Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?

• @Tom77 yeh I accept that, you're right it's a bit of a tangent. I'm only saying that Brewster, greenwood and cho dont necessarily need to be generational talents in order to return significant divs. I've just spent a fortune on pogba, and for me hes not a generational talent. He can be very good on his day but hes no Gerrard, not for me. That doesnt stop him being a prolific divs man.

The screenshot I posted lists players who havent lived upto their potential (lukaku/morata), arguably world class at their best (ibra, coutinho, ozil, greizmann), one incredible season/achievement (vardy), a genuine star (bale) and a right bastard (costa).

As an england fan I hope the 3 lads are superb players, as a trader I just hope they return divs one way or another, and I believe their chances of doing so are very high

• @Vespasian32 said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Tom77 over three years anyone may fall. You don't have to hold for 3 years.

Safe bet is greenwood and Brewster... Barring injury (which can affect anyone) I would say there is more chance of them rising by higher % than kane or sterling.

Over any time scale... A day, week, month, year brewster and greenwood have had a higher return than kane and sterling. And that will continue... I'm not looking more than 6 months ahead... Its silly to unless you physically cannot login and manage your port on a daily/weekly basis.

Yeah if greenwood scores 20 goals and outshines rashford no doubt he will be Β£5 but if he scores no goals he could be Β£2.

Kane and sterling on the other hand won’t drop if they do others will pick them up because they win divs steadily through a season.

• @Tom77 said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

Yeah if greenwood scores 20 goals and outshines rashford no doubt he will be Β£5 but if he scores no goals he could be Β£2.

Fantasy land. 1-2 goals =Β£5. He will not drop to Β£2 unless he retires.

• @Vespasian32 said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Tom77 said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

Fantasy land. 1-2 goals =Β£5. He will not drop to Β£2 unless he retires.

I don't know about a drop to Β£2 but you must think there is a chance that this lad will tank if he doesn't score goals to match the hype?

• @ShaneH he'll win media because journos will trip over themselves to knock him down, so he will probably rise

• @ShaneH eventually... But playing in some friendlies... Getting in the EPL team again... Starting in Europa... All of this will cause rises (with subsequent fall if he doesn't score) and then massive jump when he does score.

• @MickTurbo said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@ShaneH he'll win media because journos will trip over themselves to knock him down, so he will probably rise

Perhaps a temporary rise but then the reality sets in that he was overhyped by media, fans and FI traders.

I hope the lad is as good as they say but the risk of a large drop scares me too much to invest. No doubt he'll continue gaining momentum until start of the season.

I'll be watching this guy with real curiosity. I may be kicking myself for not having invested months back. haha

• @Vespasian32

All good points. Assuming he scores goals of course and there will be no limit to his price then lol

• Like @Vespasian32 says, it's nearly impossible to say what he or anyone else will be in a year or 2, but between now and christmas its hard to see a down side. The upside is you're on the next pog or neymar at half price, or maybe more realistically the next kane, rashers or salah

• @Dan-The-Man Anyway you spelt Rhian Brewster wrong πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah

Lol, could end up being young Jack Clarke, who knows.

Hype levels of Greenwood alone, tells me the world's at least paying attention. He's got a major platform, imagine if he were the guy to put Man Utd back on the map.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Tikka-Mo-Salah

Hype levels of Greenwood alone, tells me the world's at least paying attention. He's got a major platform, imagine if he were the guy to put Man Utd back on the map.

Not even Captain f*ckin Cook could put United on the map at the minute!

• @Dan-The-Man said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Tikka-Mo-Salah

"The world's at least paying attention" then "he's got a major platform" then followed up with "the guy to put Man Utd back on the map"

Some major contradictions in that little paragraph πŸ˜πŸ‘

But I know what you mean....

Anyway, Brewster up 20p for a few pre-season goals - over to Greenwood for he's audition on Saturday. πŸ‘Œ

If he does something similar, he could be due the same rise or more seen as we are a more popular club

• @Ericali said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Dan-The-Man said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Tikka-Mo-Salah

"The world's at least paying attention" then "he's got a major platform" then followed up with "the guy to put Man Utd back on the map"

Some major contradictions in that little paragraph πŸ˜πŸ‘

But I know what you mean....

Anyway, Brewster up 20p for a few pre-season goals - over to Greenwood for he's audition on Saturday. πŸ‘Œ

If he does something similar, he could be due the same rise or more seen as we are a more popular club

"Were" πŸ˜‰

• @ScouseSte said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Dan-The-Man said in Mason Greenwood: The First Billion Pound Player?:

@Tikka-Mo-Salah

Not even Captain f*ckin Cook could put United on the map at the minute!

We ARE the map.... 😎

And don't you forget it - the most successful team in England. πŸ†

• @Ericali

But not the most successful English team in Europe! :)

• So much is assumed about players on FI because they play for man united. However if they dont sort their act out very soon then they could find the balance of power has shifted to Liverpool or City. Its already started when you look at how many tv fixtures these two get. Its all fine and well being able to boast about history but these two are inthe process of making bigger history right now and i dont see United being the team to put a stop to that anytime soon. How long does it take one or two bad seasons to turn into just another regular season the media have no interest writing about

• @Black-wolf Not gonna happen, we've been crap since the index has been around and for a couple of years before yet were still over 50% ahead of second place Liverpool for all time MB returns. Now imagine what the difference could be if we get our act together and start contending for the league/going deep in cups.

• @Black-wolf

Liverpool were the big club... so these things are cyclical.

Man Utd won't go 20 years without winning the Premiership.

... Might go 19 lol

Just waiting for the return of Leeds United! #MOT

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.