Easy solution

• All they need to do is add the players to market without setting a time n date on it like random so no one knows when they are. You won't get the mad rush n fuck it all up. B a lot better.

• @CLACKETT that is a very good idea. I doubt FI would implement it though.

• @CLACKETT I suspect bots are set to sweep the index for new names, rather than specific players and time. The bots would benefit most from this solution. As it is theres lots of us that got in and out while the bots were doing there thing so ive sold to bots and made profit - reducing their profit slightly.

• @CLACKETT said in Easy solution:

to market without setting a time n date on it like random so no one knows when they are. You won't get the mad rush n fuck it all up. B a lot better.

Would be even worse in my opinion - the bots would be set to constantly refresh/search the index and detect & purchase the second a player is added.

• Bad idea, means us normal folk would have no chance of getting on them. I’ve had a very good day with a few crashes etc. I’m happy with the way it went obviously not the payout when sold but it will be sorted out

• @CLACKETT said in Easy solution:

All they need to do is add the players to market without setting a time n date on it like random so no one knows when they are. You won't get the mad rush n fuck it all up. B a lot better.

Good idea. It won't beat the bots as they are run every day so would clean up as usual. But as you say, it'll stop the mess with the human traders.

• How about for IPOs, they up the amount of shares needed to increase the price for a limited time just on the ipos?

It makes it less enticing for bots, and for everyone else, they are usually long term holds anyway

• @CLACKETT personally id list them to the market but allow no trading for an hour, then ONLY allow buys for an hour maybe longer then open the market selling option and then IS 24 hours later. Surely this cuts out Bots, crazy buys just to make a very quick buck and then the buying wont interfere with the selling too much, surely this would be easy to implement

• @Shippers good shout. Although how about they put all new ipos on at £100 a share for 24 hours and then those using bots are really in trouble!

• got to be a better way.
    I asked for Soares 6 months ago before the brazil goals and arsenal links.

• How about for the first 24hrs you can buy a maximum of 300. Gives everyone a chance to get IPOs at a decent price.

• @Parvez112333 said in Easy solution:

How about for the first 24hrs you can buy a maximum of 300. Gives everyone a chance to get IPOs at a decent price.

Exactly this. If you can disable IS for 24 hours then surely you can set a max of 300 per user for 24 hours.
    I'm sure it wouldn't be popular with everyone but it would give everyone a much fairer chance to get at a reasonable price.

• @Parvez112333

nah bots will just use different users names - I had a bot creator on an old website (not for for fraudulent purposes) you can basically load thousands of users if you want. So again, this would benefit the bots more than the humans.

• I cant see FI doing anything about bots. FI are still making their commission on all that are sold whether thats bots or real traders.

• @janner73 said in Easy solution:

@Parvez112333 said in Easy solution:

How about for the first 24hrs you can buy a maximum of 300. Gives everyone a chance to get IPOs at a decent price.

Exactly this. If you can disable IS for 24 hours then surely you can set a max of 300 per user for 24 hours.
    I'm sure it wouldn't be popular with everyone but it would give everyone a much fairer chance to get at a reasonable price.

This is the only viable solution - possibly increase it to 900 or something for those who have portfolios valued at 20k+

• @Vespasian32 But surely you would need multiple accounts to program a bot with multiple users and it would be much easier for them to deal with the multiple accounts issue?

• Add a CAPTCHA form onto every purchase. Sorted.

Or, even better, add a CAPTCHA form onto every IPO for the first 24 hours that it's on the website. Then the CAPTCHA form can come off after the player has been on the index for 24 hours.

https://www.scienceabc.com/innovation/how-does-captcha-work-google-recaptcha.html

The biggest issue with IPOs is the bots, so that's the problem that should be tackled, rather than releasing IPOs at random times or without warning.

• Yep. Lots of sites have to deal with bots or screenscrapers etc. There’s standard ways of dealing with them - captcha, and you can do that by IP address so only when volume of queries gets about a certain level.

FI is a great idea, but the state of some of their IT is still very immature.

• @janner73 well, a user buying 300 sheares and selling for £1 profit on each shouldnt be too disheartened.

max buy limit or captcha but it needs solving

• 24 hour Captcha solves the problem. It's just a question of if the higher ups really want to get rid of bots.