New Match Day Scoring Matrix

• Didn't see a thread started on this, but for those not on Twitter, Football Index tweeted this today. Apparently there is a new Match Day Scoring Matrix coming soon, I would imagine it is only slightly tweaked using the information we all provided through the survey.

EDIT: It appears that traders who have recently completed the survey, now get presented with this image. It was shared on Twitter by someone who completed the survey this morning.

0_1563281809441_D_mJsfUWwAANMji.jpg

• Thanks for sharing! Annoys me that because I am not on Twitter I have to rely on other traders to post on the forum to get news from FI, despite them having a "News and Data" subsection to their website.

• At first, I thought they tweeted it out. But they didn't.

It's doing the rounds on Twitter as it's the image that now appears after completing the survey.

We can probably be confident that it won't be anything drastic. I'm expecting/hoping for a decrease in Game Winning Goal, add points for key passes and dribbles etc.

• Has there been a second survey?
    If so I haven’t had it, but I did get the first one.

• We reckon this will be implemented for the new season?

• @FI-Manager said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

At first, I thought they tweeted it out. But they didn't.

It's doing the rounds on Twitter as it's the image that now appears after completing the survey.

We can probably be confident that it won't be anything drastic. I'm expecting/hoping for a decrease in Game Winning Goal, add points for key passes and dribbles etc.

Europe’s Top 10 dribblers 2018/19.
    Dribbles per 90mins.
    Sofiane Boufal – 6.2.
    Hatem Ben Arfa – 5.1.
    Jeremie Boga – 5.1.
    Neymar – 4.7.
    Adnan Januzaj – 4.7.
    Lionel Messi – 4.5.
    Allan Saint-Maximin – 4.4.
    Eden Hazard – 4.2.

• @Tom77 said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

Hatem Ben Arfa – 5.1.

Currently just 38p as he's a free agent, 7G & 2A in 26 for Rennes last season - would make a good acquisition for someone!

• @Tom77

Wait... are you telling me that Neymar and Messi could become even bigger PB scorers than they are already?

• It's whether dribbles will be implemented - could just as likely be distance covered or additional points for a brace or hat-trick.

Will just have to wait unless you are willing to take a punt on a whim

• @Tom77 But will points be lost for a failed dribble attempt? Lots of potential curveballs involved here.
    The one thing that looks very likely is that the sideways short pass machines will be negatively affected.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

@Tom77 But will points be lost for a failed dribble attempt? Lots of potential curveballs involved here.
    The one thing that looks very likely is that the sideways short pass machines will be negatively affected.

For sure.

• @ocs123 said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

@Tom77

Wait... are you telling me that Neymar and Messi could become even bigger PB scorers than they are already?

No its a table showing top dribblers of 2018/2019.

• Could they actually add nothing to the scoring matrix & just tweak a few of the scores to make them fairer? 🤔

For example, make an assist worth half a goal (20 PTS) rather than the current matrix where it's only worth 10 PTS?

I can't see radical changes.....

• @Ericali

That's my thinking too. If there were to be drastic changes, it would be a big announcement, and wouldn't be rolled out this close to the start of the new season.

• @Ericali said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

Could they actually add nothing to the scoring matrix & just tweak a few of the scores to make them fairer? 🤔

For example, make an assist worth half a goal (20 PTS) rather than the current matrix where it's only worth 10 PTS?

I can't see radical changes.....

This is what I'm thinking, and what I hope.

Generally my only concerns are increasing value of assist, as you say, and reducing the value of GWG, which is just too random to be such a factor.

• I completed part 1 of the survey and have just received and completed part 2, I then got the OP message as acknowledgement.

From memory it was 7 questions.
    1- Should some games be more valuable than others, i.e. CL games be more valuable than Ligue 1?
    2- Should this greater value be a fraction x1.5 or points +100, as examples.
    3- Which is more important, dribbles or crosses?
    4- Which is more important, key passes or accurate crosses?

Can't remember the rest, mostly variations on passes, crosses and dribbles. No mention of GWG, goals or assists.

• @Martyn-B are key passes not assists?

• @Ericali said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

@Martyn-B are key passes not assists?

I guess so, my mistake, they used the phrase key passes though.

• @Martyn-B said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

I completed part 1 of the survey and have just received and completed part 2, I then got the OP message as acknowledgement.

From memory it was 7 questions.
    1- Should some games be more valuable than others, i.e. CL games be more valuable than Ligue 1?
    2- Should this greater value be a fraction x1.5 or points +100, as examples.
    3- Which is more important, dribbles or crosses?
    4- Which is more important, key passes or accurate crosses?

Can't remember the rest, mostly variations on passes, crosses and dribbles. No mention of GWG, goals or assists.

Headed challenges or successful tackles was another.

• Just completed the survey.

Looks like they will make slight changes based on the most popular results on the survey.

What did people go for on the "what should be worth more?"

Headed duels won
    Tackles won

I know this is going to be dependent on what people currently have in their portfolios - but looking further ahead.

What are the most undervalued? The defensive midfielders like Kante & Gueye or the centre halfs?

I've a feeling it's the former, as some of the CD are already between £2-3 & your world class defensive midfielders are less than a £1!