Port in decline

• Is anyone else's port taking a bit of a hit? Everytime I check this week its down another 5 to ten quid. Not worried as I'm still overall all a couple of ton up just hope to stay in the green on the overall 2k I put in. Is this drop normal at this time? Pedro Guilherme is in a downed big time.... Is he still alive haha?

• My Port has also taken a bit of a hit!

• Yeah, I've got a lovely bottle of Warre's 1977 that plummeted in value when I opened it!!! 🍷🍷🍷😃🤪🤢🤮

• I'm 0.5% up past 24 hours and almost 2% for the week but got quite lucky as my portfolio is quite Brewster heavy along with a few other of the recent risers.

We are still in the post deposit bonus slow period so I wouldn't be concerned too much.

I'd expect things to really start flying towards the end of the month and i'm sure FI have another announcement soon to encourage some more investment.

• For many of us including myself this is the first pre season on FI.

I read recently on here that last year around 20th July onwards the market started to get in to gear for the season ahead and I'm thinking in to next week people will start positioning themselves for the forthcoming season.

Those players that have not been part of the transfer buzz this summer for instance and have remained stagnant should start to get some support such as Stirling, Kane, VVD, Rashford to name just a few as people start to build portfolio's for next season.

Yes a bit of a low at the mo and my port has also taken a slight knock the last week or so but I feel just a few more days away we will see some upturn.

Then again I'm sort of a newb myself but just a gut feeling.

• I gave in this year and bought some Brewster so it's nice and green.

• @Chris-J said in Port in decline:

I'm 0.5% up past 24 hours and almost 2% for the week but got quite lucky as my portfolio is quite Brewster heavy along with a few other of the recent risers.

We are still in the post deposit bonus slow period so I wouldn't be concerned too much.

I'd expect things to really start flying towards the end of the month and i'm sure FI have another announcement soon to encourage some more investment.

Is this what FI is telling you or are you monitoring it yourself?

Cos FI has been showing my 24 hour and 7 day stats as up every day. I can tell you that from my own monitoring I'm not up.

Was always going to take time to really pick up after the bonus period.

• Be patient, it's a slow period between the end of the bonus period and the start of the new season. Not much money coming in at the moment, mostly traders buying and selling to tweak their portfolios.

• @Allams-Out Yes I keep a 9am daily portfolio value - the FI one is also correct for me currently but it has been way off in the past hence why I monitor it myself - I think it is easily skewed by any buying/selling.

Brewster, Billy Gilmour, Greenwood, Xavier Amaechi, Morelos & Neymar are amongst my decent performers this week with no serious drop offs elsewhere in my portfolio.

• @Chris-J was always a bit complicated how they came to those figures but it followed what FI said.

Now it's just wrong for me. I don't really pay it much attention because of that but feels like it's almost stuck at a figure for the 24 hour and then any profit or loss is added or subtracted from that.

I might just be imagining that.

For the record my port is generally stagnant. Still a little down from the pre bonus highs.

• Mid month is rarely a great time on the Index. Things should pick up as we approach payday and when people realise the new season is fast approaching.

Now is probably a good time to pump money into the Index, before the next boom period. That's what I'd be doing if I had any spare money to invest!

• @Allams-Out What players would you be looking to invest in if you had the money?

• I've had an unusual drop this last day, quite a significant one (which is rare on my diverse portfolio). None of my players seem to have had massive drops though, just 1 and 2p here and there. I assume one of the big boys is doing some selling to reposition for the season.

• Since the bonus I’ve lost about 2% of the value of my port and it’s pretty much stayed like that since! not to bothered as got some big hitters ready for the season so expect some rises come the end of the month

• I think this is where strategy is key... Long term holders with consistent strategy may be feeling flat or slight down turn post bonus... But itl pay off more and more as you get closer to season...

Post bonus for me has been great... Making as good a money as ever except those mad few weeks around split announcements... But then I'll have to pay commission and rejig my port soon to benefit from new season.

I think my strategy works well for me and I'll maximise my profit... But can see how others deem it high risk or simply don't have the time or can't be bothered with dynamic strategy.

• @NewUser329076 said in Port in decline:

@Allams-Out What players would you be looking to invest in if you had the money?

Pumpathon follows...

Sergio Ramos looks too cheap to me.

Same for Portu

I bought back into Coutinho this morning. Had a nice drop and felt there had to be one final act in his transfer saga. Big rise today but maybe more to come...

Loftus Cheek was showing signs he could be an elite PB man. Young and English so ticking the right boxes. Expect a nice rise on return from injury and the rest depends on how he performs. Players nearly always rise on return from injury after the panic dip. A good strategy to follow.

Tolisso also coming back from injury at Bayern.

Chukwueze did well last season and he's had a bit of a dip.

I've pumped Ismael Bennacer plenty on here and I'm not too shy to continue. Just think he's a proper player. Moving to Milan from Empoli so on the up.

Feel like Paqueta could do something this season. Just a gut feeling though.

Toni Kroos and Alcantara are made for PB. Kroos in particular looks value after a poor season for Madrid.

Then I like good young players that are actually doing it on the pitch. Havertz, Chiesa, Lo Celso, Tyler Adams, Stefano Sensi, Cengiz Under, Oyarzabal, Lazaro, Kabak, Barella, David Brooks...

Then nothing wrong with some of the older guard that are cheap and can pick up the odd PB win.

Just sprinkle into that a few of the proven elite to pick up those regular divs and you've got a port.

Of course always do your own research and the main thing I would say is FI runs on cycles. So it pays to get in ahead of the curve on the next cycle.

Disclaimer: I hold some but not all of those players

• Thanks for the feedback, everyone on here is very helpful. I'm honestly not too bothered about making money, just enjoy the ups n downs and keeping away from normal betting

• Up overall around 1.5% not including the bonus payout at the start of the month so can't complain considering this lull was anticipated, like someone mentioned earlier 20th July was when the market started to ramp up again for the new season last year so expect that'll be the case again.

• I’m predicting people have 14 days left to get into players they feel are undervalued before prices start rocketing again. Friday 26 July is payday for those in permanent jobs and only 2 weeks before the premier league and other European leagues commence again. It’s time now to do your research and buy into players before then in my opinion.

• A shade under 2% up this week.
    I’ve seen it mentioned that big growth is expected in a couple of weeks in the build up to the new season. I’ve only been here since October, so no first hand experience. One thing I do know is that last summer there wasn’t a bonus running through the summer so it may be worth bearing in mind that we’ve already had the majority of the boom. Obviously I hope not, but it could be worth thinking about for anyone taking a boom for granted.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.