Big Hitters Help

• Hi guys,

Looking to go big (for me) and invest £1000 into the index. I am torn between doing 3 things and wanted your advice.

1- All in on Neymar (pb/mb)
    2- Half on Pogba/ Neymar - Should win most media in the next few months
    3- Split into 4 x 250 in some of the top 20e.g. Foden, Salah. Neymar, Sterling (Top 4 still being determined). Potential for PB. MB and some capp appreciation throughout the season.

The rest of my portfolio is on players between the 0.50-1.20 mark.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• I'd say option 3, better to spread some risk and fancy the likes of sterling, foden, Havertz to have more cap appreciation than pogba and neymar.

• If you think pog will stay at utd as I do, then you could do a lot worse than him. I've only had him 6 days and hes returned divs every day and probs will again today, also if he does stay theres at least a quid rise comein, very probably more. But if that grand is big money to ya then theres undeniably risk attached.

If your gonna pick 4 of the fairly expensive ones then foden for me is a great choice, but the only problem is £250 will only get u around 70. That's the compromise you make. There are few who look due a rise in the top 50 so I'd probs go option 3 but give plenty of thought to who I pick

• yeh I wouldn't go on option 3 you end up with so few shares in each … and foden, salah, sterling don't win divs regularly - when you do youl get 50p a go.

id go all on Neymar or Pogba. Pogba more risk but more reward (leave or stay) .. Neymar going to return a lot of divs until the end of the window... then if hes still at PSG id expect him to win a lot of PB (much more than foden, salah and sterling put together) if he goes to barca… same can be said for his MB.

• Personally I go for Option 3 as I like to spread my risk, but with a £1000 investment I'd personally put half of it in 'big' players like you describe above (say, £150 each in Pogba and Neymar, then £100 x2 in Salah/Sterling) and the other half in lower-ranked young players with lots of growth potential - if you make decent informed investments you could see good capital appreciation very quickly on these, much more than the divs from the top players.

• Thanks guys. I should probably clarify that the 1000 is a big investment to me on here but if i lost the 1000 it wouldnt have any financial impact outside of the platform. @MickTurbo - I was trying to weigh things up between going all in on Pogba/ Neymar and where their prices would go if a move happens. I feel Neymar has a bigger potential to move, buti think his price would take less of a dip. However, i think Pogba is more likely to stay than Neymar, but if he does go then i can see a big fall in his price.

• @NewUser361278 yeh I think that's a pretty accurate reading of the situation.

• A ‘new user’ means ur not taking this seriously

• @Friedeggs - Not quite sure that my username impacts my question? Only been on for about 6 weeks. If you can be more specific on how to change my name then ive got no qualms in doing that. I have tried (if you click my icon) but it hasnt worked.

• Have a play with £200 buy a few players and see how you get on.

If you buy neymar/pog then expect to do nothing and just watch divs roll in.

You might get bored though and fancy the IPD route.

Find out what works for you.

• @NewUser361278 PM ya mate 👍

• @Vespasian32 said in Big Hitters Help:

yeh I wouldn't go on option 3 you end up with so few shares in each … and foden, salah, sterling don't win divs regularly - when you do youl get 50p a go.

id go all on Neymar or Pogba. Pogba more risk but more reward (leave or stay) .. Neymar going to return a lot of divs until the end of the window... then if hes still at PSG id expect him to win a lot of PB (much more than foden, salah and sterling put together) if he goes to barca… same can be said for his MB.

I'd echo this. Both have risks, but that's where the bet is. But both will provide you divs. I've backed both big and use the divs to buy/top up cap app hopes players. They feed your port.

• @Friedeggs Thanks mate, all updated

• Personally I’d smash into something cheap get 500 + shares and go for the rise in price rather than playing with thr the big boys

• Split it. Spread the risk. Both Neymar and pogba are fantastic holds because of their divs, but risky holds at present. I’d personally look elsewhere till it’s clear where they will be playing next year.

• Option 3 all day long. Spread the risk and don't get sucked into Pogba (could crash any day) and Neymar (injury prone).

• @Valhalla I think im talking myself into neither at the moment after reading some of these comments and spreading it out in larger chunks. I did a percentage increase calculation with Pogbas price and what i see as his perceived value if he does end up staying and could give him a 12% increase (excluding divs). I could probably make that in safer holds, albeit over a longer period by investing in a few others in the market.

• @Sir-Craven for me option 3, I appreciate you would get less shares for your money but as long as you will be holding these players for an prolonged period id expect in that time you will see a div increase (potentionally). Obviously Pogba is a media magnet but you should always diversify your portfolio. Another reason to do this as I expect you know Neymar seems to be picking up injuries at a more frequent rate than before for whatever reason. He has a quality PB but if he had another injury run like last season he has no PB potentional and very little MB. In fact I think between Jan and towards end of season he picked up hardly any MB at all apart from the odd day

• @Shippers Thanks Shippers. I think i will split it and diversify the risk. I may chuck one set of 250 in the lower end of the index to see if i can get a higher rise.

• @Sir-Craven if you are investing into Neymar and Pogba I will say don't panic if the drop as they usually tend to fluctuate during a season. Be interesting to see where Neymar is next season but he's already banned for three CL games, not sure the outcome of the three leagues games he was also meant to be banned for but if he stays at PSG it wouldn't surprise me if they fine and make him sit on bench for a couple of games too just to punish him a bit.