New Match Day Scoring Matrix

• Yes agree, I wouldn’t recommend making big changes yet either , although it can be useful to anticipate the market. I’ve topped up on players I hold already as good holds who I think could benefit further but still good holds if they don’t.

• I should also say removing gwg will actually benefit the pass it sideways midfielders like Kroos. He gets a lot of seconds and thirds without even scoring and losing to a mid that got a gwg - take the gwg away and he would have had even more wins last season.

• @janner73
    Yes exactly. Gwg isn’t a completely arbitrary measure as it benefits goalscorers , and multiple goalscorers in particular.

I have a portfolio built around existing PB so not hoping for big changes but looking at the data , if these proposed changes were added then some players who already do well could be super PB monsters. Definitely getting a few more Kenny Lalas in just in case !

• @Indexical Completely agree - I don't think it's going to change things the way a lot of people are hoping. It will actually strengthen some already very good PB players and make them even better whilst the likes of Felix will still never get enough to win.

• Marcus Edwards, young Tottenham player who was on loan in the dutch league last year. He completed more successful dribbles than anyone else in the league by almost twice as many, staying at Tottenham this year and hoping to push for the first team.
    i have been tempted to buy into him for a while now but if they reward successful dribbles it could be another reason to buy?
    Look at the prices of other young English players!

• On the current scoring matrix already it scores

Total tackles 3 pts
    Tackle won 5pts
    Last man tackle 17 pts

Am I being daft but what's the total tackles points for?

5 for winning a tackle so 3 points for what?

• @Allams-Out said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

On the current scoring matrix already it scores

Total tackles 3 pts
    Tackle won 5pts
    Last man tackle 17 pts

That's a very good question. Thought I knew the scoring matrix really well but I'm guessing it's an attempted tackle? So successful tackle is 8 points?

With the PB matrix under review, I hope they also review the wording on the site, 'total passes' doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe it should just be 'successful pass = 1 point'.

Also, in the definitions they miss the 'T' off the word 'Tackles' under 'Won Tackle', which is obviously absolutely terrible and is making me consider withdrawing all my money.

• @Yellow said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

@Allams-Out said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

On the current scoring matrix already it scores

Total tackles 3 pts
    Tackle won 5pts
    Last man tackle 17 pts

That's a very good question. Thought I knew the scoring matrix really well but I'm guessing it's an attempted tackle? So successful tackle is 8 points?

May well be as it's also 3pts total crosses and 4pts successful cross.

So 3pts for sticking the ball in the box then 7pts if your player gets on the end of it. Which I get as if you put in a really good cross in the danger area it's still a positive play even if one of your team mates doesn't got on it.

But a missed attempted tackle. Is that a good or positive play?

• @MickTurbo said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

@Metropolis I hope everybody who had the opportunity to give feedback was as balanced and thoughtful.

Questions 2, 3 and 4 are very subjective. While I cant disagree with you at all, an aerial duel won will in many cases be goal saving, whilst a tackle could very often just be won in the centre of the park in a scrappy passage of play. Of course, in many instances the reverse will be true. Equally an accurate cross will very often be a key pass so arguably the answers to these questions will be neither here nor there.

Its question 5 where peple have the opportunity to make a definite positive influence. I like what you've said, other people will have different ideas which may be equally valid, but I just hope everyones responses are as good quality as yours

Yes, very subjective and it wasn't easy to decide between the options to be honest. For some reason, and I have no idea why, but 'aerial dual' to me brought up thoughts of climbing, accidental elbows and head injuries from a throw in. I guess some would be goal saving, but others could be offensive play also. I'm quite a fan of tackles and support more recognition for defensive midfielders but appreciate that's not a popular view.

Thanks. I try to give as much feedback as possible, as we are lucky in the sense that FI welcome it. Many companies don't, and it does build confidence in the future of the platform if they are willing to listen. It's not a perfect system at the moment, but all steps in the right direction.

Certainly encourage everyone to give feedback if you have a moment. I also email them sometimes if there's anything I think which may be beneficial feedback@footballindex.co.uk

• Dribbles is a very grey area. What if the keeper picks up the ball, puts it on the floor and walks it 8 yards outside the box before lumping it?

"Take-ons" should be the criteria I think, much clearer and more rewarding than simply "dribbles" or "distance traveled with ball".

• @Lukeroro said in New Match Day Scoring Matrix:

Dribbles is a very grey area. What if the keeper picks up the ball, puts it on the floor and walks it 8 yards outside the box before lumping it?

"Take-ons" should be the criteria I think, much clearer and more rewarding than simply "dribbles" or "distance traveled with ball".

From opta

Dribbles/Take-ons
    This is an attempt by a player to beat an opponent when they have possession of the ball. A successful dribble means the player beats the defender while retaining possession, unsuccessful ones are where the dribbler is tackled. Opta also collects attempted dribbles where the player overruns the ball with a heavy touch when trying to beat an opposition player.

• @Tom77 fair play, cheers mate.

So if you go past three players and lay it off, is that 3 dribbles?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.