Follow experienced traders

• I started just the way you are thinking. As above ignore twitter accounts. But if you are going to have over £1000 in here one thing I would definitely get yourself familiar with is index gain they run a free site so have a look and if you want to subscribe for premium you can which gives you extra features which are really helpful when choosing players but like I said even the free stuff is excellent.

• There are some very experienced traders on this forum who consistently offer great advice and knowledge.

While I use a variety of tools to get involved with the FI community, I definitely learned the most in this forum. You'll seen get to know who the guys are that you should be listening to.

• @LittleFish said in Follow experienced traders:

@NewUser389592 I'd agree with Mick. I've been gambling on here for 3 months proper and have learnt a lot from this forum. Watch the videos for the basics. For the first month before I put serious money in (that's a relative term of course) I just played around with a few shares in each player I thought would make money and seeing how the market reacts to events. Once I was comfortable I put more money in.
    Avoid Facebook and Twitter until you get a nose for the bullshit.

That’s exactly what I’m doing been on for a month now started with one share in each player bought 25 player now have another 12 players at 5 shares each and finding it really helpful watching what can affect there prices , love reading this forum and finding out players I would never know of and then looking into them I currently have about 50 on my watch list lol looking forward to the season actually beginning to see how that then affects my original buys and how the prices react to individual performances and games

• @Samz1991 said in Follow experienced traders:

So I’m new to all this and haven’t deposited a great deal of money and won’t do at least till I understand the whole thing better.

Has anybody had any positive experience following experienced traders, don’t mind paying a monthly subscription but don’t want to do it if it’s pointless.

It’s not something I want to do for ever because kind of takes away the fun of it all, but just thinking might be worth it while I’m learning.

Basically what @MickTurbo said, this forum is great. I have used it loads, particularly in the early days.

Understanding how media buzz (MB) and performance buzz (PB) work is essential to really understanding the platform.

Just ask questions and people will help, although it's worth first reading the pinned post that Misto took a lot of time to put together as that will answer a lot of questions.

• Lol, what do 'experienced traders' know about football?

• Don't listen to Zola25

• @NewUser336689 said in Follow experienced traders:

Lol, what do 'experienced traders' know about football?

I thought I recognised that number, "Mr. Couldn't Care Less". How about changing your profile name? Maybe "Couldn't Care Less" or " Negative Reputation " for starters.

The experienced traders know plenty about football and more importantly lots about how FI works. They have taught me and other new users loads and have given us tonnes of advice.

Maybe shut up, watch and learn...

• @Yellow said in Follow experienced traders:

@Samz1991 said in Follow experienced traders:

So I’m new to all this and haven’t deposited a great deal of money and won’t do at least till I understand the whole thing better.

Has anybody had any positive experience following experienced traders, don’t mind paying a monthly subscription but don’t want to do it if it’s pointless.

It’s not something I want to do for ever because kind of takes away the fun of it all, but just thinking might be worth it while I’m learning.

Basically what @MickTurbo said, this forum is great. I have used it loads, particularly in the early days.

Understanding how media buzz (MB) and performance buzz (PB) work is essential to really understanding the platform.

Just ask questions and people will help, although it's worth first reading the pinned post that Misto took a lot of time to put together as that will answer a lot of questions.

As a new trader (this week) this is the bit that I need to focus on. The MB is fairly self explanitory but the PB is the one that will be interesting to observe.

Having a look at the scoring breakdown there are a lot of catagories for all sorts of players.

Is there any of the tools/analyitics out there that show the PB score brakedown of any particular players match score at any one time?

• The forum is a very good source of reliable info, and bullshit tends to get called out (unlike on Twitter/FB).

I've made a lot of money in my time on the index so far, but I doubt I'd have made half of it if I hadn't used this forum.

• Definitely recommend following experienced traders for a little while whilst you get used to the basics of the Index.

The guys on here are really good and will answer any questions (we were all beginners once!!). The forum is also really good if you are looking for a range of opinions and perhaps someone has noticed something you haven't!

Any questions, feel free to post away and people will 100% help :))

• @Kr10 said in Follow experienced traders:

Is there any of the tools/analyitics out there that show the PB score brakedown of any particular players match score at any one time?

I use Footy Index Scout which is a free database.

If a player has won PB dividends then fairly easy to find his PB average, top 5 scores and last 5 scores, in the PB winner player history. Also shows dividends yield, but word of warning these are inaccurate as they are old values from prior to the share split. Instead look at the number of wins and you get an idea of PB yield.

If a player hasn't yet won dividends then you can usually find them in the database. Search by league, year and position and you can usually find them. My favourite feature of the database is to filter it by average PB score.

Hope this helps!

• @Martyn-B These fools on here have zero football knowledge

• @NewUser336689 said in Follow experienced traders:

@Martyn-B These fools on here have zero football knowledge

alt text

• @NewUser336689 Football knowledge with zero trading skills is just as bad as zero football knowledge. For the foreseeable future as the platform grows then it will be hard for most not to make money.
    Once market cap is reached, football knowledge alone wont be enough to make you good money, and nor will trading skills alone. FI will require both to be successful in the future.
    If you choose to dismiss the knowledge and experience of traders who have been on the platform much longer than you then there is only one fool in the building.

• @Kr10 said in Follow experienced traders:

@Yellow said in Follow experienced traders:

@Samz1991 said in Follow experienced traders:

As a new trader (this week) this is the bit that I need to focus on. The MB is fairly self explanitory but the PB is the one that will be interesting to observe.

Having a look at the scoring breakdown there are a lot of catagories for all sorts of players.

I recently put out a video on 'Tools for Researching Players', which might be of help, as it includes an overview of dividend tools like IndexGain and Footy Index Scout

▶️ https://youtu.be/vqRGo9kzBng

0_1563006662862_Tools for Researching Players.jpg

• @janner73 I am the epitome of football knowledge. Incredible trader because of my atrociously assured knowledge. I look down on you peasants on this little forum

• @Samz1991 just email @Noirx4 he sends out all the PB stats by excel for a couple quid a month. Invaluable to see the bargains who get decent PB scores.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.