Who to Sell...

• Need to create some funds... can anyone convince me to keep any of these 3?

Ben Woodburn....
    Marcus Edwards...
    Rodrygo...

all seem to be on a downward curve - however i normally regret everyone i sell at some point so i'm sure these wont be any different

• If you're not sure who to sell, why not sell a proportion of each to realise the cash you want? You wont then have the "I sold the wrong one" feeling.....

• I only really know Ben Woodburn and I don't hold and never have.
    To me he is very very average. He won't make it at Liverpool, I'm 100% certain. I think he's championship level at best really.
    Woodburn won't bring you any dividends and will steadily start to depreciate once this hype around youth players playing in meaningless friendly games dies down.

Nothing against the lad but that's just my assessment

• @Old-Man

Like this

• looks like you've took a 'punt' on kids in the hope that they might get first team action but now they look to be missing out it will be harder to make returns on them short to mid term... I did this with Toisin Adarabioyo last year and after a couple of weeks at West Brom cut my losses... Never again for me!!!

Woodburn is targeted by Hull....

Marcus Edwards is wanted by Brentford....

Rodrygo will play next season at Castilla... He is the only one I would consider keeping..

Incidentally... I brought Adarabioyo this time last year at what would be around about 25p (or the equivelent of at the time)... I think i sold for something like 22p but if i kept now he would be worth 42p so still a very decent return of around 80%... But you have to question will other players move quicker and earn you more from a similar investment??? and i think they'll be plenty, although if Rodrygo does well for Castilla (like Vinicius did) he could soon be propelled to first team action!!!

• Cheers for all feed back

ive done pretty well from investing in youngsters - i realised early on i didnt have enough funds to pump into Neymar/Pogba to benefit from the divs...ive had to accept getting a few wrong on the way though.

i sold half my shares in Edwards & Woodburn....will put some into Anthony Gordon and then save the rest for IPO's

• Sorry to hijack. The expensive players (£3+) that I hold are pogba (180 futures), sterling (120), cho (100), rashford (150), greenwood (130), foden (160), brewster (130), TAA (100)

I think one of them is gonna have to go the journey because there are other players I want to buy up who I think could get a good rise any time now.

So simply, who and why?

• @MickTurbo Tough choice there buddy good luck with working out which 1 is gonna go got a feeling whoever it is u might regret it but I suppose that depends on who u put it into 🤔

• @Carboney yeh been turning it over for a full day now, there are 2 who I definitely dont want to sell and one I'm leaning towards choosing but theres always somebody who can come up with a reason that I hadnt thought of

• @MickTurbo Tough choice you have there - for me I think it would be Rashford - simply on the basis that there's 2 United forwards there and of the 2 I believe Greenwood as well as having hype on his side will be the better PB player and is probably likely to get more MB as he breaks through.

• I would have to think who’s price really has the scope to make more roi?
    Foden right now is the second most expensive mid on the index, is he really going to go up that much more?
    @MickTurbo

• @MickTurbo said in Who to Sell...:

Sorry to hijack. The expensive players (£3+) that I hold are pogba (180 futures), sterling (120), cho (100), rashford (150), greenwood (130), foden (160), brewster (130), TAA (100)

I think one of them is gonna have to go the journey because there are other players I want to buy up who I think could get a good rise any time now.

So simply, who and why?

Skim a few off each any raise money that way..

• Got a dilemma myself would like to have neymar and Pogba but can’t see a big enough rise to justify the outlay and also Man Utd players I find hard to buy but as there a bit media friendly in f1 terms I really could do with adding a couple. Was thinking Rashford and greenwood but would need to sell a couple of my big boys and then just move it into these to got a couple in mind but won’t do anything till the season has got underway hopefully they both don’t rocket to much in the next couple of months

• @janner73 you do make a good point and I did up my stake in rashford considerably when pog looked like leaving, now that that seems less likely I suppose I should be considering him

@Tom77 funnily enough foden is one of the 2 I really want to keep! I do take your point of course, as the 2nd highest midfielder he does stand out a bit. The thing with him is that forgetting FI for just a second, I think hes a special player, I think hes more proven than any of the inflated england youth players, and as such he could be England's talisman for years and you only have to look at Rooney's all time yeild, and he was getting towards the twilight of his career when FI came about. Ifs and buts there I know

@Dan-w possibly that is the best option although it does feel like a little but of a cop out. Suppose I could trim some more severely than others and then kid myself that I've made a decision lol.

Cheers all

• @MickTurbo I would hold the 180 Pogba, round all the others down to 100, top up 20 Pogba and hopefully have enough money left to buy significant holds in your other targets.

As new season gets closer then portfolios will again be dominated by the proven PB and MB players.

Also my OCD prefers the nice round numbers!

• @Martyn-B cheers. And mine as well. I havent made a proper decision yet, I'm really finding it hard. There is likely to be a bit of rounding down taking place with probs only CHO and TAA immune since I dont like to hold less than 100 so i either hold or sell up completely which i dont want to do.

I could just hold out till next friday when i get paid but I've earmarked an absolute max of £700 of my wage for FI and to do what I want to do will take around £1200 so in a nutshell I need to free up at least £500.

1st world problems lol