Adam Lewis (0.66p) in Liverpool’s squad next season?

• The Liverpool leftback situation is a bit odd, they’ve sold Moreno and transfer speculation on the leftback front has gone quite. Do you guys think Klopp will entrust Adam Lewis (0.66p) to be backup?

Lewis had a good first friendly imo, and being the only other Liverpool leftback on the index, do you guys think we could see a rise for the friendly period (as Robertson has injured his hand) and perhaps even after that, as any backup will surely get gametime in the cups. He’s also English, which is golddust on the index! Any Liverpool fans give a more rounded view on this? Opinions much appreciated!

• Well he is on your list of most likely price rises so you must be confident.

This kind of player kind of emphasises the madness of the youth bubble. Andy Robinson failed to win a PB. This lad has a chance to maybe be 3rd string left back as presumably milliner would be next in line. The chance of him winning a few pence in dividends over the next few years is negligible.

We might as well be trading used condoms with a picture of Gareth Barry on them. People are trading essentially worthless assets. There is no real logic to any of it.

If a finance professional looked at this and saw that people would pay for 60p for an asset that will almost certainly return nothing and best case scenario may make a couple of pence then they would piss themselves laughing.

Ultimately you kind of have to chase the money I suppose but it kind of makes a bit of a mockery of the whole index really. He daft thing is he will play friendlies and maybe rise. So whilst he is probably overvalued by about 55p he could bizarrely be seen as a good buy.

• @mike778 yeah, just got to play the index at its own game. If the index resembled real life then Messi and Ronaldo would be way ahead of everyone.

I don’t really go for divendents myself, more capital appreciation- which again is easier with the hype/ anticipation of hype around youngsters i guess, as my holds attest to!

• @Sutt98 said in Adam Lewis (0.66p) in Liverpool’s squad next season?:

@mike778 yeah, just got to play the index at its own game. If the index resembled real life then Messi and Ronaldo would be way ahead of everyone.

I don’t really go for divendents myself, more capital appreciation- which again is easier with the hype/ anticipation of hype around youngsters i guess, as my holds attest to!

Yeah I know, sometimes you just have to follow the money. I have done it myself on a few of these, it's just a very odd situation.

I get demand and supply.

But if someone offered you 50p for a 2p coin, how much would the 2p coin be worth? Technically you can say its worth 50p if someone is prepared to pay for it. But the value is on very shakey ground. If people stopped offering to buy him then you would be left with the underlying value of 2p.

Its exactly the same with this kind of player. You can say he is worth 60p if people are prepared to pay. But if people stopped and FI wouldn't buy him back you would be left with the underlying value which is virtually nothing.

If there was any efficiency whatsoever in the market then really Lewis should crash down to his true value which is probably about 5p at max. That's how bubbles 'should' work but value doesn't really come into it.

• Playing in the second half 11 now

• @mike778

But if someone offered you 50p for a 2p coin, how much would the 2p coin be worth?

Ah this is one of those trick questions, Is it worth 52p?

• Lewis’ in Liverpool’s USA squad for the big friendlies.