Surprise packages (teams)

• Have you got any "lesser" teams that you think will be surprise packages this season in the pb leagues? And therefore their players will be ones to watch...

I'm thinking midtable teams who can push the champions League spots or newly promoted teams that do well for example.

For me Leicester and real sociedad are looking promising....Any others?

• Man United

• Southampton and Wolves may well overachieve and FC Red Bull Salzburg could do very well in the champions league with their current team IMO.

• Wolves will be the best side outside of the top 6 and have the potential to break into there depending on the form of others.

• Gonna go against everyone here and say Leicester and Everton will finish above Wolves, Wolves squad is far too thin for them to be able to play in the Europa League and do as well as they did last year in the league

• Leipzig will make the knockouts of the champs league, i fancy them to go well this season!!

• Leicester, Wolves and both the Red Bull teams are the ones im looking to for good seasons

• Milan - Giampaolo will get the best out of young players and theo Hernandez is a great signing.

Leicester - ok maybe not a 'surprise' but I believe they can compete with United/Chelsea and Arsenal this season for a 6th to 4th finish.

• Will say Watford as usual. Always among the relegation favourites, which only serves to show how little research the bookies bother doing about the unfancied sides who don't sign bang average centre backs for £45million!!

Barring an FA Cup Final related slump during the last 5/6 games of the season we'd have finished 7th or 8th last season, and we look set to keep that squad together, add one or two, and we have some excellent young players coming through.

Ironically enough, one of the few Watford players who does generate interest among indexers - Abdoulaye Doucoure - is nowhere near the best value hold. For these, see the following:

Domingos Quina (72p) - prodigious young talent with a knack for scoring spectacular goals. He will start many more games this season than his bit-part role last year

Roberto Pereyra (49p) - Argentina international, 6 goals from midfield last season, all 6 before xmas (he disappears from Jan onwards, so hold him early season!)

Kiko Femenia (20p) - 20 f*cking p! Marauding, attacking full back who loves to get crosses in and feed the big men in the box. Outside chance of PB, but definite IPD super value as it'll only take one assist in a 30 day period to yield 5% of his value

Adalberto Penaranda (38p) - 21 year old Venezuelan wonderkid, burst onto the scene in the same youth tournament as Foden, Brewster et al a couple of years ago. Currently injured, but on his way back. Should force his way in and generate excitement with his dribbling ability and pace

I know, I know. I bang on about Watford on here all the time. But we have a very strong squad, a top manager, will score a few goals, and many of our players are criminally under-rated outside of Herts, Beds and Bucks.

Oh, and we'll finish above Wolves and West Ham. Possibly Everton too... but probably not Leicester who I fancy for Top 6.

• @gloryhornet88 some decent suggestions there. Do Watford still have cucho Hernandez ?....seemed decent when I saw him on loan at Huesca last season and did well in the u20s..

• Any from lower reaches of italian, German or Spanish leagues anyone fancies to overachieve?

@FIGenesis - any thoughts on overachieving French teams for coming season?

• I quite fancy Real Sociedad to do well. Signing Portu was a great move and young signings Isak and Odegaard are two very highly rated prospects with a point to prove. If they keep Oyarzabel they could be very dangerous imo

• @gloryhornet88

How do you rate Will Hughes?

Was one I was looking at as a bit of a wild card a while back - seems to tick quite a few boxes but not sure if he is showing any signs of pushing on at Watford?

• @Abaalan Great question! Maybe Montpellier. They've got some great talent and have had a good summer. Tolouse maybe as well.

• @DW really I can’t see higher than 8th imo just because of a couple of signings does not make them in the same tier as mancs arsenal and Chelsea they will battle with West Ham and wolves and Everton no higher

• Every new season seems to bring a sense of optimism for West Ham, but i've learnt my lesson here, so staying cautious this time. However, can't deny that Fornals and Haller are excellent signings.

• @Chris-J he’s a potentially good hold too but more expensive than the players I mentioned. Works his socks off every game but in the process tends to sacrifice some of his creativity (I feel he’d benefit of we changed formation from 442 to 4231 or similar)

• @Abaalan I’m not sure what’s happening with him at the moment tbh.

• I think Brighton will be a surprise package. Graham Potter is known for playing expansive football and developing players (see Dan James). Pascal Gross at 39p therefore looks great value; his price is depressed due to Brighton having a shit season last season, but playing under a manager who will suit his style could result in a few goals/assists/increase in PB score.

Trossard too but tbh he’s a punt as I haven’t seen him play.

• Everton have bought in a goalkeeper that’s only going to play in Cup competitions and Fabian Delph, I’m not sure how people can therefore tip them for a good season?

Personally think Marco Silva is a fraud and that they’ve still got the same frailties in defence they have had for a few years and looking at Silva’s records at Hull, Watford and now Everton, his inability to organise a defence is going to be a massive downfall. His sides cannot be trusted on the road either, only seven (three of those the relegated sides) won fewer away games last season.

Everton haven’t got a striker either and I’m not convinced that Dominic Calvert-Lewin is the answer.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.