Beta Site Update

• administrators

@kristiang85 said in Beta Site Update:

@Mark-FI Are you the same Mark who FI hired after the redesign post on here?

Yep

@Lukeroro said in Beta Site Update:

@Mark-FI you're a legend for designing a solid beta site and you're becoming mythical for continuing to reply to people's inquiries.

I haven't looked at the Beta, I'll look when it's finished, but judging by the feedback you're doing a top job.

Sincerely, thanks for putting the time in!

Thanks, appreciate that!

@Keegans-Bluff said in Beta Site Update:

thanks for coming on here @Mark-FI - as a largely laptop user, miss the old new Beta Site. Yours looks much better though - when do you think it might be live? also wondering if it will make possible having a different IPO process than previously?

Sooner than you think

@Pluko said in Beta Site Update:

@Mark-FI

Looks good

I’m a iPhone app user, making the forum user friendly would be good. If I see a players name someone has mectioned and I want to check out on the index I have to hit the back button about 10 times to get to the index.

Maybe you could somehow link the players name when typed in a posted in the forum to there index profile and all you had to do was click there name and it takes you to there profile. Don’t know how easy that would be, maybe the poster will have to add the link to the profile of the player instead of it automatically linking the profile when typed.

Having a forum easier to navigate and button that returnes you back to the index would be helpful.

Also... when on the fourm, if you click ok Football Idex at the top, it takes you to the page to download the app as if you was a new user.
    That could be better used for fourm/app navigation

And turning notifications back on, it was good getting knowing when you’ve sold a player when not in the app, could also have notifications of player price changes, so you are able to catch price drops if you aren’t in the app at the time

More FI staff active of the forums and communication via the forums. FI should be interacting with FI community on the forums not just twitter or YouTube. I totally missed the bonus deal, it was only when I saw someone post about it in the forum that I looked in to it and registered.

That’s it for now, I’m tired and I’ve had a few beers 🍻

Cheers

The forum issue gets discussed many times, ultimately it comes down to the fact we have other priorities. That's not to say it will never been done though.

@Yellow said in Beta Site Update:

Hi Mark, thanks for this, looks really good so far.

I'd love to see some additions to the portfolio screen, there are a couple of things that come to mind:

• The ability to create folders within my portfolio and file players in each folder, i.e. Folder 1 - Long term holds, Folder 2 - IPDs, Folder 3 - Short term flips etc etc. Reason being that when I review my portfolio I don't really care how much my long term holds have gone up or down, but I do about the short term ones.

• The ability to be able to sort portfolio by player increase and decrease by time period, like last 24 hours or 7 days. Similar to the point above, so I can more easily get a view on who is rising and who is dropping.

Thanks for the opportunity to feedback.

Portfolio folders have been mentioned a lot as has being able to sort by time. I will definitely be looking into this

@NewUser5676 said in Beta Site Update:

Simple query from me.... what’s the site address for the beta site?

www.beta.footballindex.co.uk - That is the URL for when it goes back up

@kaka8 said in Beta Site Update:

Here is a question,

Is corners won the amount of corners that player has won or the players team has won, and in the scoring matrix I assume it must mean the number of corners won by the team?

If not then where do you get that data?

Im not actually sure about this. I always thought it was an individual level. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

Opta

• @Yellow said in Beta Site Update:

I'd love to see some additions to the portfolio screen -

I second this, and if I remember your previous designs of the portfolio 'dashboard' had pie charts splitting your port by positions. This would be a really welcome feature and I remember it stood out on your earlier designs. I'd hope this could be expanded to display a pie breakdown of leagues, age groups, value etc

I also loved the overall port value graph on your earlier designs, are you still working on a similar style 'dashboard' for your portfolio? @Mark-FI

• hope you negotiated yourself a great salary !

• @Mark-FI
    Are you still able to keep a portfolio now that you work for FI?

• All very helpful/interesting but please stop ignoring all the IPO questions. Even if they are months away please tel us so we can stop holding port money that could be appreciating on players. It’s not an unreasonable request!

• @SIFI said in Beta Site Update:

All very helpful/interesting but please stop ignoring all the IPO questions. Even if they are months away please tel us so we can stop holding port money that could be appreciating on players. It’s not an unreasonable request!

I get the frustration but I don't think they are really his department.

• Some of the players photos are massively outdated or just badly cropped and proportioned - Will they be updated too?

• @NewUser265348 said in Beta Site Update:

1. I use the app and only the app and access through pin code/thumbprint. To post this reply you need to log on to the website not the app. When you try to do that it says Invalid user details, when you do it not through the app then it works , hence I can post

I access the forum through the app and don’t have these issues. Just go to help section (bottom left icon) then forum on next screen (bottom right) and you’re logged in. Not sure if I’m reading your post correctly?

• @Leighton said in Beta Site Update:

Some of the players photos are massively outdated or just badly cropped and proportioned - Will they be updated too?

I'm putting divs into gimenez at the minute and every morning when I click buy max I look at his pic and think I've accidentally clicked on phil jones 😂

ABORT ABORT ABORT

• Does anyone else think that this update is very underwhelming? You seriously can't be telling us it's taken all this time to come up with that? The stats sections for the players are new, but what use are they really? Can you compare players to each other en masse? If the watchlist actually works then that would be an improvement.

I'm sorry but this feels almost as disappointing as when the current Beta site was released.

• @DavieB Looking at the screens, it is way better than the original beta site already. The platform is technically complex, so I would assume that any major interface changes take a lot of time. Hopefully when the beta goes live it will be even clearer where the improvements are.

• All I’m seeing is beta under maintenance notice

• @Ollie I don't think It's released yet, should be soon though.

• It would be great to able to add notes to players in the portfolio and watch list.

• Hi @Mark-FI
    One thing I'd be really keen on is being able to filter your transaction history by type I. E. Deposit, withdrawal, commission, buy, sell

I want to work out my IRR for a better roi (mine is currently meaningless as I regularly deposit and withdraw... So fixed stake in the ground to say 'this is my investment'

Using all deposit/withdrawal amounts & dates would allow for a proper calculation.

• administrators

@Vespasian32 said in Beta Site Update:

Hi @Mark-FI
    One thing I'd be really keen on is being able to filter your transaction history by type I. E. Deposit, withdrawal, commission, buy, sell

I want to work out my IRR for a better roi (mine is currently meaningless as I regularly deposit and withdraw... So fixed stake in the ground to say 'this is my investment'

Using all deposit/withdrawal amounts & dates would allow for a proper calculation.

Are you not able to see this in the transaction summary breakdown?

• @Mark-FI I can see totals but that doesn't help I.e let's say my current totals show 50k deposit 0 withdrawal and port value £60k... That would be 20% roi. Then I take out 49k... My net deposit is £1k and my port value is still 60k...im suddenly showing 6000% roi. I havent turned into Warren buffet from one minute to the next 😂
    The only way to correctly work out roi is using IRR, to do this you need the dates and amounts of each individual deposit/withdrawal

• @Vespasian32 said in Beta Site Update:

@Mark-FI I can see totals but that doesn't help I.e let's say my current totals show 50k deposit 0 withdrawal and port value £60k... That would be 20% roi. Then I take out 49k... My net deposit is £1k and my port value is still 60k...im suddenly showing 6000% roi. I havent turned into Warren buffet from one minute to the next 😂
    The only way to correctly work out roi is using IRR, to do this you need the dates and amounts of each individual deposit/withdrawal

This could be solved by having a download button of your FI transaction history in .csv or .xls format. I worked out my IRR from the spreadsheet customer services sent me, but it is a faff to obtain (you need to email, then they send it after a day or so, then you need to speak to them by phone to get a password...)

• This post is deleted!

• In fact it would be far simpler if they just built it in as a function. We shouldn't need to be downloading and working things out as simple as ROI from a product gearing itself as an investment tool.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.