What are your targets on here?

• Me and the mrs have been trying to save for a house for about 2 years. We have managed to save around 3k both together last year. I then remembered FI to try at first to try to get some extra cash...

Then came the realisation that i could use this as a " savings account" ...

I am shit at saving as i feel it takes too long, but with FI i get enjoyment out of saving i have never had this much cash in a short space of time and its all coming from regular income that i would of spunked on the PS4 or nights out.

FI has helped me save as im more motorvated to do so. I keep depositing when i have a spare £40 from not buying a take away or £300 for not going to a festival. My balance jeeps increasing regardless of ROI.

Current ROI = 34% since Jan
    But even if i dropped 30% in a year, i would still be 4% up.. and hopefully have enough £ to buy us a home.

• @Martyn-B just speaking figuratively 😉

I agree with @Mundek , your investment is the same ball park as mine and I also believe that with continued investment and making the right decisions I could quite possibly raise my port to a level where it's an amount of money I would never have been likely to see otherwise without FI.

then I remind myself that if something looks too good to be true it almost certainly is. But at the same time, every man who has ever got rich beyond his dreams must of thought the same thing at some point but pressed on regardless

• @MickTurbo said in What are your targets on here?:
    "every man who has ever got rich"

Or woman! Please dont ban me 😂😂

• @Hold-The-Door

This is what separates us from the bookies, and what i love most about the index.

If I lose money on a poor decision here, it goes to a decent hardworking guy like yourself.

On the football index, our losses do not disappear into a corporate machine like Ladbrokes and Bet365, who let's face it, only ever give us the illusion of a 'fair bet'.

This is most risk free, enjoyable and rewarding gambling I have done in my life.

• The big dream you ask, Mason Greenwood fufills his potential to become king of the index and I become a wealthy man. I can then forever
    gloat that I predicted it from his IPO day and rub it in the face of all the people who've whinged about his price 😏 (although most will have jumped on by then).

Honesty I'd just be happy if the index keeps steadily growing and doesn't somehow go tits up, I'm not thinking too much about target numbers.

• @Nally I'll make a million before Eric if Pogba and neymar turn it around and Brewster and greenwood make it ☺

• I'd like to be able to buy a rolex with my divs :)

No in reality I've dripfed investment in and now have invested as much as I think is sensible and will be investing no more.
    I'd like to make enough money to be beating bar job salary so that I have enough free time to work on making my real career take off.

Would like to have doubled up again by christmas.

My only real gripe with index atm is that the markets small enough for people to very easily affect price and that hampers the way I want to trade.

• @Nally said in What are your targets on here?:

The big dream you ask, Mason Greenwood fufills his potential to become king of the index and I become a wealthy man. I can then forever
    gloat that I predicted it from his IPO day and rub it in the face of all the people who've whinged about his price 😏 (although most will have jumped on by then).

Honesty I'd just be happy if the index keeps steadily growing and doesn't somehow go tits up, I'm not thinking too much about target numbers.

From what I know you're a wealthy man already! 😉

• Stupid hat fully on..
    People taking out profits = I don't understand
    1.Taking out Dividends
    2.selling futures to release the gains??

But dosent that leave people with less futures to make money.

1. Do people sell out everything then re-invest ?

Sorry in advance if I'm missing the obvious 🤔

• My target when I joined in Feb was to not lose everything I put in so I spent the first month playing around with £100. Once I figured a few things out, I upped that to £2000 net deposits with the aim of trying to double it in a year and now sit at 42% up. I'm very happy as I seem to be on target for slightly more than that!

My dream would be to withdraw a decent amount of profit next year to pay for a holiday.

• @Doug-s said in What are your targets on here?:

Stupid hat fully on..
    1.Taking out Dividends

I'll have a go...

1. I personally don't - I reinvest them. I don't take out a penny.

2. There are no profits unless you take them.

3. Difficult question 🤔 different people do different things. I personally sell then reinvest... But this won't always be the case. I eventually plan to take the cash once I hit certain milestones.

• driving lessons

• @MrWh1te said in What are your targets on here?:

driving lessons

Probably deserves another thread, but...

Personal opinion? 🤔

I bleedin' hated them!

• @Doug-s you've hit it on the head. I started with £500...tested market, liked it... Upped my investment to £5k with hope of getting to 10k... At which point I was gona take 5k out... Leaving me with just profit.

I did that easily around the split, took out all my initial investment and some profit leaving 5k... But then we had quite a sustained flat period... Followed by the recent bonus... For the bonus I invested for the 1st 10% with a view to get my pre split profit back... I did this and withdrew all my reinvestment during the 5%...then they threw in another 10% bonus! So I've put a lot more deposits back in. Post bonus withdrew a few grand.

But now I'm trying to leave as much in as possible cos I've gained a lot more faith in the market... And I've started building up enough savings through work that I can pretty much hide my investment from the missus ☺

• @Ericali Me too. Crashed on my test when 18. Am 40 now.

But it will have massive life enhancements now, especially as we have moved to a very hilly area.

I cant afford lesson properly, I dont have the time and couldnt afford a car. So im using my own money to pay off the credit ive used to put on here, so that next august I can have a 2 week intensive course and afford a car.

If it doesn't work, im not really any worse off. but im hopeful

• The other day I bought a pair of shoes for £50 and that was using a weeks worth of Wan Bissaka and Neymar dividends.

Not much money, but having something physical to show for some savvy trading has been quite a rewarding feeling...can't really explain it.

• @Martyn-B Doh cheers mate lol

Just worked out just over 40% gain in 5 months so can't complain.

• @Ericali
    difficult to say so il talk dividends. I made close to £1000 in my first year, I invested for the long term. If Bernardo, Lozano, Milinkovic Savic and Martinez as well as a few others make the grade in 2-3 years then that could be x4
    If they increase dividends 1.28x every 6months then in 2-3 years thats an increase of 3-4x.

Then we move to south america or asia where the money goes 3x as far.

Its all a beautiful dream but whatever happens I just love football and this makes me feel more involved in that world which only seems to bless around 200 people

• @Doug-s said in What are your targets on here?:

Stupid hat fully on..
    1.Taking out Dividends

Nah, it isn't a silly question mate.

I have always reinvested my dividends. I am usually quite active in the market, taking advantage of trends and opportunities.

I have also taken advantage of previous deposit bonuses.

While the market was performing well, I started to sell a large amount of my futures that were in profit (and that I believed had peaked). I then removed this money from my balance, back into my personal bank account.

Yes I now have less futures and less of a balance to make money from, but importantly, I have reduced the risk factor.

I gamble now with minimal risk. No hassle, no worries, no stress.

I accept it's not for everyone, but it definitely keeps the missus off my back 🤣 She thought I was bonkers a year ago when I started this ...

• Cheers for replies
    Helped out
    From clown 🤡 to savvy cash 🤠 cowboy I hope.
    👍👍👍👍👍

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.