, magazines, blogs etc. Potential expansion abroad, general improvement of the product, future dividend rises and share splits. Who knows?

I am 33 now and my dream would be to travel around watching football in stadiums across the world and write about it (see post signature) I'd love to be able to answer the question 'What do you do?' with 'Full Time Football Index Trader'. Probably easier to explain to foreigners than Quantity Surveyor.

Above all, this has increased my knowledge and love of football more than ever and been lucky enough to drag a few friends along on the journey. I love the community feel of FI but just wish there were more meet ups for real life beer and FI discussions.

Feel free to check out my blog below. Latest adventure being the Copa America in Brazil where i was lucky enough to watch 7 games.

Good luck on your journey and hopefully we are all still considered early adopters. Let's dream big, anything is possible (including FI going bust but let's not think about that :-P)

Sounds incredible, good luck!

I would also love to travel round the world watching football, but I think I'm a bit further away from it than you are, but still, good to dream.

It's also really refreshing to hear people that have been on a while think FI has still got so much more growth to go - I'd agree - the remote gambling market is a big one, it also crosses over with stocks/shares and has the ability to go into Europe too.

This time next year Rodney...

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.