Steve Bruce

• Terrible appointment imo, I really like Newcastle...I think they needed someone with decent connections to Europe & a fairly big name!
    Like Blanc or Gattuso

• What happened to the buyers from the middle east? My mate was claiming Newcastle will win the CL within 5 years. I laughed, naturally. More likely to win the Johnston's paint trophy.

• @G27 said in Steve Bruce:

Terrible appointment imo, I really like Newcastle...I think they needed someone with decent connections to Europe & a fairly big name!
    Like Blanc or Gattuso

Unfortunately in Newcastle’s current situation the managerial job will be seen as a poisoned chalice - very risky job to take with little reward and possibly sacked if the new owners want to bring their own man in.

They did well to get Bruce to be fair, not the most inspiring appointment but he has had very good spells in the PL at times with Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland & Wigan - all with small budgets and unstable conditions at times.

• Remember Bruce is the man that bought and gave Maguire and Robertson their shot at the big time.

The supposed best left back in the world picked up from Dundee United for a couple of mil. And the potentialy soon to be most expensive defender in the world picked up for similar money from 3rd division Sheff United.

He's no tactical genius but he's generally done well in the transfer market and gets the best out of players.

Personally got a lot of time for the man. But then I'm a Hull City fan.

Looking forward to when he finally opens up on what a c*nt Ehab Allam is. But I digress.

• Its pure bargain basement - He will be sacked come Feb with relegation staring us clear in the face then some other yes man nobody will come in.

Ashley had the chance last summer to push on with Rafa at the helm but again decided to pull all money out of the club & put it into his high street crusade. That was his chance & he intentionally & unforgivably decided to not capitalise. Odd for someone who is apparently, according to all his puppets in the media, a good business man?

Our club is poisoned by that fat c**t

The only FI related news with this Bruce deal is maybe keeping an eye on players like Almiron, Lascelles & Longstaff as they will 100% get moves if we go down.
    Always seen Lascelles going Leicester if Maguire goes.

• I'm not knee deep in Newcastle news so don't really know how close these rumours are but something that has came to my knowledge is that Bruce only yesterday signed a player he's signed before from Brentford in Moses Odubajo... I get that clubs sign players even when Managers move but this one looks very much like a Bruce influence as he signed him before for Hull and had him as his first choice right back there?

This says to me Sheff Wed are either confident Bruce will stay and are signing the players he wants or they are... stupid??

As for is Bruce to Newcastle a good move for Steve Bruce and for Newcastle I would say... NO and NO!!!

He's got a decent gig at Sheff Wed and could reach the playoffs whilst at Newcastle he's on a hiding to nothing and could be jobless by Christmas... suppose it boils down to money & kudos or management & commitment????

• @This-is-the-one said in Steve Bruce:

The only FI related news with this Bruce deal is maybe keeping an eye on players like Almiron, Lascelles & Longstaff as they will 100% get moves if we go down.
    Always seen Lascelles going Leicester if Maguire goes.

I would add Fabian Schar to that very short list of sellable assets. A Mike Ashley dream player, sign for 3 to 5 million, play for 2 years, sell for 25+ million.

• @Martyn-B
    Yeah a good shout. solid international & good ball playing CB would get a move to another prem club.

@Martyn-B
    Yeah a good shout. solid international & good ball playing CB would get a move to another prem club.

Is Alex Bruce still playing?

Would be a Mike Ashley/Steve Bruce style replacement if Lascelles were to go.

• A lot of people slamming the potential appointment really haven't been paying attention to what's going on at Newcastle. Under the current owner there is no chance of a big name being attracted to this and anyone walking in is likely to struggle regardless if it's Bruce or someone else.

• Have Newcastle got a striker apart from the kid Sorensen?

I imagine Bruce will get someone with experience in?

• @Tom77

Sorenson banged them in last season in the youth team, went out on loan & got more or less no minutes oddly enough. Dont expect him to get any first team football this year either.

@Tom77

Sorenson banged them in last season in the youth team, went out on loan & got more or less no minutes oddly enough. Dont expect him to get any first team football this year either.

Basically newcastle are in deep shit they probably need 2 decent strikers, could be some good index buys on the way.

• Depression. Com

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.