Defenders are where the value is

• I didn't intentionality go out buying defenders but I kept on finding value in them and I realised last week 18 out of 40 players in my port were defenders. I've had to sell some just so my portfolio is a little more balanced, I didn't mind selling some bec cause the capital appreciation I'd had out of them was really good and far more than I'd expected that quickly.

I held Rousillion, Castagne, Jonathan Silva, Kehrer, Guilbert, Hysaj, Tuanzebe, Gimenez

• @Advinculas-Index I got in on him couple of weeks back. Another good season will see him up by the £1 mark, especially with being in the German squad for Euros

• What about Alex Telles at 58p? Not in PB league but odds on to join Athletico Madrid

• @Long-Haul-Col Steve Cook (28) centre back Bournemouth. This guy has played nearly every game for Bournemouth over the last 4 seasons. whoscored.com rated him Bournemouth's 4 best performing player last season based on averages. PB average of 68 and PB high of 187. Dividend winner in the past. 9 goals and 2 assists over 4 premiership seasons. A starting centre back for a mid table premiership side at only 22p is great value in my eyes.

• Milos Veljkovic (23) centre back Werder Bremen. Currently out injured with a broken toe but has been a regular at centre half for the past 3 seasons at Bremen. Was brought up through the Spurs academy and has won 7 caps and is a regular starter for Serbia. Links to Watford this summer but injury has put that on hold. A no nonsense centre half with a goal or 2 in him. PB average of 56 with a PB high of148. young and a regular starter for a top 8 Bundesliga side, 23p looks decent value.

• Jens Stryger Larsen (28) 36 apps 1 goal 4 assists for Udinese last season. Current international for Denmark currently linked with a move to Fiorentina. Very versatile can play in any position across the back 4. PB average 56 PB high 104, If fit plays for both club and country. 23p seems good value.

• few very cheap defenders i've mentioned in other threads:-

Alvaro Gonzalez 20p Villareal - cb who played 33 league games last season and won PB once (i believe he is the second cheapest player who plays in a PB league to accomplish this) at 29 should be in the peak of his career and has a good top5 average.

Antonito 14p Valladolid - lb who played 31 league games for Valladolid last year and got a few goals and assists to boot, currently the cheapest first team defender in any PB league by a good few pence.

Thiago Cionek 14p SPAL - is 33 now but a very good short team hold, played a lot of games last year and with SPAL losing a lot of defenders dont see this changing - big thing is he won PB twice last year (i believe he is the cheapest PB league player to do so)

Martin Kelly 17p Crystal Palace - with AWB leaving this seems a steal, my office colleague is a Palace fan and is convinced Palace wont buy a new RB this year, seems a very cheap price for a premier league fullback.

• Hugo Mallo (28) full back. Celta Vigo's captain. Played over 125 games in the last 4 seasons with 4 goals and 14 assists to his name. PB average of 77 with a PB high of 170. Rejected a move to the premiership last season with Fulham. 20p for a regular starter in a PB league with plenty of assists in him.

• Christian Gunter (26) full back. Played over 130 games for Freiburg in Bundesliga over the last 4 seasons with 2 goals and 12 assists to his name. PB average of 64 with a PB high of 163. 22p for a regular starter in a PB league with plenty of assists in him

• Bjorn Engels to Villa is surely a solid bet here. Seems certain to happen and hes so cheap (34p) at the minute. Defo a rise there if he comes.

• @NewUser307981 why ? a team unlikely to keep many clean sheets, with a knock it up the pitch style, and a player who will be 25 in Sept and got 1 goal last season.

He isnt going to rip up PB so why would he be more than Cresswell or many other full backs

• I guess I mean more in in terms of "cap app". He'll play for sure (He is rather alright) and whilst villa will lose a hell of a lot of games, I reckon his stock will rise and his current price is cheap to me. He'll double at least (John Terry is there to help, erm, advise!). Or not, whatevs. Let's find out!

This thread is all about defenders having value- I'm not pumping!

• Decent shout for the upcoming season, Guilbert of Aston Villa spent all of last season on loan at SM Caen, villa have him back in there first team now could make the right back position his own, very promising youngster at under 35p. Yes I own and yes I’m a villa fan 👍happy trading 📈💷

• Another promising youngster Lorenzo Venuti an Italian footballer who played for Serie B club Lecce on loan from Fiorentina last season playing over 30 games, back at Fiorentina in preseason training could get some first team experience this season, under 30p a share 👍

• So glad I started this thread and appreciate everyone's suggestions/advice. Keep them coming!!!

• @Pagey74 👍

• @Munchie63

villa play out from the back. Dean Smiths style. This lad is good with ball at his feet & at 6ft 4 he's a goal threat. Price will rise when Villa announce him

• Charlie Taylor at Burnley for 27p currently should see a rise. I expect he'll come on in his 2nd season in the Prem. I'm a Leeds fan so have watched this lad since he was 17 and he definitely still has potential to improve.

• @Jumbosausage Also a Leeds fan and I agree he's a class act. Unfortunately playing for Dyche's Burnley he will never get over the half way line to cross a ball which he is so good at.

• Nicola Murru at Sampdoria. 24 years old, 5 assists in 35 games last season (1 in 7), 8 clean sheets, year-on-year improving rating on Sofa Score and 31p.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.