What are your targets on here?

• To have some football fun.

I havnt got nearly enough to replicate my earnings from my job. (Which nearly all gets spent on the usual life things)

If I had 100k spare I might consider making a living from it, amongst other things like a YouTube channel etc...but that’s a wondering thought.

It’s fun, it’s better and more addictive than a £20 b365 punt, and it beats flicking through Facebook or Instagram which I’ve Well and truly deleted.

I invested 1k last year...made £300 profit.

Il invest 10k this year...hopeful of same %profit.

Then who knows aye..it’s a glass ceiling we live in afterall and glass can be broken.

• Started in Sept 2018 with 1k up to 5.5k now current port just over 8k so very happy.

My intention is to keep investing think this is a good long term saving scheme and hope to have at least 50k in 5 years when I will be 60 at which point I will retire and probably use some to enjoy the good life 😀

Whatever happens it’s fun and for me more profitable than gambling which I now do much less than before FI

• @Hat1988 Very impressive, well done😃

• @MickTurbo said in What are your targets on here?:

@MickTurbo said in What are your targets on here?:
    "every man who has ever got rich"

Or woman! Please dont ban me 😂😂

0_1562444107303_upload-454e408e-c378-452f-bb1f-d18dacc5c4bb

• @Hat1988
    nice, whats your strategy? So many different ideas and yours seems very effective
    I may open a separate account and have a go with a small amount.. unless its private of course
    ton

• @Ericali
    Interesting post & very positive news for everyone

Proof too ....that no one has 'missed the boat'....if ur savvy enough there is always opportunities to make
    good money

After doing some number crunching found......Im not doing myself justice as I'm at £3k profit already (Oct 2018)

& as you mentioned commission ....that's £330 yours being ❓

Also £625 divs ...ur' currently at ❓

• @Ericali said in What are your targets on here?:

@MrWh1te said in What are your targets on here?:

driving lessons

Probably deserves another thread, but...

Personal opinion? 🤔

I bleedin' hated them!

Still gives me nightmares! Passed on 7th attempt at 9am, wrote of my first car at 9pm that night!

• @Gazz127 said in What are your targets on here?:

@Martyn-B Doh cheers mate lol

Just worked out just over 40% gain in 5 months so can't complain.

Still very nice growth! Long may it continue for all of us. 500% ROI would be amazing!

• @Friedeggs I've payed twice as much comission as dividends earned. So I should be "losing"

But I'm 11k up.... So that argument is rubbish.

Too much is made of comission. If it's a winning trade, it's a winning trade regardless. 👍

• @Ericali yeh said that to johny boy! My commish is also double/treble divs. But I'm happy to buy a player I think will win divs and sell him on the spike before divs are paid. I use dividend players to drive my value but take the cap ap rather than the divs for most of my time on index. Only during the media bonus have I started raking jn divs... Nearly £400 in the last 25 days from Neymar alone

• I understand dividends essentially drive the market, but people buy on "potential" dividends rather than actual dividends.

Basically, everyone has a potential/angle they can win dividends from. An argument can be made for most.....

With a rising tide (growing market) everyone seems to get a rise.

• This post is deleted!

• @Friedeggs said in What are your targets on here?:

@Ericali you still running/including your other (relatives)😉 account ❓

Quiet on that one, Mr Eggs.... 😉

• Seems I'm one of the few people on here yet to withdraw a single penny from the index. I'm a smalltime but long-time user and I've spent the last 2-3 years depositing small amounts, which equates to £1,790 deposits and a port value of just over £2,600, representing c.45% gross profit so far.

I don't intend to withdraw anything until I'm convinced the growth of the platform is stagnating, and I think we're a year away from that yet.

I don't have any targets, but as someone else said, this activity has stopped me from pissing away the obligatory £20 per weekend with the bookies. So as long as I don't end up losing every single penny invested, I've basically saved myself a lot of money in losing bets...

• I started on here in April 2018. Originally had the objective to be risk free and withdraw all my net deposits, which I achieved 6 months later in October 2018.

Then I realised there is so much further for this platform to go and I upped my deposits. Currently £7000 net deposits with the majority of that coming in the last few months. I need to get about £4500 of that out towards the end of this year to help pay for my honeymoon, but I intend to keep the rest of my net deposits and slowly withdraw them via the following method:

1. Every month, work out how much profit I've made (if any)
    2. Leave 50% of the months profit in the index
    3. Withdraw the other 50%
    4. Split the 50% I've withdrawn in half. Half can go on boring stuff like overpaying the mortgage. The other half can go on fun stuff, like a really good meal out somewhere or a few nights away.

Feels like a win/win/win scenario where I can continue to build my investment in the index, slowly move towards being risk free and also get some enjoyment out of the money.

• @kaka8 I have 45 players with 5500 shares and its fairly evenly split , to start with I only really went for mid to low price players but as i learnt I began to build up on some shares in the higher ones and currently hold 250 Rashford and 180 in both Kane and Sterling.
    I dont really flip much and rely mainly on gains. I have no real % gain target before I sell as I brought 60 De Ligt very early on for £1.60 when he got to £4 (before split) I thought thats enough he wont go up any more and sold he then went up to the equivalent of £9 and won countless divs ,lesson learned !
    I try and get in early on players for example most people will wait now until they have a chance on I.P.D for the new season where I have already bought players and dont worry to much about the I.P.D`s just concentrate on gains this is working well at the moment.
    I would say the majority of my players are aged between 20 -25 only really 2 exceptions Hazzard (100) who I think will be massive next year and Foden currently only have 60 but will add some each month.
    I used to save £250 each month in a savings account which ultimately my wife and daughter used to spend anyway ! now it goes straight into FI and is far more enjoyable and profitable.
    Good Luck when you start and the vast majority of people on this forum are great and I have learnt loads through reading their posts and opinions.

• Been on FI nearly 5 months.. 53 years old...deposited £700..Port is now £880+ not huge amounts by some standards on here but I'm more than happy atm... set a target of 1.5k after a year and then looking to double year on year... if that were to continue I can retire happily doing something I enjoy...

• @gloryhornet88 I am similar to you apart from our tastes in football teams ! I have not withdrawn a penny yet and dont intend to while the platform is still growing currently around 40% increase better than any savings plan and as you say better than giving it to the bookies !

• I've been on since Feb and currently my port value is 30% more than my net deposits. Ultimately my plan is to slowly withdraw my original funds and just play with profit but I've been telling myself that for a while and have yet to actually withdraw. Made a decision over the last few days on a plan of action to do so but not sure if it is the best one. I've decided that 25% is the magic number. Any player who is up 25% I will sell the equivalent shares that make up the value of the 25% profit and withdraw whilst keeping the original cost in the player just with less shares. Does anyone else have a precise plan like this or is it just gut feeling?

• @Vespasian32 and @Ericali

I still disagree about commission being irrelevant.

I think the point I'm struggling to make is that instead of buying in and out of the same player, several times over the course of a year and paying commission every time. You could just sit on the future for the 3 year period, ride the waves/bumps and only sell the player on one occasion. Therefore only paying commission once.

From my experience, I didn't realise how much money I was spending on commission, and genuinely believe I would be in a far better position, had i actually just held the majority of my futures for the entirety of the time allowed.

I don't disagree with your strategy, but I'm hoping that you can see the point I'm trying to make.

We are both making profit, but I believe you could have made more profit by trading less.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.