Troy parrott

• I watched the first half and have to say Parrott looked good. I'm not just saying that either as I hold him.

Looked physically ready and competed really well, and was only a legendary Italian keeper away from exploding in price (again). Seems a pretty safe hold, just need to wait for him to score (whenever that is) and it'll be party time for his price.

• @shilly Divs have to increase at some point and I'm sure they will - and it will be funded by the all commission being generated by all the short-term trading which is why I embrace it as it will ultimately benefit dividends.

• Parrott actually played really well and played a key role in the goal. I cant believe this kid just turned 17, he's a unit already and still growing!

This guy is a keeper.

• He got booked. Surely that's worth a 50p rise?

• Held 50, topped up to 166 and can say I'm very pleased with what I saw in the first half. Very good at pressing the defence, solid link up play and very composed. Holding both Greenwood and Parrott and watching both play, got to say I much prefer Parrott as a player and at his price I'll be topping up again.

• Long term its a gamble, but when buying these youth bubble players remember that for every Troy Parrott there's a Cyril Swan. Where's he now ?

alt text

• @Millzy27 said in Troy parrott:

Held 50, topped up to 166 and can say I'm very pleased with what I saw in the first half. Very good at pressing the defence, solid link up play and very composed. Holding both Greenwood and Parrott and watching both play, got to say I much prefer Parrott as a player and at his price I'll be topping up again.

I really like both of them as well and hold both.

• @Millzy27 I went absolutely wild and dived in with 322 and I'm glad I did. On what I've seen today I'll hold for the mid term at least and all gigi's save has done is stopped me from having to make a tough decision

• @TeamGB said in Troy parrott:

Well Parrot’s not chirping today and no goal. Will be a complete team switch around at half-time. Hope people aren’t going to get burnt already buying in on at a peak? I’m sure there’s many on here expecting instant results.

Have you watched it, very obvious he is a good player. Check twitter for comments by spurs fans not index holders the lad is very good.

• THURSDAY

Parrot v Greenwood

The showdown. I’m not sure this is the time to be taking profit. Thursday could be big

• Can't be bad when you are substituted by Harry Kane

• The big issue here is Harry Kane. He seems unlikely to be going anywhere and is far better than Parrott. At best Parrot can hope to fill the Llorente slot this season and most likely the next too. Anyone buying in at £1.50+ is taking such a punt that they might as well of just nipped off to Paddy power and placed an old fashioned bet and try to win some decent money. Anyone who got in around a quid, I applaud you as I think you'll be making a profit this year either way his season goes.

• @Alpilgrim I remember people saying the same thing about Brewster and Greenwood and now look 😂

• @FootballScout101

The issue still stands that some of, but not all of, these players will become superstars. Look at Solanke as an example of what often happens in the Premier League. Chances in the premier League are less than they should be for all young players.

These players can't grow exponentially, some are only a few quid away from Neymar having barely played a game and with nowhere near the returns or performance. At some point people are getting in when the price is too high to be sensible. Many of those people have done so today.

• We already have Greengoat, Brewdog and N Kat. Struggling to think of an animal pun for young Troy though, any ideas?

• @Alpilgrim It's looking at too rationally. People are buying the potential and these youngsters have unknown potential - as long as they continue to show potential to be superstars they will continue to rise. And even when they maybe don't they will be given second chances by traders as they are so young.
    Looking at youth rationally doesn't work - the moment I stopped trying to rationalise youth prices my profits shot up.

• @Alpilgrim said in Troy parrott:

The big issue here is Harry Kane. He seems unlikely to be going anywhere and is far better than Parrott. At best Parrot can hope to fill the Llorente slot this season and most likely the next too. Anyone buying in at £1.50+ is taking such a punt that they might as well of just nipped off to Paddy power and placed an old fashioned bet and try to win some decent money. Anyone who got in around a quid, I applaud you as I think you'll be making a profit this year either way his season goes.

There is an awful lot of games to be fair, I never get this thing with Kane seemingly being the only striker that can play for them.
    United have always had 3or 4 top class strikers because at the end of the day you need a squad.
    Spurs can’t rely on Son to step in when Kane gets injured.
    Parrott will get plenty of chances I’m sure.

• @Tom77 said in Troy parrott:

@Alpilgrim said in Troy parrott:

The big issue here is Harry Kane. He seems unlikely to be going anywhere and is far better than Parrott. At best Parrot can hope to fill the Llorente slot this season and most likely the next too. Anyone buying in at £1.50+ is taking such a punt that they might as well of just nipped off to Paddy power and placed an old fashioned bet and try to win some decent money. Anyone who got in around a quid, I applaud you as I think you'll be making a profit this year either way his season goes.

There is an awful lot of games to be fair, I never get this thing with Kane seemingly being the only striker that can play for them.
    United have always had 3or 4 top class strikers because at the end of the day you need a squad.
    Spurs can’t rely on Son to step in when Kane gets injured.
    Parrott will get plenty of chances I’m sure.

Indeed, and Pochettino has one of the best reputations around for bringing on youth players.

• Looks like he's going to get a few chances this year and as we've seen over the past week, it doesn't take much for people to get on the hype train.

• Against all my trading strategies of the last 5 months (joined 22/2/19) I have just completed my first rip and run on Troy. I cleared by portfolio of some maybes by ISing to release some cash and bought on the news of his team selection. Made nearly 7 % nett return on my money. This has covered my unrealised losses on Pogba and my portfolio p&l looks much better. I just can't sit there and comfort myself that the prices will come back. They probably will but he who dares!
    Wife not happy as was suppose to cut the lawn this morning.
    I think I'm taking the day off for the next IPO and give that a bash.
    Just got to love FI. Many ways to turn a profit.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.