Axel witsel
    Josh Sargent
    Rabbi matondo
    Florian neuhaus
    Dodi lukebakio
    Dan axel zagadou
    Niklas sule
    Ibrahima donate

All about a quid or less. I hold them all and think they'll get rise a fair bit as the season progresses for different reasons.

• Dortmund have the following players of which realistically only three should start based on last year's formation.

Gotze
    Hazard
    Reus
    Bruun Larsen
    Brandt
    Sancho

All 6 are top quality players and believe all will get game time next season, be interesting to see however which of the above become part of the starting XI.

Yes Brandt and Hazard have come in off the back of great seasons but Bruun Larsen and Gotze performed well for Dortmund, so, I really don't think anything in terms of starting XI is nailed down yet.

• Thorgan Hazard, Brandt, Sancho & Goretzka as must hold’s, Klostermann, Halstenberg, Knoche as good earners & quite cheap, Jann Fiete Arp as potential super star

• @DW Didn't Dortmund play 4-2-3-1 for most of last season which means that 4 of those start?
    Sancho-Brandt-Hazard as the 3 for me with Reus/Alcacer as the main striker. Gotze can rotate in for Brandt who along with Brunn Larsen provides cover for Sancho and Hazard.

• @Stevo Thanks Stevo will look into these!👍

• @janner73 realistically I only expect 3 to start and Alcacer occupy the striker role but absolutely agree it could easily be 4 out of the 6 with Reus/Gotze in the striker role.

If Dortmund have a great season don't think you can go far wrong with any of the six. Possibly Bruun Larsen is at the back of the que but for me he's got the most potential to improve.

• @DW Apologies didn't realise you were including Alcacer as the striker - makes sense now with the 3 out of 6. It's certainly scary how many options they have now!

• @janner73 none needed, added good context and even speculatively I could see almost all of those players capable of filling the striker role given style of play.

Be really great to watch next season, Dortmund have a great mix of youth, experience and playing style!

• @janner73 said in Borrussia Dortmund:

@DW Didn't Dortmund play 4-2-3-1 for most of last season which means that 4 of those start?
    Sancho-Brandt-Hazard as the 3 for me with Reus/Alcacer as the main striker. Gotze can rotate in for Brandt who along with Brunn Larsen provides cover for Sancho and Hazard.

Yeah they did. I was just about to say the same until i saw your post

• Really looking forward to seeing what Dortmund can achieve this season. Great early signings, particularly in Brandt (just put out a video on him today) and Hazard, that will only add to their attacking style of play.

Julian Brandt | My Portfolio - Episode 6
    ▶️ https://youtu.be/7Acl1l47o_Y

• @Black-wolf keep an eye on that as Hummels and Nico Schulz should start, and Piszcek may get back in too.

I'd avoid Alcacer as I can see Reus up top, with Witsel and Brandt in behind, and Sancho and Hazard out wide

• @Munchie63 i hold quite few Dortmund players. Hazard, Alcacer, Brandt, Zagadou, Akanji and Hakimi. Im wary of buying any more although im probably missing a few opportunities i just dont want too many in one team

• My personal opinion is I think Dortmund are in with their best position for a Bundesliga Title this year, better than they have been for several years. There is a real strength and depth to the squad this year, and they have made some key signings in the chase for that top spot!

There's something about the Bundesliga I love, and I think it's a really good competitive league. I know people knock it compared to the Premier League because Bayern ALWAYS win the league (which they do most of the time) but beyond that there are 5 or 6 really good teams and the quality of the matches when you watch are very very high!

• @TomIrving totally agree and i find its where ive had my most pb success. Mostly through defenders though

• @Stevo said in Borrussia Dortmund:

@Rory

Jean philippe mateta
    Joelinton
    Ante rebic
    Mahmoud dahoud
    Ondrej duda
    Jean Kevin augustin
    Dawid kownacki
    Axel witsel
    Josh Sargent
    Rabbi matondo
    Florian neuhaus
    Dodi lukebakio
    Dan axel zagadou
    Niklas sule
    Ibrahima donate

All about a quid or less. I hold them all and think they'll get rise a fair bit as the season progresses for different reasons.

Lukebakio could be going to Lille, he will rocket there with a few goals,11p up since yesterday.

• @Tom77 absolutely, young, fast strong, goalscorer, Belgium are quite a hit topic with the decent squad they've got, lille in the CL, what's not to like?

• @Tom77

Yes, I’ve missed the lukebakio rise now so a bit wary.
    Think Neuhaus is a good call though, got my eye on him with Europa League etc. Thought he looked good in the U21

• I'd like to see how Lille line-up before jumping on Lukebakio. They will have a lot of options with Bamba, Ikone, Weah, Leao, Araujo and Lukebakio. I also noticed Lukebakio is classed as a midfielder - sure he was a forward before - which puts me off slightly in terms of PB.

• Bought into a couple of Dortmund thinking they’re gonna go close to winning it this year and so much value in their players imo. Also got a couple of Schalke boys, they’ll be a massive improvement on last year with their change of manager.
    Overall though I think bundesliga holds the most value for underrated players, gonna look into getting on a few more before the season starts if anyone’s got any ‘hidden gems’ they want to share

• Personally I feel the best value in Dortmund's defence is Schulz and Hummels.

Schulz's PB will massively benefit from being reclassified as a defender and playing in a team that wins more games and keeps more clean sheets, I can imagine him delivering a lot of crosses from a wing back position. Whilst Hummels should be a starter, given the amount they signed him for. He's a good ball playing defender and I can imagine him wracking up the passes like Akanji does, but he's way cheaper. At 79p and 78p, I think they're good value.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.