Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?

• The world record transfer fee just about triples, every 10 years. It's entirely possible that Mason Greenwood could be the first £1billion transfer.

• 1963: Angelo Sormania became the first player worth £250,000

• 1973: Johan Cruyff, cost Barcelona a record breaking £920,000

• 1982: Diego Maradona moved to Barcelona for £3million

• 1990: Juventus signed Roberto Baggio for £8m.

• 2000: Luis Figo, cost Barcelona £37m

• 2009: Cristiano Ronaldo, was sold to Madrid for £80m

• 2017: Neymar cost PSG £200m

In 13 years he'll be 30, 3 years younger than when Cristiano Ronaldo matched the transfer record to join Juventus in 2018. Makes his £4 on FI look like a snip ha.

• @Dan-The-Man yeah and he could also be dog shit as well.

• @Stevo

Seen many United "gonna-be's" over the years, so you're bang right. Still though, looks promising.

• Could a player be any more over-hyped??? 😂😂

What has he done? Can someone tell me??

• @Dan-The-Man It’s all relative, your probably find the at the time a player is 1 billion...

A fredo will be upto £15
    A chomp £12
    Ya wife’s hair will cost a grand
    And ya bet bill will be the price of a house today

...space raiders will still be 15p

• @FI_Xtra You mean, your wife's hair doesn't cost you a grand.

Cheapskate

• @FI_Xtra hahaha the Space Raiders shout made me laugh out loud 😂😂😂

• @Dan-The-Man Who's Mason Greenwood?

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah

Do I look like Google?

• @Dan-The-Man You're not that pretty

Sorry I thought that's how forums work. Someone posts something and people have a conversation. If we have to get the answers on Google why start a thread.

My point is you're saying that he could be the first Billion pound player but you've not said why. Surely it cant be because he was born 1st October 2001 and is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for premier league club Manchester united? I found that bit using Google. I also found that hes done absolutely nothing to warrant being called the 1st billion pound player.

I also see him as the biggest risk on FI. His value is huge for a player who may not play in a PB league anytime soon, has no MB and no PB. Yes theres potential but there is also many potential reasons why his price could plummet over the next few years while we are finding out how good he is.

So Who's Mason Greenwood other than a massive risk to FI traders?

• As bad as it sounds i really would find it hilarious if he bacame a flop. £3.50 for one start, go away

• Not sure he's much of a risk... Not leaving man utd any time soon. Man Utds youngest ever starter in a Premier league game.

Every day/Month he rises and every day people say he's a risk and not going to rise anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me if he even bags some mb when he scores on tour

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah

I wasn't saying he will be... just that he could be. It was meant as a bit of fun.

And yeah, it was based purely on his age, hype levels and club...

The bit I was interested in is... it's almost a certainty that the first billion dollar player has already signed his first professional contract.

• @Vespasian32 Every player is a gamble we know that and it's all based on probabilities.

Greenwood probably could become FI king, but there are too many probabilities that he wont. So for me the risk is way too high. That's just my perspective good luck to all his holders.

• I'm not in on him currently, but from what I have seen off him he looks class. His price is scaring me but I'm really tempted to jump on.

• Cannot get my head round his price when you can buy any number of player for less, who actually start games week in, week out, play in European competition and are full internationals.

• @Dan-The-Man I really dont get the hype, is he really that good? or just united supporters in hope? From what I've seen of him which is not a lot he has the same potential as many other players for other clubs, there is no evidence he will be better than those and they are way cheaper in FI terms so my concern is that people are more in hope that he could become a FI superstar as he could be a class player for United rather than the likelihood he would.

that for me is too much of a gamble.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah odoi is trading for a £1 more... What has he done? Started a handful of europa games and just cos he's at a big club and been good at youth level he's bagged an England call up.
    Greenwood being younger, at utd and a striker means he really doesn't have to do much to keep rising a lot.
    You are bang on about the risk of him not becoming a good first team player... But that risk is more real life than FI.
    If he gets in the team and does well 🚀
    If he's on the bench a lot 🚀
    If he's not involved.. Maybe transfer rumours to bayern! 🚀
    MB for just scoring or getting a start
    MB for signing a new contract

When I say he's low risk FI it's because when you look at the expensive players... You can see a number of things that will impact their price negatively... And a few things that will be positive..
    With greenwood and Brewster it's the other way round... Minor positives will have big impact and itl take a huge negative to make them plummet.

• @FootballScout101

I got in on him at £1.39... as one of my first buys... then sold out of him at £1.44. Bought back in £1.39 again... then sold out of him at £2.05

I doubled up the money with McTominay, so I'm not that bothered about missing out on the rise but yeah... not a day goes by where I don't think I should have got back in yesterday.

• @NewUser74389 said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

Cannot get my head round his price when you can buy any number of player for less, who actually start games week in, week out, play in European competition and are full internationals.

We've all been there... many of us still are...