What are your targets on here?

• So my story :)

Joined Jan 2018 and deposited £750....played about for a few weeks when only MB was available. Got bored and started looking elsewhere to invest...but decided to leave the money in FI since I had purchased young players..

Then October 2018 I overheard a FI advert and remembered I had an account. Lo and behold my £750 was £1,250.
    Then after spending a few weeks researching, started shifting money from shares/crypto into FI, so by
    1st January 2019
    Portfolio: £27,500 Deposit: £21,500
    Now
    Portfolio: £45,200 Deposit: £24,200

I still see a couple more years of easy growth as the platform becomes mainstream

• @Ericali I love ur ambition BUT we’re talking (‘portfolio value’ +11k) correct ❓❓
    It’s not profit until it’s ‘banked’
    Even though you’re sitting pretty on some v good ‘holds’ I imagine
    I’m still rooting for ur plan though 👏

• Initial investment £4000 over 3 years I'll be happy with £20,000

• @Friedeggs said in What are your targets on here?:

@Ericali I love ur ambition BUT we’re talking (‘portfolio value’ +11k) correct ❓❓
    It’s not profit until it’s ‘banked’
    Even though you’re sitting pretty on some v good ‘holds’ I imagine
    I’m still rooting for ur plan though 👏

I'm in and out of players like a thief in the night 🌃

I just love paying commission. My strategy has changed from when I first joined - I've adapted, like a chameleon! 😁

Anytime I see an opportunity I take it. My longest holds are the players I'm in negative value with - i wait for the tide to rise & move on. 💰

Always try & keep a cash balance.

• I'm always listening to Talk Sport and throughout the last few months of 2018 I kept hearing John Motson talking about the FI.
    But I only thought at the time I'd like to give it a try and in hindsight towards the end of 2018 was the optimum time to start trading.

I finally bit the bullet early Feb 19 with an initial £200 followed by £500 a couple of weeks later and luckily for me my wife accepted this (yes I am lucky😉) .

At the moment my transaction history is telling me I have deposited £855 and withdrawn £345.
    At this moment my portfolio balance plus cash is £2536 (not worked out percentages) so I'm doing pretty well even accounting for being a hesitant buyer at times and selling at the wrong time but I am learning all the time.

My plan🤔 well I'm 58 and I'd love to retire a couple of years before my retirement age so if I can earn enough to do that and have some quality time then that is priceless to me.
    I love the index and enjoy reading and sharing views with so many likeminded people.
    There's just that why didn't I do this earlier lol but hey ho i'm here now and doing ok😀

• @Gazz127 said in What are your targets on here?:

I'm always listening to Talk Sport and throughout the last few months of 2018 I kept hearing John Motson talking about the FI.
    But I only thought at the time I'd like to give it a try and in hindsight towards the end of 2018 was the optimum time to start trading.

I finally bit the bullet early Feb 19 with an initial £200 followed by £500 a couple of weeks later and luckily for me my wife accepted this (yes I am lucky😉) .

At the moment my transaction history is telling me I have deposited £855 and withdrawn £345.
    At this moment my portfolio balance plus cash is £2536 (not worked out percentages) so I'm doing pretty well even accounting for being a hesitant buyer at times and selling at the wrong time but I am learning all the time.

My plan🤔 well I'm 58 and I'd love to retire a couple of years before my retirement age so if I can earn enough to do that and have some quality time then that is priceless to me.
    I love the index and enjoy reading and sharing views with so many likeminded people.
    There's just that why didn't I do this earlier lol but hey ho i'm here now and doing ok😀

500% since February..... 😱

You need to send me a few tips - I'll lend you my guru cap

• @Ericali I might have something wrong there lmao

• @Advinculas-Index said in What are your targets on here?:

Phase 3 - Tell the missus about FI

My girlfriend knows I have invested/gambled on here. I give here a once a month update.

This week it was "I can cashout my FI portfolio today and be £2,300 up, the same money in my ISA would be £36 up".

Conveniently forgot to mention my deposits for the month!

• I started 10/2/19 with £50, by April I'd deposited about £1200, and my total deposits now are £3300 with no withdrawals. Port value currently £4850. I will continue to deposit as much as I can justify each month until at least new year or maybe the end of the coming season, or just until I hold all the players I want in the numbers I want. Whatever money that takes, it takes. But once I'm there i will not deposit anymore, although I will no doubt get drawn into a deposit bonus if that happens.

I will then just reinvest dividends upto a point where I've got enough money in here whereby I would hang myself if it all went pop over night and at that point I will have to think very carefully about what direction I want to go in

• @MickTurbo said in What are your targets on here?:

I will then just reinvest dividends upto a point where I've got enough money in here whereby I would hang myself if it all went pop over night and at that point I will have to think very carefully about what direction I want to go in

Once your hanging surely the only way is down? 😉

• @Gazz127 Maybe need to reset transaction dates to February?

• @Wiillaah
    Looking to do something similar...where Porfolio is 4 to 5 times my deposit -> then de-risk and play with house money

• @Ericali

When I first looked at this platform a year ago, I immediately believed in both the long and short term potential of the index.

I tried to sell it to my mates. I failed with most. The few that did take the plunge have made thousands from the platform.

About a month ago, I reached my target of doubling my initial investment. I then toyed with the idea of walking away. Nothing lasts forever, and my intention was never for this to be a long term gamble.

I have since re-evaluated my situation and decided that the platform has outperformed my expectations and continues to do so.

I therefore removed my initial investment and now play with profit only. I have no fear of losing and enjoy both the index and forum immensely.

My expectations for the future are not grandiose, but if the index can pay for the family holiday each year, I'll be a very happy man.

• @johnboywalker as you IQ seems rather reasonable 😉 - I have no doubt you will achieve your modest target & probably more. 👍

• Me and the mrs have been trying to save for a house for about 2 years. We have managed to save around 3k both together last year. I then remembered FI to try at first to try to get some extra cash...

Then came the realisation that i could use this as a " savings account" ...

I am shit at saving as i feel it takes too long, but with FI i get enjoyment out of saving i have never had this much cash in a short space of time and its all coming from regular income that i would of spunked on the PS4 or nights out.

FI has helped me save as im more motorvated to do so. I keep depositing when i have a spare £40 from not buying a take away or £300 for not going to a festival. My balance jeeps increasing regardless of ROI.

Current ROI = 34% since Jan
    But even if i dropped 30% in a year, i would still be 4% up.. and hopefully have enough £ to buy us a home.

• @Martyn-B just speaking figuratively 😉

I agree with @Mundek , your investment is the same ball park as mine and I also believe that with continued investment and making the right decisions I could quite possibly raise my port to a level where it's an amount of money I would never have been likely to see otherwise without FI.

then I remind myself that if something looks too good to be true it almost certainly is. But at the same time, every man who has ever got rich beyond his dreams must of thought the same thing at some point but pressed on regardless

• @MickTurbo said in What are your targets on here?:
    "every man who has ever got rich"

Or woman! Please dont ban me 😂😂

• @Hold-The-Door

This is what separates us from the bookies, and what i love most about the index.

If I lose money on a poor decision here, it goes to a decent hardworking guy like yourself.

On the football index, our losses do not disappear into a corporate machine like Ladbrokes and Bet365, who let's face it, only ever give us the illusion of a 'fair bet'.

This is most risk free, enjoyable and rewarding gambling I have done in my life.

• The big dream you ask, Mason Greenwood fufills his potential to become king of the index and I become a wealthy man. I can then forever
    gloat that I predicted it from his IPO day and rub it in the face of all the people who've whinged about his price 😏 (although most will have jumped on by then).

Honesty I'd just be happy if the index keeps steadily growing and doesn't somehow go tits up, I'm not thinking too much about target numbers.

• @Nally I'll make a million before Eric if Pogba and neymar turn it around and Brewster and greenwood make it ☺

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.