Joel Pohjanpalo

• Someone posted this tip yesterday and it’s very good.

Leverkusen only have 3 strikers including him, was out all year with a strange ankle injury. Scored in the first pre-season game.

I tried to find something on him that didn’t add up but he generally seems the real deal. Has some press pics on Leverkusen twitter account.

To be fair there aren’t many stats on him but seems like a good shout to me at 35p still.

I would just watch for info on him to make sure he doesn't get loaned to some non pb league but if he doesn't he is going to be a good bet for FI.

• @Tom77 Why do you think he is a good shout?

I don't see any value in him. 24 years, struggling for getting game time, no chance of being in starting 11; no hope in getting MB/PB, even IPD.

• @Victory said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

@Tom77 Why do you think he is a good shout?

I don't see any value in him. 24 years, struggling for getting game time, no chance of being in starting 11; no hope in getting MB/PB, even IPD.

Because 3 strikers for a champions league team is not a lot and the ones they have are hardly world beaters.

It depends what you think value is, could he be as good as Kevin Volland at 71p yes I Do, which equates to 100%increase.
    You can’t just say no chance for the starting 11, why?, he’s been out for a year, he might get a run in the team.

• @Tom77 said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

You can’t just say no chance for the starting 11, why?

Last 3 seasons:
    -2016/2017: 1 game in starting 11
    -2017/2018: 0 games in starting 11

• 2018/2019: 0 games played +a serious injury
    • 2019/2020? My prediction is he will continue to be a professional bench warmer

Why do you think he can be as good as Kevin Volland who started 32/24 games with 14 goals and 9 assists last season?

• @Victory said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

@Tom77 said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

You can’t just say no chance for the starting 11, why?

Last 3 seasons:
    -2016/2017: 1 game in starting 11
    -2017/2018: 0 games in starting 11

• 2018/2019: 0 games played +a serious injury
    • 2019/2020? My prediction is he will continue to be a professional bench warmer

Why do you think he can be as good as Kevin Volland who started 32/24 games with 14 goals and 9 assists last season?

He score 6 in 10 last time he was fit.
    He is 24 years old with 18 months of injury problems.
    Are players not allowed to come back from injury now?
    He scored in a pre season game - a good sign no?
    35p is cheap with room for improvement ....
    If could he possibly get a run in the team...

• Not for me, make some cap ap from his goals in friendly then try to sell imo..

Volland will stay first choice. Alario second choice... And I expect a bigger year from Paulinho who will cover all 4 attacking positions.

• @Tom77 Players are allowed to come back but we dont care about allowed or not. We care about if he is good enough to be in starting 11 pf PB matches and to return dividends.

It is up to you to define cheap or expensive.

In 12 eligible matches in the previous seasons; his highest PB score is 18, PB average =6 -> @35p To me, his current price is already pumped by pre-season hype.

Compared to Volland I would definitely go for Volland, a much safer bet.

• @Vespasian32

Moussa Diaby mate, he will show his quality in Bundesliga and in nxt year ot two BIG transfer... But agreed with what you said 👍

• Yeh pohjan wil struggle to make the bench...
    Volland, Alario, bellerabi, Paulinho, Bailey, demirbay, havertz, diaby

Very strong attacking options.

• @Vespasian32 said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

Not for me, make some cap ap from his goals in friendly then try to sell imo..

Volland will stay first choice. Alario second choice... And I expect a bigger year from Paulinho who will cover all 4 attacking positions.

@Vespasian32 said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

Not for me, make some cap ap from his goals in friendly then try to sell imo..

Tell me again why Paulinho is a good option for a striker when he has scored 0 goals for Leverkusen? And at £1.45 what are you paying for?

• @Tom77 I don't hold paulinho because that price is a little high for me, perhaps a fair price ...but I look for undervalue. Paulinho is a much better prospect and when he does get more game time he will improve exponentially. IRL terms that is … hes more of a winger/AM but Leverkusen are so fluid I can see him playing up top too, which is why I mention him in competition for Pohjan as striker. Even if you remove him, Pohjan would still be 3rd in line behind Volland and Alario.

• He hasn' t hit 10 goals in a season in 6 years, when he was in Finland. He is literally so bad as a striker, this is what he said about his chances of playing...
    "There are a lot of games until Christmas and you do not know if someone is injured"

For 35p I could get Kevin Gameiro who scored 6 in 16 last season

• @Moukoko said in Joel Pohjanpalo:

He hasn' t hit 10 goals in a season in 6 years, when he was in Finland. He is literally so bad as a striker, this is what he said about his chances of playing...
    "There are a lot of games until Christmas and you do not know if someone is injured"

For 35p I could get Kevin Gameiro who scored 6 in 16 last season

Bloody hell this is scraping the barrel, going back 6 years when he was 16/17 years old. Ive clearly rattled a nerve with this guy, wow.

The end.

• Personally i think he's worth the risk. He was being touted as a potential world class striker before he got injured. Think this one could go either way

• Now he is turning into my pet project.

Named in the squad for this season.

Finland doing well in euro qualifying so Joel could be playing in the Euro’s if all goes well.
    👍

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.