Players for Euro 2020. Stay ahead of the curve!

• Lukebakio, looks a move to Lille is on, 90p, Belgium winger. The french league is a good base to build on, good be a good year for him. 21years old

10 goals in 22 for Fortuna Düsseldorf in Bundesliga last season (. On loan from Watford).

Index likes him, he is only going one way this season if he gets a good start.

Champions league football.

• Jens Stryger Larsen (23p). A solid full back who played every game for Udinese last season. Regular starter for the Danish national team. Links with Fiorentina this summer, aged 28 should be at his peak come the tournament.

Milos Veljkovic (23p). Has made over 75 appearances for Werder Bremen over the last 3 seasons at centre back aged only 23. Regular starter for Serbia. Came through the academy at Spurs and was linked to Watford earlier in the summer. Currently out with a broken toe, should be back before the season starts.

Lewis Cook (99p) If he fully recovers from his injury and plays most of the season for Bournemouth then he will have a great chance in being in Southgate's squad. Captained the under 20's England world cup winning squad. Jermain Defoe has likened him to Luka Modric.

• @Ben_pz just bought into
    Golovin, looks a good shout tbf, long term hold. Also, given Monaco’s seeming transfer policy, if he has a good season and Euros, he may well be sold for big bucks

• Cedric Soares (32p) is a good buy for me.
    Regular RB starter for Portugal so will get international games and likely be Euro 2020 starter.
    In the meantime, he is likely to either start for Saints (manager has come out today to confirm slate is wiped clean) or may secure a move to a bigger team as is being linked with the likes of PSG and Arsenal.
    I'm weighing him up with another few options

• @Tom77 I also fancy Lukebakio, he is a flair player so should do well on the index.

He could be a replacement for Pepe, and we all know how much more he costs.....

• @ToffeeBlue ahead of Cancelo?

• Mykyta Burda - 18p

Just turned 24 CB whom plays and starts for Dynamo Kyiv and Ukraine national team. Dynamo Kiev have a strong chance of qualifying for the champions League (enter at 3rd qualifying stage) and if unsuccesul will go into Europa League. Ukraine currently sit top of there Euro 2020 qualifying group on 9 points above Portugal and are almost certain to qualify.

He is going to get constant exposure and PB games over the next year at both club and country level and also pops up with the odd goal.

Also here is a link of him in action, he's got an aggressive style and monster leap!

https://youtu.be/u_gr1XwhbeE

• Willi Orban - 50p - Hungary and RB Leipzig - 26 years old
    Club captain and CB in the tightest defence in the Bundesliga. PB average of 66, top score of 187, 23 games last season, 4 goals, average rating of 7.41, MOTM x3. CL football next season. Hungary currently top in a tight group and he scored twice against Azerbaijan.

Leander Dendoncker - 59p - Belgium and Wolves- 24 years old
    Last season was a breakthrough season and he played 17 games (2 sub) and was a regular by the end of the season. Scored 2. Average rating 6.97, twice MOTM. Europa League football next season. He is a regular in a very good Belgium side.

• @Martyn-B

Both good shouts. I actually hold Dendonker. Forgot to include him!

• @Ben_pz Thanks, nice thread, I am trying to think ahead and trying to hold mostly European players this season. I have a few players to offload during the season and I can see Messi and Zapata being my only non-Europeans by the end of the season. I had forgotten about Castagne, thanks for the prompt (pump)!

• Harvey Barnes at £1.38 could be a bargain. I think he could sneek into the squad for England if the form of other Leicester players like Maddison is anything to go by.
    Alexander Isak at £1.19. Dubbed the new Ibra, a big season from him and he could fly for Sweden.
    Michy Batshuayi at £1.06. I think he will rotate with Giroud and Abraham but I feel that he is far superior to Abraham and with Giroud not getting any younger I believe he will be Chelsea main man.
    Thomas Lemar at £0.82. He signed for a huge fee last year and struggled with injuries. If he can get 30 matches this season and go well he could be massive for France.

• Yep, was going to be my shout!

@DW said in Players for Euro 2020. Stay ahead of the curve!:

Mykyta Burda - 18p

Just turned 24 CB whom plays and starts for Dynamo Kyiv and Ukraine national team. Dynamo Kiev have a strong chance of qualifying for the champions League (enter at 3rd qualifying stage) and if unsuccesul will go into Europa League. Ukraine currently sit top of there Euro 2020 qualifying group on 9 points above Portugal and are almost certain to qualify.

He is going to get constant exposure and PB games over the next year at both club and country level and also pops up with the odd goal.

Also here is a link of him in action, he's got an aggressive style and monster leap!

https://youtu.be/u_gr1XwhbeE

• I don't think it's worth buying players specifically for the euros now as so much can happen but you do need to take it into account. The impact will probably be felt when a team is knocked out of say the champs league. Their non euro 20 players will take the hit.

It's one reason I will probably leave Messi who is starting to look high risk now.

We will have to see if you get the silly price bumps for bottom of the squad players who are unlikely to return anything in the tournament.

• @mike778
    Think it’s a great decision to buy up and coming young players who could shine in the Euros.
    Couldn’t be a better reason to but imo.

• I would say buying solely for the Euros isn't the best idea at this point - a whole season in between where injuries, form etc will change everything.
    Buying with the Euro's in mind as part of the reasoning makes sense - always good to have more than one reason to buy a player.
    I agree with @mike778 that we will probably see more volatility on non Euro players when their teams are knocked out of CL this season - especially those that are also unlikely to have any transfer rumours next summer. Not putting anyone off Messi but he is a prime example of someone who is likely to suffer a fair drop if/when Barca drop out of the CL.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.