Any news on order books ?

• @Vespasian32 Anything that has value will always have buy orders.
    In 95% of cases on FI one man's trash is someone else's gold and we will all benefit from better spreads in most cases.

• @janner73 said in Any news on order books ?:

@Vespasian32 I think it will be a long time before FI withdraw that but surely that has to be the long-term goal. If I buy something for 50p that's really worth 10p in all honesty why should I be able to sell it for 48p?
    If you paid £5000 for a car that was only worth £3000 you wouldn't expect to be able to quickly sell it for £4900.
    IS is there because the market needed it, and it will continue to do so for a significant time until the market can sustain itself, but I believe at some point a few years in the future it will go.

I think the spreads on IS will at least double, that's how FI will compensate for having to buy back dogshit

If we want rid, we can just set the lowest price and go to the front of the queue (if that's how order books are going to work) which is much fairer. Nobody will use IS unless it's for breaking news, like when Robben announced his retirement

• this has been talked about from the first day I invested nearly 2 years ago... and if the BETA site is anything to go by i doubt it will be sorted within another 2 years... but primarily i think it's a good idea to have order books as an option, but along with Instant Sell which i think still does have its worth...

Happy to set buy and sale prices for certain players but wouldn't like to see this replace selling to market at drop bucket prices because sometimes in life you need to do this.

Rather than complicate FI's already complicated website i think they need to get the rest of the site up to scratch before they even contemplate order books.

• @ScouseSte That's probably more realistic than me saying it will go all together even though that would probably be their ideal. But yeah their buy back price would be a lower tan it is now but buy orders would fill the gap and in many cases make the spreads better than they are today.

• Sorry guys I haven’t seen the mock ups for the order books.
    Does the sellers name appear on it like “ gregolocky selling shares of Pogba at £6.90 “ or whatever?
    And if so does anyone think people would refuse to buy off certain traders due to a petty argument on Twitter or the forums or what they seen on the trade ticker thinking this guy was pumping and dumping before, just a thought I had.

• @Gregolocky no mate. It's a replica of Betfair really

• @ScouseSte cheers pal

• @Gregolocky have a look at this video from 7 months ago which gives good insight mate

https://youtu.be/YoniqmkTkEI

From F I Guide

• @janner73 said in Any news on order books ?:

@janner73 said in Any news on order books ?:

@Vespasian32 I think it will be a long time before FI withdraw that but surely that has to be the long-term goal. If I buy something for 50p that's really worth 10p in all honesty why should I be able to sell it for 48p?
    If you paid £5000 for a car that was only worth £3000 you wouldn't expect to be able to quickly sell it for £4900.
    IS is there because the market needed it, and it will continue to do so for a significant time until the market can sustain itself, but I believe at some point a few years in the future it will go.

When I say IS will eventually go I mean from an FI point. I'm sure there'll bring in market makers to help with liquidity and in 99% for cases I would expect spreads to significantly improve as a result. I can almost guarantee that there would be buy orders in on Neymar right now higher than his current £7.30 IS price meaning anyone wanting to sell would get a better deal.

Yes i agree with this but people will also be putting out buy orders for less than his current market value so actually decreasing his price

• I think the market needs to grow more personally, the liquidity wouldn't be great with the amount of active users we currently have.

• @Black-wolf only if they listed 900 mate. Which would also happen if they put them on the market now. It's no different mechanically. Just far far better for transparency and information

• @Black-wolf they'll only decrease his price by putting in sell orders lower than his current buy price but the people who would do that are listing for sale in the market today and reducing his price.
    The simple way to look at is you will still have 2 ways to sell - instant sell to the highest buy order or place a sell order (effectively list to market in today's world).

• @Black-wolf said in Any news on order books ?:

When I say IS will eventually go I mean from an FI point. I'm sure there'll bring in market makers to help with liquidity and in 99% for cases I would expect spreads to significantly improve as a result. I can almost guarantee that there would be buy orders in on Neymar right now higher than his current £7.30 IS price meaning anyone wanting to sell would get a better deal.

Yes i agree with this but people will also be putting out buy orders for less than his current market value so actually decreasing his price

BUY orders cannot affect the share price - it's just a request that you want that price.

SELL orders will affect the price because you are offering something you have.

• @ScouseSte not sure what you mean. The 900 to move a penny will no longer exist with order books because we will set the price not FI. So at the moment using neymar as an example his buy price is £7.68 and sell is £7.30. So with order books £7.68 would be the price set set by a trader at offering a buy price the only way this price moves is if someone else offers to buy for £7.69 or higher. £7.30 would be the offered sell price by a trader and would only move if £7.31 was is listed. X number of shares to move a players price would no longer exist. As for new shares being issued FI would need to meet peoples buy demands unless they can figure out some kind of buy now price which would in affect put a cap on players price or over complicate price movement. Maybe ive got it all wrong but this is how I understand order books to work

• @ScouseSte so you will only be able to list to sell but to buy you either look through the sell orders listed or buy from FI?

@ScouseSte not sure what you mean. The 900 to move a penny will no longer exist with order books because we will set the price not FI. So at the moment using neymar as an example his buy price is £7.68 and sell is £7.30. So with order books £7.68 would be the price set set by a trader at offering a buy price the only way this price moves is if someone else offers to buy for £7.69 or higher. £7.30 would be the offered sell price by a trader and would only move if £7.31 was is listed. X number of shares to move a players price would no longer exist. As for new shares being issued FI would need to meet peoples buy demands unless they can figure out some kind of buy now price which would in affect put a cap on players price or over complicate price movement. Maybe ive got it all wrong but this is how I understand order books to work

Yes you've got it wrong mate - Neymars buy price is £7.68 now. So if order books were in operation, if I wanted a quick sale, I'd list at £7.67 - FORGET THE £7.30 INSTANT SELL PRICE! That's irrelevant here.
    You'd now see next to Neymar three boxes - my 10 shares at £7.67, then the majority at £7.68 (reflecting his current price) and then a few at £7.69 (chancers).

As I said before, I'd assume if you owned Neymar shares, your holding would still show at £7.68 value if 10 shares were listed at £7.67. But if I listed 900 shares then of course your holding would drop 1p...until the 900 sold 😊

Any clearer mate?

@ScouseSte so you will only be able to list to sell but to buy you either look through the sell orders listed or buy from FI?

Neymar is at £7.68 now. You only want to pay £7.65. So you put in a BUY order of £7.65.

You now go into the second BUY box along, behind the £7.67 buy bids at the front of the queue.
    Neymar breaks a leg. People IS and some put in cheeky SELL orders to market - you are at work and don't know what's happened. Some lucky trader has just offloaded 200 Neymar shares to you at £7.65 but sadly they are now worth £5.78.

It's going to make selling and buying far more interesting / exciting

• @ScouseSte got it 👍. It is in affect making the the buy price the buy now or instant buy price. And we determine the spread. Ive got it i find it easier if i think of it as buy from market and buy now

• @Black-wolf
    These are all theories incidentally. Nothing concrete yet 😂

• @ScouseSte this is absolutely spot on IS becomes irrelevant as you can sell your shares "instantly" wherever there is a buy order. And players will grow quicker as it doesnt take 900 shares to move the price it simply takes orders at the current price to be matched so when more people want to buy, the lowest sell price is now 1p higher than before

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.