Elias Sorensen

• Handed his first start today and the only promising thing to come out of the 4-0 defeat to Wolves. With Newcastle light up front and Bruce at the helm likely this guy could see some game time this season!

Thoughts?

• He might get some minutes, looks like they might get joelinton though who would be a great signing for them.

• He is well thought of up here and wanting to give him minutes, obviously the loan move to Blackpool knocked him so rebuilding his confidence.

Although he missed a sitter against West Ham and was very disappointed, the good thing was he was still demanding the ball and making runs. Will get more minutes the rest of preseason and fully expect him to be in and around squads this season.

He will make his premier league debut before Christmas (IMO)

• If they get joelington/Andycarroll and have Sorensen that would be pretty good to be fair.

• @Tom77 Really hope they don't get Carroll to the detriment of Sorensen.

We've been linked with Carroll (which we do every transfer window) and also Welbeck. Both on frees but with less than impressive injury records and the wage they will want will no doubt be pretty large.

Joelington will add more pace but is unproven and I know Rafa felt that whilst he was a good player, spending the quoted £40m on him wasn't worth it when could use the money to strengthen more areas.

If Joelington gets over the line, then we can see who else comes in, Carroll isn't fit enough but could offer something different. I'd prefer another striker to come in ahead of Carroll and go with Joe, Elias, Muto and other striker.

• Carroll would be an impact sub for sure. If fit he is a handful.

• @Tom77 said in Elias Sorensen:

Carroll would be an impact sub for sure. If fit he is a handful.

Big if that though, only played 12 times last season and during his time at West Ham he missed over 150 games. Cracking player when fit and unbeatable in the air on his day

• I'm pretty sure Newcastle are after a striker.

Linked with Joelington & Samatta over the past week

• @Ericali said in Elias Sorensen:

I'm pretty sure Newcastle are after a striker.

Linked with Joelington & Samatta over the past week

Joelington deal expected to be announced today but Bruce is still after 2 more strikers, a winger, full back and centre midfielder.

I do think if he gets 2 strikers in, one of them will be either Welbeck or Carroll.