Greenwood v Brewster

• @dannypea was it you that just pushed greenwood to 3.90? Unbelievable scenes jeff

• I’m firmly in the James camp, for me has the most value and seems very media friendly. He has looked very good in pre season.
    A player with his pace is going to light up old Trafford.

• I bought my proven PB players early and they have stagnated and slightly dropped over the past 2 weeks, think money has been going into these 2 plus Pogba. I am certain I could have invested my money better in the short term with both of these players.

My concern would be what happens on the 7th or 8th of August? Would these two players be sold, at a good CA, to free up funds for the proven PB players? I made my decision, probably not a great one, and am going to hold for the new season.

Don't hold either, good luck to those that do!

• @Vespasian32 said in Greenwood v Brewster:

@dannypea was it you that just pushed greenwood to 3.90? Unbelievable scenes jeff

Someone just dumped Rodrygo and brought greenwood (twitter).

• I don’t get why people think Brewster is a guaranteed starter first week of the season, Klopp said yesterday that Bobby Firmino would have been training for 2 weeks before the Norwich game and Origi would be ahead of him to start anyway, personally in pure FI terms I think Greenwood is a better investment due to the ‘Man United’ factor, plus united will have the Europa League and League Cup so Greenwood could be starting once a week and that’s not even including the premier league, Liverpool’s front 3 is too settled for Brewster to start most weeks, he might get sub appearances and games in the cups, but due to uniteds lack of depth on right wing and striker Greenwood will get more opportunities

• @Nally said in Greenwood v Brewster:

When I spotted this thread I was hoping there wouldn't be a comment like this so I didn't have to reply, I'll counter your points below.

For good reason as he's the better player, okay that's my opinion but he's definitely at the biggest MB club. Greenwoods IPO was 50p more than Brewsters so there's only 3p difference on what they've actually risen.

I doubt you've watched both Greenwoods games on mutv to make that judgement, I've seen Brewster's tap ins (as was Greenwoods) but can't comment on his sharpness.

Greenwood is not going on loan, Solksjaer just said he has a 'good possibility' of starting against Chelsea.

Disagree for reason above and Brewster is behind Firmino and Origi in the striker pecking order, Greenwood has weak RW competition and can play LW/ST too.

If I remember correctly Brewster got a MB score in the 300's when he placed like Greenwood did yesterday.

Spot on mate

• @Martyn-B I'm the same, not bought into any of the friendly players that seem to be shooting up anytime someone scores! Port pretty flat most of July.
    Missed out on some chances but happy with my port just waiting for the season to start.
    Will be interesting to see if the money comes out of these guys and into proven PB regulars if/when they don't get regular game time.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah don't mind you having an opinion, I meant because there was a thread on this very question I created last week and I didn't want to repeat myself, downvote wasn't from me.

• In the brewdog v greengoat saga, I can only say that from what I’ve seen of Brewster- he’s a real talent. A complete footballer. Haven’t seen a whole lot of greenwood, but heard good things, so will be eagerly watching their progress this season.

• I'm sure at least one of these will get an international call-up this season but I'm not sure which. Should give a nice boost to their price and possible MB. Remember that Southgate has already capped Solanke!

• Brewster would’ve had more 1st team game time if he didn’t have that injury, hopefully Greenwood doesn’t pick one up.
    Hold both so happy for them to both succeed (more so Brewster as a Liverpool fan 😁)
    Hoping the press for the season battle it out with the pair, MB gold, both will get game time with the amount of games in a single season & both managers showing a lot of faith

• I've just bought 100 shares in Greenwood. After his performance in the friendly win over Leeds and Rashford gushing that Greenwood's ability is "frightening", it has been suggested that he could make the lineup for Utd's first league game. If this is the case, he might not be just an over-hyped Utd youngster.

Choo choo? 0_1563476370707_Steam Train.PNG

• @Nally The thread is titled Greenwood v Brewster, I'm not sure what I was supposed to post other than which one I thought was the best investment. If people disagree that's fine just wasnt expecting people to become annoyed. I wasnt trying to devalue Greenwood or pump Brewster, I personally understand the hype in both of them but feel they are both probably higher in FI value than they should be at this stage in their career.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah I disagreed with your opinions and offered valid points why, that's allowed as you say, by the looks of it you're the one who got a bit annoyed lad.

• It's like Blur Versus Oasis all over again! 😂😂😂😂

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Greenwood v Brewster:

It's like Blur Versus Oasis all over again! 😂😂😂😂

Ah the memories. The number of people i wouldnt even talk to because they were blur fans 🤣🤣

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah i get arguement over this pairs value but id be careful when we talk about players being over valued as they may seem to be at the moment but the past has shown that rather than these players losing value it is more likely that its just the rest of the market that needs to catch up. Stating players are over valued suggests the market is at its ceiling but i reckon this scenario is a good few years away yet

• @Black-wolf I completely agree. Pre share split brewster was just under £4. I had him on my watch list for ages and invested just after the SS. This was when pogba and neymar was like £25 per share. Brewster and greenwood now feel expensive in comparison to the market but I don't see either dropping in price only going up. Yes they may dip but they won't crash!

• In FI terms it really does not matter who is the best player currently, it's about potential for future growth.

Both have lots of football ability, are both future England internationals and I suspect that both will continue to grow at the moment.

However, there is a ceiling to the growth, and unless they are playing regularly then they will be quickly forgotten for the next big thing coming through (Sancho, CHO, Maddison, AWB) next season.

So, a word of caution, unless they are going to be playing regularly then be very wary of buying in right now at the current prices.

In terms of ROI, its the next Brewster or Greenwood that you need to be looking for

• @Black-wolf Yeah you're right

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.