Lukaku's weight?

• @Dan-w

1. He doesn’t want to stay at united
    2. 75 million for a back up player sitting on the bench.
      I don’t know what games you’ve been watching. You been watching you tube clips because you haven’t been watching united the last 3 seasons with him up top.

• @ChazFI123
    I have no idea neither, I think they could spring a surprise with who they sign. Lots of names mentioned but no concrete talks like with Fernandez, longstaff and Maguire. Dybala linked with united today, apparently they’ve made an approach. I haven’t seen enough of him tbh.

• @ChazFI123 I was 60-40!

Although, one-on-one with a keeper, who would you want on your team?

• @DavidMUFC1987 I watched most games to be honest.
    I'm well aware he doesnt want to stay. All I have said is that he is up there with the best goalscorers and this is backed up by his stats!
    Yes his touch is like a baby elephant, hes frustrating as hell! The style Mourinho played didnt do him any favours, isolating him up top on his own when clearly he cant hold the ball up for a big lad, like he should be able too.
    He could still do a job for utd imo with the style of play changing.
    Hes a proven 20 goal a season striker.

• @Dan-w
    He’s a goalscorer there’s no questions there but ask yourself this. Would he get in City’s, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern or Juventus first team. If your answer is no then he’s not good enough for Manchester United, if your answer is yes then you need mental attention 😂

• @Lukeroro
    I can’t name one, id have liked jovic but he’s gone Madrid. United are to slow in the transfer market, Ed hasn’t got a clue

• @DavidMUFC1987 in the smallest of ways I kind of get Dan’s point, in the fact that if lukaku was happy to sit on the bench and only play against the poor teams in the league I think he could have a job to do- like when he carried us against Palace and Southampton last year when we had the injuries, but the amount of money United could get for him and there’s 0 chance he’d just happily be a bench warmer for the games against the top 8/9 teams there’s no sense in keeping him

• @DavidMUFC1987 are Manchester United currently as good as any of the teams you mentioned?thyeve got some catching up to do! We should get rid of him no doubt, but who to replace him with?

• @DavidMUFC1987 said in Lukaku's weight?:

@Dan-w
    He’s a goalscorer there’s no questions there but ask yourself this. Would he get in City’s, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern or Juventus first team. If your answer is no then he’s not good enough for Manchester United, if your answer is yes then you need mental attention 😂

To be fair how many Man U players would get in those teams? Rashford probably wouldn't, Daniel James would probably only make the bench in a couple, does that mean they aren't good enough for Man U? They've spent £50m (!) on Wann-Bissaka who's struggle to get in half those teams, the same for Matic, Shaw, Lindelof, Martial, Lingard would be nowhere near and De Gea would struggle based on last season.

Lukaku is a bit of a lump but if you play to his strengths with quick, attacking football rather than the pedestrian stuff favoured by Mourinho then he'll get goals. He probably doesn't have the all round game to play for a top team but Man U aren't a top team by an absolute mile.

• @DavidMUFC1987 said in Lukaku's weight?:

@Lukeroro
    I can’t name one, id have liked jovic but he’s gone Madrid. United are to slow in the transfer market, Ed hasn’t got a clue

It's been a bit ridiculous that they haven't learnt from the past couple of years. Unless Martial is going to get a more prominent role. And there's always Alexis!!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.