Help

• I’ve got £50 to invest.... any suggestions

• @NewUser4641 Is this your first 50 or do you already know the index? If the former then you need to figure out what your profit-making strategy is going to be. If the latter then you need to let us know what your strategy is so we can make appropriate suggestions. :)

• What would you recommend...

• Are you happy with small but steady returns? In that case buy into the top 5 players with one share each.

• Thanks.. I’ll start with that and invest more if it’s as good as it looks

• I would hold on for a bit, read how the index works and how PB and MB work. Watch how players rise and drop in relation to media and performance and then think about which players are likely to return money and which are likely to appreciate. Look at the players who are dropping in value and understand why. Make sure you are following the major accounts on twitter (but bear in mind people will be plugging their own players but there is a lot of essential info out there) and listen to the podcasts from Football Index Guide. You then need to form your own strategies.

• @NewUser4641 read as much of the forum as possible it has a lot of advice

• treat it as fun & a learning experience at first. trust your instincts. buy quality. prices will hopefully rise further as the WC approaches, so media/pb friendly players that could have a good WC might be worth a try. just my approach tho

• probably too late as you've already invested but I think i would start with x5 Paul Pogba's as he's hogging the Media Buzz limelight right now (guaranteeing you dividend payouts this week and I expect him to grow in value because of this) and spread the rest of x5 x10 x10 £1 players who you truly believe in?

Tip for MB wins pick the players that are often in the news even if its just for farting on instagram

Tip for PB pick defenders that play for Juve, City, anyone that's likely to score a goal and keep a clean sheet... any midfielders that are often scoring goals (penalty takers?) and any striker named Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo...

Tip for growth pick players on the cusp of coming in to form, who might have transfer speculation not too far away and who might be the best player (or one of) in their team. And prob best picking someone playing in Eng/Ger/Ita/Spa/Fra as you'll see more interest and potential Performance Buzz opportunities.

Stick with that formula and I guarantee you'll be £5 up in a month!!!! ;-)

• As a very general rule, you're usually better off buying from the decrease list than the increase or trending list - if they're already showing a lot of green you've usually missed the boat and are better off waiting for them to drop again. As I say that's a very general tip and there are exceptions (such as Neymar ...)

• If u want to flip players ( make a quick profit ) you need to buy them a few weeks ahead ( yes sounds confusing). Look at up and coming fixtures. Some people pile money into players the day before and on the day, that’s when you need to sell.

• @NewUser60527 said in Help:

If u want to flip players ( make a quick profit ) you need to buy them a few weeks ahead ( yes sounds confusing). Look at up and coming fixtures. Some people pile money into players the day before and on the day, that’s when you need to sell.

Yep ...

Best example is England matches. Don't buy England players the day before an England game, buy them 2 weeks earlier. Decide whether you are after capital or dividends. If the first then buy when people don't want them but will do later. And sell when people do want them (day before the England game). If you are after dividends then you may want to hold during the England games just makes sure you still apply the "buy 2 weeks early" principle.