Are bots legal?

• Even if there was a small chance of getting caught using a bot, It simply isn't worth the risk for anyone with substantial amounts invested in the platform.

• The easiest way to beat the bots is simply to ignore IPOs.

Wait a week and then buy whoever you wanted after prices have dipped.

• Where there is a will there is a way. Anyone who get's an IPO at the issue price should be investigated to ensure they are just a lucky bastard and are not using a bot. Using a bot is cheating and taking money out of the pockets of honest traders. The inability to not police this raises all kinds of concerns about the security of this platform.

• @LittleFish said in Are bots legal?:

Where there is a will there is a way. Anyone who get's an IPO at the issue price should be investigated to ensure they are just a lucky bastard and are not using a bot. Using a bot is cheating and taking money out of the pockets of honest traders. The inability to not police this raises all kinds of concerns about the security of this platform.

Agree with this. It should be easy to see if its the same accounts always getting in first - and that tells you where the bots are.

• I watched a friend going mad at the rapid rise of some players literally in seconds. Waiting for who he wanted.
    Must be BOTs buying up as soon as they are on.
    A 70p player rises to £1 In seconds is farcical.
    People will buy thousands sell and get double in space of a few minutes.

This is a Gambling site full stop!

Other investors are losing out due to people cheating.

F.I are making the commission out of the sale afterwards technically making money from Ill gotten gains.
    If we found a loop hole and all rinsed the Index company we'd all be band!!!!

Surely ' im not a robot' software can be implemented so everyone has a fair go.

We all want to make some money, but people making huge gains cheating is taking the Urine.

I didn't make any purchases, or try in the window but it looked crazy..😎.

• @janner73 yep

if an account has bought several purchases of 300 shares at a time within seconds, thats not a human doing it

BUT, while FI are making serious money off the back of these IPO flash sell-offs they wont (and clearly havent) done anything about it

says a lot about those in charge imo

• @Sacred you think ?

muti-buy a player at 70p then sell within 20mins for £170-£1.83 making £1 a share profit

I'd say thats worth their while. Multiply that by several players.....

• @Munchie63 I have to say that today seemed much better (obvious issues excluded with market selling and site freezes), and I have seen many people that have been able to get on reasonably close to IPO price. Whether that is due to the fact that FI have done something to counter bots or the fact that it now takes 3 buys of 300 to move the price 1p or a combination of both I don't know.

It's a real shame that the market selling price issues and site freezes have tarnished what would otherwise have been a much better day for IPOs. One step forward, 2 steps back sadly.

• @Munchie63 ive just said the same on different page. Just shows how much FI care about bots as long as they make money. Ive only been on the platform for couple of months but didn't even log on to have a look at ipo as i know bots would beat me.

• @Daly3174 Its hard for us to see if/what they have done, if anything.

But the price hikes, literally 30p within seconds, even with a lot of users at the keyboard ready, would imply to me that nothings been done.

Just add in a captcha on IPO days and it should be easier for all.

Slower, but gives everyone the same chance and becomes an issue for the bots

But simply checking any accounts that bought 900+ shares in seconds would identify who is using them

• I'm hoping that the people with bots will have been caught out today then and hopefully next week isn't as crazy. Even with no bots wont there be a very quick boom as some people will be very hot on certain players?