Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic

• I guess if anyone has joined in the last week or so with a very stagnant market (at least my port has barely moved) then they could be breaking even or down.
    But surely anyone who has been around a month or more would be in profit with all the risers before the deposit bonus.

• There was a fella on here a few months or so back that lost most of his port value from over trading.

My port value is down since Sunday so anyone joining in the last couple of weeks could be down a little.

A question I do ask myself if when will the time come when you actually have to be good at this to make a profit.

• There are probably more people down than we think through overtrading, or buying on rises chasing losses.
    Realistically tho anyone who has been on here a month or more and is in the red will have had to work hard to do so. Now is the time to practice good trading skills because whether its 12 months from now or 5 years from now the market won't rise for ever and far more will lose than win at that point.

• @NewUser159387

I hope your portfolio fares better than your thread predictions mate πŸ˜‰

• Yea anybody who joined after the bonus period will likely be in the red. Very flat market atm and little influencing factors shifting value.

• @NewUser159387 unfortunately posts like this will stop people admitting their down & not be willing to open up & ask for help

• @Uncle-G said in Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic:

@NewUser159387 unfortunately posts like this will stop people admitting their down & not be willing to open up & ask for help

Was thinking exactly the same. I am sure there will be people who joined at the time Pogba was Β£8 for example and are losing money. Using words like "inept" is not helpful or constructive and the general smugness of this post would put people off asking for help.

• @Uncle-G
    Just a realistic assessment of the recent market growth; "chasing unicorns likely to prove fruitless" is hardly a revelation, the rest of the forum threads provide much easily accessible, free help, advice & guidance for those who wish to seek it out IMHO. We can all benefit & learn from others but I doubt even 1% of users have a negative overall portfolio & probably less than 0.1%.

• Iv been on here for about 18 months and done really well overall... i put 5k last week (i know i should of used the bonus period but it didnt clear in time in my bank πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ), but anyway if i look at just that 5k seperate from the rest of my portfolio then i am down on that investment.. as i said iv been here a while and i am a long term trader so it doesnt affect the way i think but if i was a new player then yes id be down and probably would panic!!
    Cant always be win win win can it.

• to be honest I joined last week of april and in my first month I showed a 30% loss net growth come end of may, I put this down to I didn't have a clue what I was doing, in that time with experimenting with the platform while honing skills and educating myself with help from the forum reading posts understanding the basics and kicking on. I have since recovered that debicet, so looking forward to the new season and hopefully keep learning as with the correct research and strategies feel There is profit to made on FI

• @NewUser159387 said in Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic:

@Uncle-G
    Just a realistic assessment of the recent market growth; "chasing unicorns likely to prove fruitless" is hardly a revelation, the rest of the forum threads provide much easily accessible, free help, advice & guidance for those who wish to seek it out IMHO. We can all benefit & learn from others but I doubt even 1% of users have a negative overall portfolio & probably less than 0.1%.

Well the idea of this thread was to actually be helpful to those unfortunate enough to not be in profit yet.

But thank you for your marvellous contribution, your insight is truly outstanding and I hope to see your input a lot more on this forum.

In future, I won't bother creating a thread until I DM you and seek your approval/guidance

• @ScouseSte said in Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic:

I won't bother creating a thread until I DM you

No offence but the fact not a single user has admitted being in the red overall rather proves my point.

I am all for helpful threads but just don't think many ppl fit your chosen category given the recent meteoric platform growth.

i genuinely believed I was simply stating the obvious but if anyone has taken offence I unreservedly apologise.

• @NewUser159387 said in Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic:

@ScouseSte said in Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic:

I won't bother creating a thread until I DM you

No offence but the fact not a single user has admitted being in the red overall rather proves my point.

I am all for helpful threads but just don't think many ppl fit your chosen category given the recent meteoric platform growth.

i genuinely believed I was simply stating the obvious but if anyone has taken offence I unreservedly apologise.

Hahaha the thread has been live for AN HOUR! πŸ™„

• For what it's worth, although my portfolio is very profitable overall, 8 of my 35 players are 'in the red'.

Fortunately having traded on FI for nearly 2 years now, I've learnt not to panic when I see a bit of red and ride the peaks and troughs that can occur.

• 0.5% in the red. Four of my seven players running at a loss (two of whom are Neymar and Messi, so returning dividends through the summer). Been on here for nearly three months now but I’m not hugely active in terms of flipping futures.

• I was down for my first month, straight after the share split, everyone I bought were at peak prices and I didn't really know what I was doing. Bought Neymar for Β£8.40 etc

• Great thread. I have always been interested in this. I have done back the last couple of weeks but I'm sure it will pick up. Very excited for the new season. Exciting times ahead.

• @ScouseSte Great thread fella.

I think most people who are in the red are not active forum users, so give it some time and I'm sure there will be traders seeking help.

I know a few people who were in the red and then just stopped trading as they didnt have the patience to keep at it. Obviously not huge amounts of money. They couldn't withdrawal because they started with a bonus, so they still have a portfolio which could be massively in the red or green. When I see them I'm desperate for them to log into their port out of interest as it was pre SS. My point is threads like this may help people to continue as others can share their experiences.

And if one person uses this thread for help then you've done a good thing. Ignore the idiot.

• @NewUser74389 said in Anybody actually IN THE RED? Portfolio clinic:

0.5% in the red. Four of my seven players running at a loss (two of whom are Neymar and Messi, so returning dividends through the summer). Been on here for nearly three months now but I’m not hugely active in terms of flipping futures.

So you arent down much at all πŸ‘Nice one mate, patience is key.
    Once the season starts again, Messi in particular should rise again as he continues to dominate PB divs.
    Neymar will bring you back to black through his divs alone I suspect 😊.

Who else besides those two do you own?

• This post is deleted!